24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 75 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 74 75
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, and I should officially be single by then.

So if any of you own lots of land in Wyoming and have a daughter, bring her along too laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we should give serious thought to including the funds for a keg or three with the cabin money?? And everybody brings their own whiskey?

there is a hell of an idea grin i would also like to put a bid in for a bunk for the wife and i......we will haul a air matress along aswell and if someone needs it more than we do we can sleep in the back of the truck....but would prefer a bunk if one is open.....let me know what my cut for a bunk and the beer is and who to send it to grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nobody has claimed any space in the cabin yet. So you are more than welcome. We will try to put a list of sorts together as we go. gotlost will collect the funds as he is the one who paid up front. But he says to hold off for now. He will be making some phone calls this week to nail things down.

Regarding the kegs, IMHO best to bring beer by the can/bottle as it avoids permitting issues (this is true with state parks anyway). That way we can share different varieties/brands? Some simply are not available here.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good plan.....the town Doc opened up a microbrew about a month ago, will see bout getting him to bottle some up as he has just been doing kegs....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Dan...might be able to hop in and help defray gas costs....I'm same as you...nail dates down and itll be easier for me to get vacation days...got my fingers crossed anyway..

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Dan...might be able to hop in and help defray gas costs....I'm same as you...nail dates down and itll be easier for me to get vacation days...got my fingers crossed anyway..

Ingwe

You old fart! (Oops I might resemble that remark eek) You haven't been reading again......grin June 11 - 13.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I am expected to READ..... AGAIN .... shocked

Geez...this is awful demanding....

I just got back from working today, don't pick on me!

I told you my ego was fragile! grin

Marked it on the calendar..

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laffin...

It took me twice too laugh Must be a Montana thing (us being slow) Thats why you Wyoming guys bugger chickens instead of sheep laugh

Ingwe, I'd love to stop and pick you up (unless your ride does better than 22 MPG highway) Mebbe we could even get Travis to meet us in Helena or Butte? I'd call him but he's P-Whipped smile You'd think he's banging a cheerleader or something.

Whats Wyoming's law on "Road Soda" It a 100 dollar tickett like here or do they take open containers more serious?

Last edited by DanAdair; 12/13/09. Reason: Cheerleader part..

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well if you guys are talking bout traveling together.....guess ive got atleast one seat open for the trip maybe 2 but i may haul my brother along....more than likely we will hit Miles City and south through Broadus and such.....ranger1, want to split gas since im on your way south? would prefer to take my truck....

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Laffin...

It took me twice too laugh Must be a Montana thing (us being slow) Thats why you Wyoming guys bugger chickens instead of sheep laugh

Ingwe, I'd love to stop and pick you up (unless your ride does better than 22 MPG highway) Mebbe we could even get Travis to meet us in Helena or Butte? I'd call him but he's P-Whipped smile You'd think he's banging a cheerleader or something.

Whats Wyoming's law on "Road Soda" It a 100 dollar tickett like here or do they take open containers more serious?

Danny...sounds like a tentative plan...

Road Soda..... two Irishmen on a road trip.....you gotta be kiddin...we will have to get Travis...to drive...

Don't know Wyo. laws on road soda but as long as they have mini-marts with large handled go-cups for coffee...were golden wink

Ingwe

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where the hell is Sammers??? That little bastid better plan on going...

We'll need an "Attack Poodle" to patrol the perimeter, and Maygan to keep his ass inline, and cook breakfast laugh (can she mix a Bloody Mary?)

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"road soda" (open container in vehicle) is NOT recommended in Wyoming, Highway Patrol and judges have no sense of humor at all on this issue. You dont have to be driving, the passengers also cannot have open container. Do me a favor and drive sober in Wyoming.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was thinking we'd let the "Holy Wagonmaster" drive and the rest of us drink laugh

Too bad Wyoming is another police state frown

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I fell off the wagon dude...months ago...

And it didn't hurt!! grin

Ingwedog can drive...did I tell you she is wicked-smart?? wink

Ingwe

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Save the beer for the fishing when you get here. As jnyork said the WHP and LEO take a very dim view of it. Even if you are a passenger is it ill-eagle!

Oh and if you get rowdy, drunk and pass out.....

[Linked Image]

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dan it's good to have a fly rod whatever you prefer as well as a spinner set up-- There are some nice places where you can find some open water to cast a fly over, but there are as many, probably more places you can pop a Panther Martin or something around some boulders and brush where it would be difficult with a fly. Lot's of small water and thick cover too. I don't prefer this OR that, I prefer this AND that.

BTW, there's gold in those hills too -- So if you feel lucky, bring a pan.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Where the hell is Sammers??? That little bastid better plan on going...

We'll need an "Attack Poodle" to patrol the perimeter, and Maygan to keep his ass inline, and cook breakfast laugh (can she mix a Bloody Mary?)

Oh no......Sam's bringing that wolf eatin' ankle attacker?.......we be afraid........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Are the creeks and alpine lakes open by June 12? And can a guy shoot jacks and gophers without a hunting license in WY? CP.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats a whole lot better than an ass branding laugh

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CP
Are the creeks and alpine lake open by June 12? And can a guy shoot jacks and gophers without a hunting license in WY? CP.

For the most part yes -- the creeks will be running fast from the melt and most but maybe a few of the highest of alpine lakes will be open -- the higher up there you get the smaller the fish, but those kind taste the best anyway. The upper Platte, down in the valley by Saratoga and Encampment off towards Colorado ought to be Great fishing too and within an hour or so of camp.

Jacks and gophers, you bet!

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Page 14 of 75 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (10gaugemag, 11point, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.