Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Would you like to own this rifle???

[Linked Image]

I have decided to sell my Remington M700 Alaskan Ti. Why? For the same old reason as always � to fund yet another rifle project. Call me crazy, but my craziness will allow me to once again try something new and will also enable someone else to obtain a very special and proven rifle. Okay, enough preamble. Here�s the sales pitch�if you need it.

Perhaps no place on earth conjures up such hunting dreams as Alaska. Tall mountains, rolling tundra, big bears, moose, caribou, sheep and goats. Alaska has it all. So it seems fitting that Remington�s finest production rifle is named the Alaskan Ti � a lightweight dream rifle.
[Linked Image]

The Remington M700 Alaskan Ti was designed with state-of-the-art standards. Its receiver is titanium (Ti), making that receiver incredible stiff and strong and yet half of weight of a conventional steel receiver. Complementing that space-age receiver is a bolt with spiral-cut flutes and a 24-inch magnum contour barrel with light parallel fluting. The action is pillar bedded for outstanding shot-to-shot consistency into a premium synthetic stock featuring a MaxxGaurd textured finish and enhanced with a Sims R3 recoil pad.

[Linked Image]

Here�s also a link to the current Remington webpage on this rifle:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_Alaskan_Ti.asp

This particular Remington Model 700 Alaskan Ti is chambered in .300 WSM, a superb short-action cartridge fully capable of hunting almost anything, anywhere. It�s been called be the best and most versatile of all the short magnum cartridges. The combination of this rifle�s short-action titanium receiver, fluted bolt and barrel and its lightweight synthetic stock, means that this very special hunting rifle weighs just 6 pounds 1 ounce. With Talley lightweight mounts and a Leupold VX-III 2.5-8 scope it still weighs but 6 pounds 15 ounces, and it shoots like a dream. The American classic-style stock, excellent recoil pad and forward balance tames recoil nicely. I found it especially accurate all the way out to 300 and 400 yards with Federal factory 180-grain Barnes TSX ammunition.

[Linked Image]

This is not an inexpensive rifle, but I would argue that it is the ultimate factory synthetic rifle available today. Nothing else is quite in its class. And chambered in the versatile .300 WSM, it�s ready for anything.

[Linked Image]

Consider also that this rifle already knows how to hunt! It�s just two years old, but it�s already taken moose, caribou, elk and antelope. This record-book caribou bull was taken at over 300 yards.

[Linked Image]

This big moose was dropped in heavy cover at a third that distance.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/TimberlineX/2008NWTMooseCaribou040.jpg[/img]

Note the outstanding bullet performance from this rifle on that moose. I recovered this Barnes 180-grain TSX bullet up against the hide of his far shoulder after it had punched straight through his massive onside shoulder. My knife clicked against it when I caped him. The .300 WSM bullet had mushroomed perfectly and retained 179 grains.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/TimberlineX/2008NWTMooseCaribou069.jpg[/img]

Here�s what I�m thinking on this special rifle. Remington�s MSRP on the rifle alone is $2349. However, most dealers have this rifle more realistically priced in the neighborhood of $1700 to $1850 new. While used, with just a couple of the usual surface scuffs from hunting, this particular rifle has been babied and it�s a proven, accurate shooter. My price for the rifle alone is $1350. The last, used Remington M700 Alaskan Ti sold on 24 Hour Campfire went for over $1500. Or I'll sell the entire package - the rifle plus Talley lightweight mounts and Leupold VX-III 2.5-8 scope with B&C reticle - for $1850 if you simply must have the entire package. I purchased this rifle brand new and have been its only owner. To those prices add $35 for surface shipping to your FFL agent.

I�ll end this description with just one more thought. A really good hunting rifle does more than just shoot bullets. A really good hunting rifle takes you where you want to go.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/TimberlineX/2008NWTMooseCaribou339.jpg[/img]

Let me know if hunting is in your dreams, and if this special rifle is for you. Contact me with questions or to buy this rifle.

bill@insidearchery.com
Colorado Springs, CO

"Don't let the things you can't do, stop you from doing the things you can do."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great sales pitch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by aalf
Great sales pitch.

Yup.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It appears that Sasquatch made prints across your foam rubber mat. Get any pics of him? grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i believe he could sell ice to eskimos in the winter, maybe you should sell other peoples items for a fee........

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I believe you could sell a car full of farts.

Please tell me thats not Griz tracks on that foam. Geez....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Where are the pictures of the antelope and elk? smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Smoooooooth. smile

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
That is a beautiful rifle and if I had the cash, I would buy it just because of the time and effort you put into the sells pitch! Nice rig!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bill-

Best classified I've seen to date.
Reckon you're going to regret this one....... smile
I trust the new one will be uber-special?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm surprised there is no music in the backround when open his post....

great ad, free bump

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Great Gun! If I needed a WSm this would be the ONE!!!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GREAT POST! You had me taking out my wallet when I realized that I don't have any money.

-The only real power comes out of a long rifle-
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Great ad!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
Bill- Best classified I've seen to date.

I don't know, I think his add a month or two back for the No.1 was just a wee bit better?? wink

Life is just one damned thing after another
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by aalf
Great sales pitch.
wink

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rifles,

Love em, shoot em, hunt em, dump them.

I would rate this poster a true rifle looney.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ever think about being a writer/journalist? You really have a way with words. <G>

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Oh yea, nice gun!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's funny how he puts up this great sales pitch and everyone admires it but no one is interested in the gun...

-The only real power comes out of a long rifle-
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, B52RadarNav, 44mc, Ashworth, 11 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,260
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.