Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not sure these firing pins are worth the price. I know they are very light weight but Titanium burns and if you have a pierced primer you are out one expensive firing pin. Does anyone use these in their AR'S and can you really tell any difference in the dimple caused by the OEM pins when dropping the bolt on a round? Does these light weight eliminate this problem?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
First time you pierce a primer... its toast.

You'd be better off with a Geisselle trigger with quicker lock time and hits harder than to pay for a paperweight....

I"ve chambered the same round probably 30 times at times in my hunting gun,the round that shot the deer last night at home, had been chambered all of last deer season, a big 4 day hog hunt, and all of deer season this season off and on, until last night...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never had a slam fire even tho the primer has a small dimple after dropping the bolt on a round. I have both the Timney and the Chip McCormick trigger and they are outstanding on my AR'S. Titanium doesn't have a good track record for repeated impact and i guess this is the reason Tubbs use a steel tip on his Titanium Speed Lock Firing Pins.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Pros: It costs more money. (You can brag about it.)
It's made out of titanium.

Cons: It costs more money.
It's made out of titanium.

Me, I just have regular firing pins in my rifles and several spares.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Tubb also is selling for profit.... if that makes sense. Some things you just don't need, I'd take a Geiselle trigger first, it'll cut the lock time and help accuracy, which Timney and McCormick can't match...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd take a Geiselle trigger first, it'll cut the lock time and help accuracy, which Timney and McCormick can't match...

Concerning triggers,Shooting matches maybe , hunting i would say you couldn't tell the difference.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hunting I could tell maybe even quicker... its shot once in a blue moon while I've shot some perfect type scores with a defective 7 pound trigger at the nationals before I could get it fixed again.....

I worked on a non adj ruger junker the other day, and its scary, I improved the trigger a lot but it still SUCKED, but the owner was tickled....

Lots of things depend on how anal you are. I could care less if the outside of the gun is covered in rust, as long as the tube was perfect and the trigger no less than great.....

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Well, you're in luck, it's a Blue Moon tonight and for the next few days.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ya know after I typed that.... but I figured nah, no one would catch that bad timing......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Ti pins are great in theory, but there's that tip burning problem that Jeff brought up as well as what seems to be insufficient mass to consistently light off th primers. Back when they were first floated, some Highpower competitors saw their accuracy go in the toilet with Ti firing pins.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,275 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.