Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by P_Weed
If your right-handed, Shoot your Glock left-handed ... AND vice-versa.

Or, just hand the Glock to the bad guy and tell him to shoot you.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well in all the Glocks out there in the world today, the unfortunate mishaps are very very few and if you took the number or Glocks sold verses the mishaps reported, it would be lower than most in the industry.

I have seen Ruger single action pistols blow apart the cylinder and bend the back strap from a bad batch of ammo! Not once but twice and it was no fault of the gun.

Glocks get a bad rap from those who don't wish to own one or just believe everything they hear on at the Barber-Shop or on the internet talk forums. RELOADS not done properly can and will cause the pistol to explode!!! Now this is why GLOCK states not to shootr reloads in the first place. I know of NO GLOCK that has ever blown up from using Remington, Winchester or Federal ammo......FACT!

I reload our own ammo but make darn sure everything is loaded properly and re-check those loads going through my progressive press. Now in all these GLOCK pistol "blow-ups" I have never heard of the type of ammo that was used by various police deparments. I know for a fact they all use reloads and by the cheap ammo too, it fits into the departments budget better I guess.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Tonk,
You're right, they do shoot reloads, and I had a Glock Representative tell me that it WOULD NOT void the warranty. Also told me that limited shooting of lead bullets was not bad for their hardware either.

That fella always seemed to be talking out of both sides of his mouth to me.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tonk
Well in all the Glocks out there in the world today, the unfortunate mishaps are very very few and if you took the number or Glocks sold verses the mishaps reported, it would be lower than most in the industry.

Besides denial, your basis for this statement is ...?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RufusG

Besides denial, your basis for this statement is ...?

I'd be willing to wager that there are more 1911's than Glock an a hell of a lot less KaBooms for the 1911

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

I have seen Ruger single action pistols blow apart the cylinder and bend the back strap from a bad batch of ammo! Not once but twice and it was no fault of the gun.

Glocks get a bad rap from those who don't wish to own one or just believe everything they hear on at the Barber-Shop or on the internet talk forums. RELOADS not done properly can and will cause the pistol to explode!!! Now this is why GLOCK states not to shootr reloads in the first place. I know of NO GLOCK that has ever blown up from using Remington, Winchester or Federal ammo......FACT!

I reload our own ammo but make darn sure everything is loaded properly and re-check those loads going through my progressive press. Now in all these GLOCK pistol "blow-ups" I have never heard of the type of ammo that was used by various police deparments. I know for a fact they all use reloads and by the cheap ammo too, it fits into the departments budget better I guess.

But I can promise you this, some Fiocchi ammo will make a Glock go Kabooom. Seen it happen, Glock 22. Don't get over-wrought because someone doesn't like Grocks, they're just another pistol. Uglier, and less ergonomic than others, maybe, but just another pistol.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Don't get over-wrought because someone doesn't like Grocks, they're just another pistol. Uglier, and less ergonomic than others, maybe, but just another pistol.
laugh

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Seems to me that in the past limp wristed had a different connotation.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
I'd be willing to wager that there are more 1911's than Glock...

Gee, I dunno. Glock claims to have made 2.5-million pistols. That would take 1911 production all the way to the year 1918. A few might have been made since then. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by shreck
I note they said this was the first time the pistol had ever been shot. Hmmmmm.
Shooter must have been limp wristing it. wink

Well I was a wondering if the police had an armorer, and if the pistol had been shot, checked out, pissed on for good luck. I dunnow.
Assuming cops were using factory stuff.
Even factory stuff can be bad.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have seen one have catastrophic failure on one occasion. The magazine shot out the bottom and the hand grip split doen the right side and pinched the offciers hand. It was a personally owned pistol and they were shooting ultrmax remanufactured ammo.

The shooter had no serious injury though his hand was sore where the grip expanded and then closed on the skin of his hand and i'm sure it stubg a bit.

It was faulty ammo. I have not seen one fail in similar manner (catastophic) in the nearly 2000 we have issued in the past 10 years.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am suspicious of both Glocks and ammunition from small, obscure, lowest bidder manufacturers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
Hey I've 3-4 Glocks for sale in the classifieds!

I might be interested 1akhunter. Send me a link to your sale. But they better be really cheap----if I've got to take a chance on one blowing up on me.

Last edited by 2Seventy; 12/07/09.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1911's have blown up plenty, glocks are excellent handguns.There are people that have shot their glocks 200,000 + rnds ,try that with a 1911.

1 and done
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by highridge1
1911's have blown up plenty, glocks are excellent handguns.There are people that have shot their glocks 200,000 + rnds ,try that with a 1911.

You know of 1911's firing out of battery and the steel frame blowing up like the plastic Glock frame does? I would be interested in hearing of those incidents.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by highridge1

You know of 1911's firing out of battery and the steel frame blowing up like the plastic Glock frame does? I would be interested in hearing of those incidents.

I'd love to hear of those as well...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've been running Glocks for almost 17 years. I had a first generation 10mm. I have seen the result of one Glock KaBoom; a gun dealer at a local gun show had it on display right next to his dazzling array of 1911s. I'm not afraid to shoot Glocks, in fact, I rather enjoy it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I've been running Glocks for almost 17 years. I had a first generation 10mm. I have seen the result of one Glock KaBoom; a gun dealer at a local gun show had it on display right next to his dazzling array of 1911s. I'm not afraid to shoot Glocks, in fact, I rather enjoy it.

When I was young enjoyed setting off fire works, until one went off in my hand, wasn't as much fun when that happened

Last edited by jwp475; 12/07/09.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah, then you learned not to hold the firecracker when lighting it.

No, John, there's nothing in those "kaBoom" stories that worries me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only reason I have never blown up a Glock is that I won't own one. I only blow up good guns...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
678 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,904 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.