Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Thanks very much for the pictures. It puts the knives in good perspective. I'm leaning toward a #1 or 2 semi and have also looked closely at the light skinner.

I guide in the Adirondacks of NY for hunting, fishing, camping, etc., and am pretty avid about hunting whitetails. Given a single knife purchase, do you have a clear preference for all round use between any of the models, especially between the #1 Semi or Light Skinner? I understand tastes are personal, but given the knives you've purchased, our are probably similar. Thanks again for the pictures. They're very helpful.

Frank Shaw

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Frank, if "I" had to choose between the #1Semi and the LiteSkinner it would be the #1Semi.

The #2 Semi is a good one too. My gripe was with the handle shape. It has a finger groove in the handle that didn't fit my hands with how I use a skinner. When I use a skinner I tend to choke up on it. My middle finger rests behind the blade and my index finger usually rests on top of the spine guiding the tip of the knife. I find that the tip of my index finger lands almost at the tip on the shorter bladed skinners and that just works for me.

In this pic the #2Semi is on the bottom with the #1 right above it. You can see the handle differences.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
[Linked Image]

The lite hunter is a great knife.If all you were getting was
one.But you won't buy just one.....

I have a #2 B&T that is awesome for whitetails.

Brad what is that handle on the second from top?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jeff, that is Buffalo Horn. My #1Semi is also Buffalo Horn. The figure just showed up in the slabs that were put on the Slim.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Jeff,

What are the two knives in your photo?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They are the lite hunter dropped combo in micarta.
I have two others in wood for eye candy...
I have 4 more on order,for gifts.
Well maybe one is for me.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The lite skinner and semi are two of my favorites--but his Spey pattern I think is hands down my all around knife. I will admit, folks talk about skinning multiple moose etc. without ever sharpening them, but I cannot. Maybe I just hit too much hair. Regardless, his S30V holds an edge longer than my Doziers.

Here are a few favorites--although several have found new homes to other campfire members.

Will
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Are you CRAZY? You use those things? <GRIN>

Nice photos and great knives.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The above double whammer pair are for when critters are down, the below pair get LOTS of daily use. I hardly ever see anyone with the second knife, but I have 2 of those bastards and get lots of service from them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Steelhead

What model is the knife with the Kydex sheath?

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
[Linked Image] K16m yukon modified pro skinner

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have no idea on models, that particular one is the first neck knife that I know of that Gene did. We discussed and I told him what I was wanting the knife to do and that's what he made.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
[Linked Image] K16m yukon modified pro skinner

Now this is a knife I could see me using if I didn� have my own.
Very good shape

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Thanks I should have paid more attention, this my dozier....whoops

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
OK

i`ll work something out

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steelhead what is this combo called?What is it made up of?

Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm sure these have seen at least 35 deer, half dozen bears and a few other critters.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bradarnett I hate to ask but can you take these same pics with a different back ground?I am having a heck of a time seeing them.I am in the throws of figuring out what combo I want.I am thinking a pocket combo?

Originally Posted by BradArnett
Originally Posted by fshaw
Is this set the pocket combo or light combo, or a set you picked? Beautiful knives

I'm not sure which models Scott has pictured there, but the blades look too long to be the knives from the pocket combo.

I ordered these 2 at different times, but they are the exact 2 knives that are in the pocket combo, a scaled down drop point and a #1 Semi. Both have around 2 5/8"ish blades.

[Linked Image]

The dropped lightcombo come with different knives too. That comes with a LiteSkinner and a LiteHunter. Here's 2 of those, same as above I ordered them at different times.

[Linked Image]

HEre's a pic showing the size difference between the little #1 Semi and that LiteSkinner.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The lite something or other I think, not sure.

D2 steel and elk horn scales.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
elim, I can get you some different pics of those if you'd like. The little drop point is in Oklahoma right now, I shippped it out with my rifle last week. You'll have to wait until I get back from there for new pics of that one, but the others are here.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Hey guys,

I'd like to thank you all for sharing pictures and information on Mr. Ingram's knives. Before about a month ago I didn't know about Ingram knives. I now have a #2 semi on order in white micarta with a 3 inch blade. I spoke with him when placing the order and you couldn't talk to a nicer man. Delivery in Sept. 2012. Quite a statement as to the quality of the knives. I'll keep my eyes open on the internet for an available knife that will compliment the semi.

Thanks again for all the info and pictures of beautiful knives.

Frank Shaw

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,746
Posts18,457,767
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.