This afternoon i finaly got around to sighting in my new Greem Mtn 50 cal round ball barrel. This barrel is mounted in my T/C hawkin stock. the Hawkin I have owned for nearly thirty years. The old T/C barrel was worn out it grouped like my 12 guage. I started out with 75 grainds by volume of Tripple 7 fired ten rounds of patched round balls down range. Did I mention this is a 50 cal with a 1in 70 twist. Then I set a target at 60 yards and proceeded to place five shots in an inch from a rest. all shots were 2" high and dead on for windage. I had not touched the sights from out of the box. I increased my load by ten grains and the rifle shot exactully the same so i wnt up to 90 then 95 no change in POI. This is an impressive combination. As soon as I get my chronograph back from my friend I intend to do some load compairsons.
In the twenty odd shots I made I did not once have to cleaan the barrel it loaded as smothly on the last shot as it did on the first perhaps a little better. Tripple 7 is a great powder except for the smell and Green Mtn makes a fantastic barrel. I am considering building a 54 cal carbine to carry on my quad using a Green Mtn Barrel my own stock Siler lock and trigger. This one will be a conical gun I wann chase elk and bear.
I havent shot for a couple months good to get back to the range. dear season opens next week.

Bullwnkl

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual