Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 6 66 67
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone has a right to their opinion.
Don't let a few rude folks ruin it for you and I hope you stay around and post a bit more often.
smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
innanet

I like that word. Sounds southern. Can I use it?

It's not mine, I stole it from someone on here. I am ashamed frown

Okay, now, yeah, I guess you can, I did grin

~PL~

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Really?
You lost ALL credibility here long ago...
PM the other short bussers here to see how you are doing...

Keep saying it, maybe it'll come true for ya, Bart!

The hilarity of actual short-bussers using the term as an insult is always appreciated! Thanks.

Learn how to be disagreed with, Bartlett. You'll be amazed what opens up for you, literally and figuratively, if you do.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This thread is proof again as to why immortality is overrated.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Jeff, the person I miss the reading the most on this site is Big Stick. That was one funny sob. Oh, and by the way, although my profile don't say it, I first started reading the campfire DAILY in Dec. of 2000 I believe. could be one year earlier, or one year later. three hard drive crashes and 2 internet providers later, I lose track. Tim.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Is retiring as Major after 20+ years being an high achiever?
I call Bravo Sierra Blane and I would have no problem saying that to your face...

One of the captains whom I worked with at the proving ground was a true multi-decorated hero of the Viet Nam war � subject of a chapter or two in one of General "Slam" Marshall's books. He was a quiet guy, but his combat record hollered. He'd been decorated several times for the way that he'd led his men out of a couple of NVA ambushes. He was a true living legend among the other officers and noncoms � veterans all � at the proving ground.

When he came-up for promotion to major, he was older than any of the other candidate captains, so the Army brains said that he was "too old" (at thirty-five! IIRC) to be included in the quota for promotions to major. (The truth is that his combat commission wasn't considered as worthy as the others' Academy training.) The Army then demoted him to Master Sergeant, transferred him, and retired him.

By no means would I put him in the same category with a forcibly retired Navy LT whom I'd worked with, who'd warped the keel of his destroyer by running it at flank speed all the way back to Norfolk to take his wife to dinner. He wore that idolized, magical Academy ring � and the superior attitude that went with it � so he'd retired with the usual hoop-la (but no promotion to LCDR).

I know nothing of friend Blaine's record, but I'd be awful slow to disparage his rank or his retirement.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
This thread is proof again as to why immortality is overrated.

I've gotta admit I chuckled at that one.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
First off all I know I'm going to get flamed but after less than a 100 post in 5 years I have very little to lose.Out of all the gun/hunting forums on the net the 24 hour campfire IMO has the most knowledgeable members also the rudest.I don't know much about hunting and guns and I will be the first to admit it. Many times I have want to say something and thought about it a long time and decided not to because I didn't want to read a 1 or 2 word smart ass answer just to drive up somebody post count.Then there will be somebody who spent a lot of time and money haveing a custom rifle built and post a pictue of ther pride and joy just to get reamed because the twist of the rifling is wrong or scopes to big or small.Some times it gets real personal. It seems 2 or 3 set the tone for this forum.I know real world people don't talk to each other like this.I guess it's like road rage behind a computor screen.I know owning a large auto repair shop that most people will say things to you on the phone that they would never say to your face.just to beat somebody to it I'm not a liberal,I don't spell well,I say stupid stuff although I try not to and I ask stupid question some times.There I beat you to the punch.I realize this will probably be my last post.Flame on.

Don't take it so seriously. A serious, well intentioned question will usually be addressed (sooner or later) by someone who is actually helpful.

And if not, who cares. As someone says, "It's just the fuggin' internet."

I freely admit I have not read much of this thread. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yep by all means stick around PJ or take leave if it suits you.

but if this chit bothers ya, you're definitley gonna wanna head for the hills before the next election season. (grin)

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First off all I know I'm going to get flamed but after less than a 100 post in 5 years I have very little to lose.Out of all the gun/hunting forums on the net the 24 hour campfire IMO has the most knowledgeable members also the rudest.I don't know much about hunting and guns and I will be the first to admit it. Many times I have want to say something and thought about it a long time and decided not to because I didn't want to read a 1 or 2 word smart ass answer just to drive up somebody post count.Then there will be somebody who spent a lot of time and money haveing a custom rifle built and post a pictue of ther pride and joy just to get reamed because the twist of the rifling is wrong or scopes to big or small.Some times it gets real personal. It seems 2 or 3 set the tone for this forum.I know real world people don't talk to each other like this.I guess it's like road rage behind a computor screen.I know owning a large auto repair shop that most people will say things to you on the phone that they would never say to your face.just to beat somebody to it I'm not a liberal,I don't spell well,I say stupid stuff although I try not to and I ask stupid question some times.There I beat you to the punch.I realize this will probably be my last post.Flame on.

