Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Lee24
Now... you still haven't answered my question. Tell me about JIT at Winchester.

lee24,

that's an appropriate quote, of which i will paraphrase:

now... you still haven't answered my question. which palma team(s) you been on, and are you gonna 'shoot against' me??????

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i think he was on the coconut palma team because he surely is a nut

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
my favorite line from Pirates of the Caribbean:

"Do you think he plans it all out ahead of time, or just makes it up as he goes along?"

grin

there has to be, like, 2 million posts on here by now. I can't remember one single thread where there failed to show up at least one poster with specific knowledge of the subject matter at hand.

how could one possibly expect to BS through those odds?

yet here we have the walnut farmer come furniture maker come boat yacht builder come Robotics designer come gun designer come wildlife biologist come piano maker come computer programmer come CIA agent come Navy Seal come US Olympic Biathlete come ............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
he's a highlander (imortal) lee 24 McCload to have lived long enought to.........

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just the tip of the iceberg on his long and distinguished resume....

IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
someone really should be keeping a spreadsheet on his degrees (I remember Sean had started one it seems) wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
- I am a consulting engineer who develops, among other things, weapons systems, from hunting rifles to attack helicopters, as well as composite armor to defeat it, from the 9mm handgun to 155mm sabot round.

- I am a mechanical engineer, designing robotics, but also have engineered skyscrapers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, site drainage, etc), ponds, dams, small bridges, as well as medical devices, computers, cell phones, firearms, tools, farm machinery, military aircraft and automobile components, chemical and polymer plants, and a wide array of other retail products and manufacturing process development. I have worked in 32 states, as well as overseas.
- As for my engineering degree, I have several, as well as PhD courses in specific areas related to projects, at Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC, and JPL. Since you are a pilot, I was a consultant on composites and airframes manufacturing of most of commercial and military jets, and few helicopters back in the early to mid 1980s. Current projects include development of the next generation of lightweight personnel, vehicle and aircraft armor. - my 45 years of hunting, competition shooting and firearms engineering.

- The 600,000 rounds I have fired in competition and practice

- I included the 45 years of hunting and 400,000 handgun rounds in there.

- I just renewed my hunting license for the 40th year.

- I grew up on a cattle ranch, and had spent 1,000 nights under the stars before I was 21.

- I grew up in the hardwood business, providing veneer grade walnut and oak to the furniture industry. I have been building furniture and gunstocks as a hobby for 35 years.
- I have a shop full of all sorts of walnut, some of it air drying for over 20 years. Having designed 3, 4 and 5-axis CNC machines for woodworking, I have had the opportunity to see and cut a lot of woods.

- BTY, the National Geographic Channel had a 3-part series on one of my projects just recently. We are still adding to it.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
can you call a 625 acre walnut grove in the midwest a "cattle ranch" ?

"whelp, I expect we gotta bring 'em down outta the mountains before the snow flies. Hon, I'll be gone a month at the most. Ifen I'm not back, send Jed."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in a bizzaro world ........ya sure can

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lee, you really are a piece of work! Been a while since we've had a thread this entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Matt
"I think a documentary with you, Maser, and JO at the same camp could fund my early retirement."

Now that is funny! The possibilities are endless!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Every time one of this same little gang offers BS advice and someone straightens things out with the facts, the rest of the gang runs to tag up and drag him out of the ring, lay down a smokescreen of off-topic personal attacks, and form a circle to give each other a back rub.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
triggerguard vanished after being caught in his bluff about JIT manufacturing at Winchester.

... or maybe it was the fact my knowledge of CNC frightened him. He is a user of CNC, while I am an architect and developer of it CNC. He forgot to mention what program he uses. He must be Googling or talking to someone who actually programs a CNC mill.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The facts Liar, are beyond your grasp.....

You are the only person I have ever known to turn down a free rifle in exchange for merely a picture substaniating the existence of your South Carolina 375.

I made a blanket offer to anyone who could show proof that they owned a Model 70 Super Grade in 375 H&H that had a South Carolina barrel roll stamp, just like the one you claim to own, that they could have my Super Express in 416 for free.

