Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by muledeer

Personally, I would never buy a .243 -- it's a cartridge falling in the middle between varmint cartridges and big game cartridges and not being particularly good for shooting either.

Dennis

Dennis wasn't it you who wrote "the only people who seem to have a hard time killing deer with the .243 are gunwriters" or was that someone else?

Personally I find little recoil difference between a 100 gr .243 load and a 120 TSX for my 7-08.

Dennis, shame on you. He wants to kill deer. THERE AINT A DEER ON THIS PLANET THAT A .243 CAN'T KILL!

I can pretty safely guarantee you that I never made the comment -- I suspect it was My Other Brother Darrell (Mule Deer), as it sounds a lot like him. The simple fact is that I don't like .243's, and don't really care much whether other people do or don't. If you, or anyone else, wants to hunt with one, then go for it. But anyone who asks my opinion will continue to hear why I don't like them. Whether they want to believe me or believe someone else's opinion is also of no concern to me.

I am, however, slightly annoyed that people without a clue as to what I did or didn't say seem to feel free to accuse me of something I didn't do, and want to pile "shame" on me. Figure reality out first, fellas...

Dennis

Last edited by muledeer; 10/02/09.

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muledeer
I can pretty safely guarantee you that I never made the comment -- I suspect it was My Other Brother Darrell (Mule Deer), as it sounds a lot like him. The simple fact is that I don't like .243's, and don't really care much whether other people do or don't. If you, or anyone else, wants to hunt with one, then go for it. But anyone who asks my opinion will continue to hear why I don't like them. Whether they want to believe me or believe someone else's opinion is also of no concern to me.

I am, however, slightly annoyed that people without a clue as to what I did or didn't say seem to feel free to accuse me of something I didn't do, and want to pile "shame" on me. Figure reality out first, fellas...

Dennis

Jeeze. OK, my mistake, sorry for the mixup. That's why I asked if it was you. No reason to get the undies bunched over an opinion from either of us.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's why I'm only slightly annoyed...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mistake. I apologise for the mix up.

As for Darrel...

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.