Just chill out and stick around. My guess is, you don't surf much. No offense intended. I hope this isn't as arrogant as it sounds but...to those of us who are veterans of several sites, this one is a piece of cake. Good folks. Lots of good advice. GREAT owner/moderator. It's all good...

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Look on the bright side, you could be living in California.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oops, you are, my bad...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...in the hood.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope Big Stick sticks around this time, and I told him so.

It's up to him, not the rest of us, though. I've read some of his posts from years back and they are like a different person. Now, he just acts like the drunk trying to raise as much hell as he can before he gets thrown out of the bar.

Here's hoping he calms down a bit and stays. He's funny, sometimes, and sure seems to know his stuff, when he's not wiggin' out because he's been shown to be wrong. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

Don't take it so seriously. A serious well intentioned question will usually be addresses (sooner or later) by someone who is actually helpful.

And if not, who cares. As someone says, "It's just the fuggin' internet."

I freely admit I have not read much of this thread. smile

Dude, I got to LOL!

"I freely admit I have not read much of this thread."

Can I steal that for my new sig line?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Blaine is an ass �

So am I.

Please bear with us.

(True gentlemen seem to tend to,)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Why not? In a world where JO ....Oh, never mind. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
who'd warped the keel of his destroyer by running it at flank speed all the way back to Norfolk

You can do that, or was it in a pounding sea?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks to all.But my post was not primarily about me.I am a to serious person but my questions have never been that important to be offended by.I'm mild in nature 6'4" and 235 lb's and work on trucks for living every day.I hate bulies and always stick up for the underdog.It bother me greatly to see somebody put there heart and soul into a custom gun and be treated like that.My wife says I should not even be on the net.She's probley right.I just like hunting and hunting rifles.I hope I have not offended anybody.I just think people should be more respectful unless you know them real well. sincerely PJ

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to all.But my post was not primarily about me.I am a to serious person but my questions have never been that important to be offended by.I'm mild in nature 6'4" and 235 lb's and work on trucks for living every day.I hate bulies and always stick up for the underdog.It bother me greatly to see somebody put there heart and soul into a custom gun and be treated like that.My wife says I should not even be on the net.She's probley right.I just like hunting and hunting rifles.I hope I have not offended anybody.I just think people should be more respectful unless you know them real well. sincerely PJ

I hear you, here, get yourself a copy of this book and read it, I did, it went a long way in helping me understand Steelhead.

[Linked Image]

How Not To Be A Complete [bleep]

This amazing new book unravels the secret behind 'the [bleep]', a prominent character trait in society today. Available free on completeasshole.net, the series guides the reader through this fascinating and disturbing psyche in order to better understand and deal with the [bleep] within.

Chapter 1 introduces the reader to the [bleep], revealing tell-tale signs and dispelling popular misconceptions about the motivations of an [bleep].

Chapter 2 looks deeper into the conscience of an [bleep] and reveals exactly how an [bleep] perceives him or her self. Self interest is the single most powerful motivating force for any [bleep], and it is here we find the key to understanding the [bleep] mentality.

Chapter 3 unravels the complex and troubled way in which [bleep] deal with other people. It looks at how the [bleep] establishes relationships with family and neighbors early in life and how this sets the tone for all human relationships thereafter.

In Chapter 4, the author deals with the sensitive issue of romantic relationships. There is no other area in which the [bleep] and non-[bleep] character types have more ability to harm each other than in a heterogenous relationship. [bleep]-to-[bleep] relationships are also addressed to uncover some shocking truths and suggest practical ways to assist in a successful relationship.

Chapter 5 discusses financial considerations from an [bleep] perpective, shedding light on what can be a significant obstacle to understanding any [bleep]. The [bleep] is often acknowledged as being highly successful in financial affairs, but this in not always the case. Nevertheless, in many cases, understanding the [bleep]'s attitude to money is instrumental in finding ways to build stronger personal or professional relationships.

Whilst the book suggests ways to deal with the [bleep] psyche in earlier chapters, it is in Chapter 6 that a step-by-step system is suggested. The approach adopted depends entirely on the circumstances. The reader is invited to tailor the best solution in order to address their needs. By the end of this final chapter, everyone should feel enabled to better deal with [bleep] and overcome the more destructive symptoms of the [bleep] within.

About the author:

Andrew Lovebite is one of the foremost international experts on assholism. He has spent years studying [bleep] and discussing their lives. In this, his first book, he dispenses his expertise and insight in the hope of benefitting those affected by assholism. Andrew is himself an [bleep], and is to this day pursuing a personal mission to overcome the condition. No one better understands the personal torment the [bleep] can suffer.

Page 4 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 6 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,741
Posts18,457,686
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.