Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Fjold Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
TuffPak for sale, $275 + shipping and includes a Tuff sack. (New list for the case is $355 and the Tuff Sack is $55).

The case has the soda machine (round locks) and is in very good condition. The exterior shows the scuffs etc. from at least two trips to Africa and one to the Artic but there are no stickers, etc. on it. The Tuff sack looks like new. I'll even throw in the Air New Zealand keychain that's shown in the picture.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Fjold; 02/23/09.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
GB1

Fjold Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just listed a TuffPak with Tuff Sack in the Classifieds.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Can't go wrong there, the Tuff Pak is the best gun case in the world IMO..I have had mine for about 25 years and it's been to Africa over 50 times I guess..It is just like new short of being a bit skinned up on the outside surface..You also don't have to open your case for the world to see..Just lift your guns up far enough to check the serial numbers..I engrave the serial number on the trigger guard so I just lift them to the trigger. I also write the serial number on a piece of tape and stick it to the recoil pad..That works about 98% of the time, unless you get the wrong custom guy...I explain to the African official that I did it for his convience..They are a polite people by nature and are appreciative if approached in the right manner.

Last edited by atkinson; 02/24/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People either love 'em or hate 'em. I had no problems with mine, but I've only used it once. I didn't overpack the Tuffpak, and my rifle slid in and out of the softcase easily. I could see where if you really jammed stuff in there, that it could be tougher to get the rifle in and/or out of it...but I had no problem. I used the extra space for shirts, socks, hats, gloves, etc in the Tuffpack, as well as binoculars, batteries, etc.

I cannot speak to problems with the TSA, as some have had. Mine has the old, non-TSA type locking cylinder.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just out of curiousity, if anyone has shipped a Tuffpak, what did it cost? My wife was quoted $70 to ship one. I have one with the stuff sack that I would sell but that seems steep for shipping!

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 47 invisible), 3,298 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,292
Posts18,467,960
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.