Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 75 1 2 3 4 74 75
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

shrapnel:

I took my boy scouts to a mountain man rendezvous in Cody and they had a blast. Buffalo Bill State Park is close to Cody, there's fishing there but no hunting. Cody is further away from the center of the target area so longer to drive there.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Guys,

Just got back online. Lost my ISP for a bit, must be from the cold temps. I agree something more than a lunch would be the way to go. At first the get together the Washington State guys did came to mind, but that would be a bit too little for the travel.

Shrapnel...Cody would be a good idea as it has a shooting range I think and the other facilities as you mention.

We just need to see who is all interested and pick a meeting spot. I think Jacques has some good areas in mind too. There are some good places around Laramie Peak that might work if we don't go too early in the spring.

leftycarbon spring is along ways off but I think we need to do some planning so people can make this event. It will be a good time!

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Cody is a great place, don't they have prairie dogs there?

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah there is a lot of history nearby, Cheyenne/Deadwood Stage route, Oregon Trail Ruts, Register cliff, 17 miles to Fort Laramie NHS, You'd even have a former Park Service (Ft. Laramie) historical interpreter and archaeological tech. on hand to show you around.

Ol' Bill Cody was down here riding for the Pony Express, and hunting buffs, long before anybody had heard of him or before he ever made it up to where Cody's at now.

But Cody is cool too.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Keep the suggestions coming. We can get a consensus and sort it out, then put the event together.

We will just need to keep this thread at the top of the forum.

Keith

IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

A few sod rats up there, but not sure of the access as I am about 5 hours from Cody.

Keith

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hey Les:

Can you arrange for this post to be sticky please?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll shoot rick a PM about it right now. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
How about Cody? A great museum, location, historic town...

I like the Cody idea, but we would need to count on a whole weekend just to see the museum. Spring is a long ways away, but it will be here before you know it. We need to start making plans now. Count me in.
Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

A few sod rats up there, but not sure of the access as I am about 5 hours from Cody.

Keith

Same here, but it's six hours for me -- not that I have any problem with Cody at all, but you will need someone from closer to there that knows all the good places and right people to talk to to set it up -- if so, I have no problem driving to Cody either. It does get pretty pricey and crowded when tourist season starts up there though, and it is clear across another big State for the Colorado people too.

They have a nice jail that I helped build a few years ago though -- I don't care to visit it however! grin

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
IC B3

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You are right Tim it will be here before you know it! We will get this worked out. It will be a great time.

Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We didn't really get Raton going till the end of December anyhow. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would probably be up for Cody, not to far for me. I have some friends that grew up there, may be able to throw a tent with their family still there.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffP40
I would probably be up for Cody, not to far for me. I have some friends that grew up there, may be able to throw a tent with their family still there.

I am thinking we would be looking for a central camping/lodging facility not unlike Raton.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Count me in. Also I'm offering whatever assistance I can provide to make it work

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Jacques:

How long does it take to drive from Douglas to Cody?

KC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It takes me about six hours nonstop from Torrington, So I would say five or a little less from Douglas. But I'd really figure about seven or eight, just so I could stop to eat and pee and stretch my legs from time to time. It's around 360 miles from here, or 460 miles into Wyoming for you guys coming up the Front Range.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Members interested so far:

elkhunter76
JacquesLaRami
K Salonek
pumpgun
derby dude
Stemshot
KC
Kamerad Les
shrapnel
leftycarbon
duck911
weaselsRus
Glock2240
JeffP40
Tracks
remfak
himmelrr

I miss anyone?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds great!

I participated in an event called "Man vs. Dirt" here in CO just this last summer. It was an absolute blast!!! We had it in the National Forest just outside Tarryall Reservoir. There was about 30-40 people present....guys only. So it was guys, or guys with their sons, up in the hills for a long weekend. Just about everything imaginable was there.....tents, trailers, fifth-wheels, trucks, jeeps, dirt bikes, ATV's, guns, rifles, bows, music, food, and drink. It was a fantastic outdoor event with a bunch of people and plenty to do. It was a blast! Perhaps we could find someplace central with similar characteristics.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I know some may have to drive farther than others but we will do our best to make it as centrally located as possible based on interest.

And anyone is welcome!

Keith

Page 2 of 75 1 2 3 4 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

625 members (1badf350, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,250
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.