Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Celt,<BR>I got a good look at the gizmo that Brownells is marketing for you the other day,and not being a Ruger #1 maven still can't figure out exactly how and why this thing works.<BR>I understand that it Does work,as the guy with the rifle is happier than a pig in deep smelly poo with the gizmo.<BR>Explain it for me and the rest of us #1 handicapped plumbers will ya?<BR>Thanks!<BR>Pat

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
E4E,<BR>Where did you see one of my #1 Accurizers?<BR>Here is the poop on them.<BR>For years there has been a mod. to the #1 to help accuracy by changing the harmonics of the barrel by drilling and tapping the front of the receiver extension (forearm hanger) and placing a screw that when adjusted puts pressure on the barrel...thus changing the harmonics, kinda like forend pressure or even a BOSS. It works.<BR>I just built a better mouse trap if you will. To install my H.D. Ruger #1 Accurizer you just need to inlett the fore arm some and that can be glassed in if one ever wanted to not use the device. There is no mod. to the metal on the rifle. The device puts the pressure a farther forward, which will help more. You need not remove the fore arm to every time to make an adjustment. Adjustments are made with the supplied allen wrench thru the fore arm via a small hole that sits in the reccess for the fore arm screw, virtually out of sight.<BR>I beleive one reason that the adustable pressure works so well on the #1 to change harmonics is that because the reciever extension is virtually a large stiff spring that helps dampen the vibrations more than say a wood or glass stock on a bolt gun.<BR>Harmonics as you know are vibrations. When you can have some control over them, you can get the muzzle to vibrate less, and more consistant in the vibration that is there, thus the muzzle moves less each shot and you have tighter groups....thats idea of how it works. An engineer may tell you something else but This just makes good common sence to me.<BR>For some picts and targets before and after see my website at <A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/Hicksdesigns/" TARGET=_blank>http://members.tripod.com/Hicksdesigns/</A><BR>..................Celt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 42 invisible), 2,863 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,580
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.