-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Last time I hunted in Alaska, I wore a pair of waders to avoid getting soaked. The guide just about insisted on it. While they are great for fishing, for me anyway they were a nightmare to hunt in. Suffice it to saythat after two weeks of hard hunting, my feet looked like raw hamburger.

I've been looking at whether there are some options out there. We all have our favorite hunting boots, and it would be great if there was a wader out there that you couldtake on and off quickly and wear over your favorite boots.

Looked at the Wiggy's over the boot waders - looked like they might work, but the reviews were mixed, with the biggest complaints about leaking and durabiity.

Then I found the NEOS Trekker. http://overshoe.com/recreational/products/detail.php?s=RTK8

Looks like they just might work. Looked at some reviews on mostly Canadian hunting sites and theywere pretty positive. ANyone here have any experience with the NEOS Trekkers?

GB1

C
C
I bought these last fall and have been happy so far. They wear pretty much like a hunting boot and you roll them up as needed.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...dex&indexId=cat601937&hasJS=true

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm on my second pair of the Neos trekker, one word great! I guide in Alaska spend 6 months a year up there.There super light they take beating going threw alders.I wear my Lowa sheep boots and put these on for stream crossing or on days it pouring rain.Hope this helps you out...

K
KLM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Just a different take. I used a pair of Cabela's 3 fork hip boots on an AK sheep hunt. Worked fine for river crossings. Most of the guides in camp used different kinds of basic foot wear from their outer plastic boots (Kovach I think) to Teva's for river crossing. I use my Cabela's locally when I pack them in to a remote beaver pond or for crossing creeks and ditches and I fish in them. For western hunts now I have a pair of lightweight water shoes. If I am just river/creek crossing, I don't mind being really cold in my skivys for a short time.

Last edited by KLM; 01/17/10.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
The Neos River Treker is a great solution ... durable, functional and not too burdensome from a weight standpoint. Weight on these has been averaging 3.3-3.7 lbs (actual weight, not shipping weight) on the 5 or 6 samples I have weighed. For sizing, as an example, I use a size XXL River Treker with my Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 & Hardscrabble Hikers in 13 Wide.

We offer them with free priority shipping in the US.

River Treker Overshoes

[Linked Image]

Mike

High Mountain Outfitters
csHigh-Mountain-Outfitters.com
http://www.High-Mountain-Outfitters.com

www.High-Mountain-Outfitters.com

First Lite, Eberlestock, Kenetrek, Hilleberg, Darn Tough, Badlands, Integral Designs and more.

www.AlpineMoto.net

Snowmobile Gear, MotorFist
IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your input.

High Mountain - I ordered a pair before you posted. Sorry. But I bookmarked your site forthe future - some great kit and deals there!

KLM - I know a lot of guys opt for the skivy and water shoe solution. But, two things for me - I had a mild case of frostbite in my Army days many moons ago, and my feet tend to be very cold sensitive, so I would rather avoid any exposure if I can. Plus, I would rather not drop trou in bear country and have MR. Murphy schedule a little surprise. wink It would be a hell of a story, though....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.