To keep it simple, just pick any of the commercial lubes. SPG is probably the best known. It is also easy to make your own home brewed version.

Application: Keep in mind that the bullet doesn't care how the lube gets in the grooves. You can use a lubrisizer, but it really isn't necessary in most cases. For lubing only, just use a die about .001 larger than bullet diameter.

Pan lubing: This is the method I use. Melt the lube in some sort of double boiler arrangement. Don't apply direct heat. SPG says don't use a microwave either. You can either place the bullets in the melted lube or pour it around the bullets. The attached pic shows the bullets in the lube pan. Using a container like a flat bottomed Tupperware type allows the cake to pop loose fairly easily. After the lube solidifies and cools, press the bullets out of the cake. You can also use a cutter like a cut off cartidge case. I've tried that, but it gets pretty gunked up.

Dip lubing: I haven't done it, but some like it. Means just what it sounds like, dip the bullet in melted lube.

Here's my pan lubing setup. The pink color is from the NAPA Lubegard that is one part of my home brew.

[Linked Image]

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.