Print Thread
Hop To
A
abc Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I had to go to Ennis, Montana for business today and I stop in Shedhorn Sports to LOOK AROUND and quickly found a 28 gauge SxS that was inmported by Kassner Imports and has ZH and N-1 stamped on it. It was built by Zabala Hermanos. Any one know any thing about that make of gun. Well I bought it for $400. The gun is in excellent condition. What did I buy? Was the price right?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The plant is in Eibar, Spain; they have made shotguns for various US sales here, including American Arms, Charles Daly, etc. Those kind of guns are ordered from various manufacturers, mostly in Europe and Turkey, and it can get a little tricky. An importer may sell SxS's made by Zabala Hermanos for three years, then switch to some other manufacturer for the next two years. I have an American Arms 12 ga SxS -- which may or may not have been made by ZH.

In any event, I would say that it's worth a good bit more than $400 if it's in good hunting condition.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love to see a photo. Spanish 28 gauges are lively little guns that are at home in the quail field. I have a Ugartechea 28g that is a joy to shoot.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
abc,

If you bought the gun as an investment, you should have done your homework regarding "value" before buying.

If you bought the gun because you like it, and it proves to be well made and shoot well for you, then you made a very good buy. Good lightweight 28 gauge side-by-sides retail for WAY more than what you paid. If you bought it to shoot, then don't worry about what someone else thinks it is "worth." It's value is the value that YOU place on it.

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
A
abc Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Redhead

I bought the gun because I liked it and have always wanted a SxS 28 gauge. It fits well and I stopped along the Madison River yesterday on the way home and it shot great. I have a poor man's collection of SxS and was lacking a 28 gauge. I think that it will be a very good blue grouse gun this fall.

I am starting to see a number of guns show up at shops that take consignment or purchase outright. There good quality used guns have not been for sale in a number of years. Its the economy. I feel sorry for those that have to sell a valued gun because they need food or rent money; I was there in the mid 1980's.

May be I can post a picture of it in a day or so.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.