Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
I picked this one up this week.This one is pretty hard to open,should it be this tight?This is my first CRK and the quality looks top notch,which one would expect for what they cost.Any of you collect these ?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are definitly top notch quality wise. A small sebenza is around $250-$325 and the large about $50-$75 more. Since your's has a graphic it's worth is toward the top end.

If you are having trouble opening the blade one handed try polishing the washers. The knife is made to take apart and clean. Becareful not to over polish, you just want to remove the oxidation. Also, be sure to polish on a smooth flat surface so the washers stay even. Use a good lube and reassemble.

I like the mine a lot. A marvel of simplicity. If I had to pay full price for it I would never had got it. I like my Benchmade just as well and it's a lot cheaper.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple Sabenza's they simply are great knives. I would suggest that you DON'T take your knife apart to polish the washers a drop or two of EWL or good lubricant and possibly a 1/16th turn or so on the pivot screw will lighten it up as much as you need. It's possible to damage your knife by dissassembling it - I've seen it happen.
Your's looks like a great knife, enjoy it!...............DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know I am in the minority, but I had a really nice graphic design small sebbie, and ended up moving it on. Maybe I just could not get past the price tag. It just did not rock my boat. I bought mine used as new for a very fair price too. That said, they are very tough knives, and are up to about any task.

I think if I came across a plain sebbie for a good price, I would give it another go. Unfortunately, they are not easy to find cheap.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've had one for about 4 years now and use it for EDC. Amazing, I still haven't lost it yet. I'll sure miss it if I do lose it. Holds an edge well and easy to touch up.

It even gets to go hunting occasionally.........

[Linked Image]

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The sebenza comes with an allen wrench to take apart the knife. It's supposed to be taken apart and cleaned. Polishing the washers just removes corrosion that builds up and smoothes up the action. (NO SANDPAPER)

Bladeforums has a tutorial on how to do this in the CRK forum. Which is moderated and monitored by Chris, his wife, and staff. In fact, on CRK website they also give a tutorial on how to diassemble the sebenza to clean which they got off the bladeforum.

Yes you can damage the knife putting it back together. But you really got to try and the only thing I can see being damaged is the washer which is a cheap replace.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got friends who could break rocks with feather. I'm trying to learn to be a little more careful about what I recommend people try! ....................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good point. I've messed up more than my fair share of things that other people said was easy to fix. But I figure if I can do this, anyone can.

If you saw me trying to replace my waterpump this weekend you would put me in the feather/rocck catagory. I hadf to break out the sawsall to get the fan off the waterpump. Anytime you break out the sawsall it's not a good thing. But it got the job done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not so with the sawzall, I'm from the warn winch and sawzall school of body work. Wish I had some pictures of my jeeps or 4 runner here to demonstrate just exactly what I mean, and how hideously it can go wrong. First time I took a sawzall to a frame, and suspension I definately had some second thoughts about it when I got done. But it all came out, WAY better than the folks in toledo had done it in the factory

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a new small sebbie and it was hard to open.. I sold it and bought graphic one.. It is smooth as silk.. I rides in my front pocket everyday..I have tried just about everything for EDC, and now that I have my sebbie the search is over. I carry it in the calfskin pouch and love it.. I have a Spyderco Para military and love that knife.. But it is seeing zero pocket time.. Probably give it to my son so it gets used..
You can pick them up on ebay or Bladeforums and if you buy them right, carry for 10 years and it won't cost you a penny..

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it ain't broke, just let me work on it. I could break an anvil with a rubber hammer.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.