Print Thread
Hop To
P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Guys I had a McMillan Hunters Edge made for my Nesika model T hunters action with square tang. The stock recieved from McMillan has a cutout for a round tang. Ryan said this is the way the stocks come for the Hunters Edge utilizing the Nesika action and if they were to put my rifle into a stock that they have for nesika tangs it would sit deep and below the stock in the tang area. And when I would go to cycle the bolt, the cocking piece would hit the stock preventing you from cycling it. My question is those of you that has this application(Hunters Edge etc.) what did you Guys do to the rear tang gap behind tang toward stock ie: when you bedded was it uniformative with the curve of stock, did you leave gap there and just painted over, and if you ordered stock FOR nesika action what did you do to get rear tang area flush with top of stock. Here's a link of how my tang look on the nesika action at Hendershots. I must add in the Hendershot pic showing rear tang is how I want my action to look inside stock. I didn't know I had to fill in the rear with bedding material to get this look..........look as in tang fitment being uniformative around edges without filling in. Thanks in advance.

http://www.hendershots.net/gunRoomDetail.aspx?id=2818

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've got a "T" Nesika in a classic. Mine's a swirly so I never worried about it, but if I was doin' an edge which is paint anyway and was that worried about it, I'd just fill, paint and forget... I imagine it would take about 10 minutes of effort minus dry time and that assumes drinkin' a beer while doin' it.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
On your Classic Swirley was it cut out to fit your square tang or was it a round cut out mtnman1?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Trade it for a Borden action you will end up with a better fire control system and a Tang that will fit your stock,either that or get the devcon out and fill and paint,good luck!

P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Yes we've come to far to do anything else(trading) I'm sure it won't be a problem to fill and paint just inquiring.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
yup mine was cut out for a round tang

Check out my new website

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My understanding when I spoke to Dick @ McMillan was that it's basically a remington pattern with some variances due to the nesika action. I was originally just going to order a remington pattern and Dick said there were enough variances that it was better to order specifically for the Nesika. Other than the round vs. square tang mine was a perfect fit. I think the variances are primarily around the loading port and as was mentioned around the depth. Since the edge is painted anyway, it will be a really minor fix when the tang in bedded.

Check out my new website

P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Ok as per the cut out for round tang. Dick said the same as Ryan I figured it would be a easy fix once bedded just didn't won't to repaint stock rear tang area.Tell ya what I like McMillans SOO much I won't buy another Nesika for now on it'll be a Stiller, Surgeon, Borden, or one of Glen's actions wink . Thanks for the help Guy preciate it!!!!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hell Glen's action is a Nesika anyway. smile

Check out my new website

P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Yeap ur right ZERO on that one to unless McMillan get the sqaure tang programmed for their stocks to fit that action as well.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
122 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.