Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lee24
We're talking about cutting walnut stock blanks.

<b>A few of you are talking about me, because you can't talk about woodworking.</b> Why don't you mind your own business and keep your mouth shut in these topics where you know nothing?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

HA. Another assumption. How do you know who knows nothing? How do you know what we do, where we go, and what our hobbies are?

You don't, and even when you're clearly pointed wrong by multiple sources, you don't have the sack to say"Hey, you know, I can see where you're coming from", or "yeah, you're right".

As stated earlier. We don't sit around the internet bragging of our careers and accomplishments because we don't have too. We don't have to justify ourselves, especially to a liar.

NRA Life Member
BP-B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I know that those who can't look at the pictures I provided and understand the different kinds of sawing don't know enough to be posting on this topic at all.

When one of those know-nothings starts questioning me, or anyone else who has direct knowledge of the subject, the first thing we usually do is politely inform them of our experience. That is not bragging. If they persist, then they are being rude and obnoxious, and I really no longer care about their embarrassment and feelings of shame.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Lee ,

I have a serious question for you about your statement that you sold wood to Beretta for their SO series shotguns...

I know quite a few folks that have worked for Beretta both in Italy and MD during the last 25 years.

I was not aware they EVER used any American grown walnut on their high grade sidelock shotguns...

I would LOVE to hear your explanation on this, unless your family farm is in France, the Balkans or Turkey..

Last edited by jim62; 10/06/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That's a reasonable question, jim62.

I not only cut my own timber and sell it, but buy other wood that I do not grow, such as cherry and maple from Washington and claro walnut from California. They need white oak, red oak and yellow pine out there.

Sometimes a gun builder will find a wonderful tree which is more than he needs or can afford, because his money would be tied up in it for years. So he will put out the word to others in the wood business or gun builders, and sell off part of that tree. Don Allen, at Dakota, used to do this.

I also trade wood with all sorts of people. I have sold CNC machinery to yacht builders, so I buy or trade red oak and yellow pine with them for mahogany and teak. I trade with other gun builders for blanks of English and French walnut, and maple. People from Beretta and other companies get around; they see rifles people have built and the wood on them. When they need two pieces of matching wood for two matching shotguns, and they don't have it, they start calling.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And the pile of bullschit from Liar24 gets even deeper..........

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
See my post above about why I call down rude, obnoxious people who don't have anything to add to the topic, Nimrod.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Never mind, I know better.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't you know Beretta developed "just in time" manufacturing only to have the auto industry steal all the glory from the process? Beretta sends buyers around looking for wood for individual guns all the time.

But the truly funny part is "so I buy or trade red oak and yellow pine with them for mahogany and teak". NO BOAT BUILDER of any experience would consider red oak for a boat wood. Period! Ever!

A yacht? Special!

Red oak rots just looking at it and the tannins cause any fasteners to bleed black halos around them...

And the beat goes on!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Since Cole's Guns does a huge business in restocking and upgrading the wood on Beretta shotguns, there does seem to be demand for better wood than Beretta sometimes provides.

Turkish walnut is a bit soft for a double rifle, too. It's difficult to find the figure the customer wants in the butt stock and have the grain flow right through the grip so it doesn't split.

And actually, Beretta called a friend of mine who had a big stash of exhibition wood, and had what they wanted, but he had sold the matching blank to me, so I swapped it back to him, and he sold both blanks to Beretta.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Turkish walnut is a bit soft for a double rifle, too."

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing this absurd has ever been posted here before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The very best walnut anywhere just got called soft!!!!!!!!

There are meds available for your condition Lee... You need help!
art still rolling!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
this thread just keeps on giving! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Truly no wood is as dense as Lee 24.

But I gotta wonder, with his head planted so far up his azz, how does he manage to pull it out and post on these forums?

I swear he must be BO's missing twin brother. Full of delusions of grandeur, but absolutely no substance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now I know why the wood on Beretta's generally sucks. I had to go to the Beretta Gallery in NYC just to find a nicely stocked 682 Gold E.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
He doesn't always drink beer, but when he does it's Dos Equis.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Beretta actually began implementing lean manufacturing, and just-in-time delivery in late 2006.

http://www.americanexecutive.com/in...&task=view&id=6375&Itemid=80

I have been consulting in lean manufacturing since 1981, before it was a buzzword, and designed my first entire just-in-time, zero inventory, fully robotic factory in 1985.

So that's another subject where you armchair Googlers need to not try to peddle your faux knowledge.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, no comment on soft Turkish, rotting red oak and the rest?

Isn't it time for your meds? You do realize that anyone can Google something like Beretta for a buzzword, post it and sit back and watch you make an ass of yourself by going to the EXACT same page and claiming to consult on that very topic, don't you?

It has gone beyond humor and even well beyond pathetic...
art still laughing, but feeling a little guilty

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
anyone ever notice that Lee never has a "fluid" give-and-take about a subject? He averages almost exactly one hour between posts, no matter what time of day it is. (this leaves him, on average, about 5 posts behind the rest of us in the discussion)

I bet he's on dial-up. That, or his google-fu isn't nearly as strong as we give him credit for.....

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Oh, to be a moderator for just one day............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I noticed that as well. When cornered, like recently on the Palma thread he started, he quickly changes the subject. Just as he did when he lied about working for FN and was embarrassed by Matt Williams.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.