That sound we are all listening to now would be the crickets Liar.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
yet here we have the walnut farmer come furniture maker come boat yacht builder come Robotics designer come gun designer come wildlife biologist come piano maker come computer programmer come CIA agent come Navy Seal come US Olympic Biathlete come ............

How does he find the time to drink the Dos Equis?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
triggerguard vanished after being caught in his bluff about JIT manufacturing at Winchester.

... or maybe it was the fact my knowledge of CNC frightened him. He is a user of CNC, while I am an architect and developer of it CNC. He forgot to mention what program he uses. He must be Googling or talking to someone who actually programs a CNC mill.

Vanished?? Hardly...

If you built CNCs, I'm an astronaut.

In CAM programs I've used Mastercam, Gibbs, Solid Cam, Camworks, and now using Alibre, with cam integrated. I've been using Solidworks since 1997 and now have switched to Alibre exclusively. Prior to all that 3d, I was using generic and visual cadd, as well as by hand on paper.

It's 5:48 a.m......Like I said, you'd best get up early on this subject.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

So were absolutely clear, you're claiming that Winchester never implemented the JIT system correct?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sorry, Lee, but You are digging a HOLE TO CHINA for yourself from which you will never crawl out of..

Mr Williams is a BONAFIDE parts supplier with Fn/Winchester..And USRAC before that. It's common knowledge. It's not even debatable.

You sir, are just some 'net poster WHO CLAIMS to have ties to them.

Provide PROOF .

Be a MAN and put up or shut up!!!

Produce a name of anyone with FN/Browning /Winchester that we can contact verifiy YOU have any REAL ongoing relationship with them.

I know several people in the Browing offices in Utah well enough and THEY could tell me if your contact name was bogus.

Your imaginary South Carolina made .375 H&H sure as hell has not has not been much proof.

Have you noticed that for YEARS that NOBODY on this ENTIRE FORUM believes your BULLSCHIT??????

Last edited by jim62; 10/07/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ahh...don't push him too hard right now. He's busy googling and oogling for something witty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
- I am a consulting engineer who develops, among other things, weapons systems, from hunting rifles to attack helicopters, as well as composite armor to defeat it, from the 9mm handgun to 155mm sabot round.

- I am a mechanical engineer, designing robotics, but also have engineered skyscrapers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, site drainage, etc), ponds, dams, small bridges, as well as medical devices, computers, cell phones, firearms, tools, farm machinery, military aircraft and automobile components, chemical and polymer plants, and a wide array of other retail products and manufacturing process development. I have worked in 32 states, as well as overseas.
- As for my engineering degree, I have several, as well as PhD courses in specific areas related to projects, at Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC, and JPL. Since you are a pilot, I was a consultant on composites and airframes manufacturing of most of commercial and military jets, and few helicopters back in the early to mid 1980s. Current projects include development of the next generation of lightweight personnel, vehicle and aircraft armor. - my 45 years of hunting, competition shooting and firearms engineering.

- The 600,000 rounds I have fired in competition and practice

- I included the 45 years of hunting and 400,000 handgun rounds in there.

- I just renewed my hunting license for the 40th year.

- I grew up on a cattle ranch, and had spent 1,000 nights under the stars before I was 21.

- I grew up in the hardwood business, providing veneer grade walnut and oak to the furniture industry. I have been building furniture and gunstocks as a hobby for 35 years.
- I have a shop full of all sorts of walnut, some of it air drying for over 20 years. Having designed 3, 4 and 5-axis CNC machines for woodworking, I have had the opportunity to see and cut a lot of woods.

- BTY, the National Geographic Channel had a 3-part series on one of my projects just recently. We are still adding to it.

you left out that he knows more bout how a newspaper is run and more bout libel laws than i do....he spent half a thread trying to explain to me how my newspaper ran and what we do bout libel and slander....though slander has minimal to do with a newspaper....apparently ive got access to huge chunk of cash to fight libel cases i wasnt aware off....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 80 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.