24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
AARP, Drives me Nuts!!!!!!!!!!! You could heat my house with all the Junk Mail I receive from them. I will never ever support anyone or anything that has no REMOVE ME from mailing list.Hear me people I do not want your junk mail. Seriously they drive me nuts How do I remove myself from their mailing list? Does anyone else have this problem with them. Everyday I receive something, insurance, membership, you name it. They must be out of their mind to think someone would join an outfit only to be driven crazier. Gee WHIZ ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Don't worry just follow me.
"General George Custer"
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just turned 50 last year and the AARP solicitations started coming. I can just imagine what would happen if you joined. I aint ready to receive an adult diaper in the mail or a 20% discount from a funeral home just yet.

Last edited by rkamp; 02/05/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I'll never have the attitude someone owes me anything because of my age.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I worked for a company that was always looking for ways to save money. When I turned 50, they bought me a 3 year subscription to AARP. Then I could use the discount on my motel bills. I was on the road about 1/3 of the time. That $35 dollars saved them thousands on hotel bills.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Their mail would make real good fire starter for my wood stove if I had one, but as it is now it works real well serving that purpose when I want to lite off the burn barrel.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can tell you how to get off a mailing list, anyones in fact, real quick....Cost them money.

All that mail has some sort of Business Reply Envelope where they pay the postage for its return. Contracts with the post office, they HAVE to pay for any return mail using those prepaid envelopes. And the amount is higher than regular postage.

The max amount the postal service will take is 70 lbs with a combined width, height and gurth of 108 inches..

So simply take one of their business reply envelopes, use some shipping tape and apply it to a cinder block, which are still fairly cheap. That will run them $30.00 or so in return postage.

Do that a couple of times, and they will get the message.

You can write them all the letters you want to get off of a mailing list, and that never works.. this does...

If the keep sending you stuff, switch to using an old bald tire..
a Pickup truck sized one..they get the message fairly quick.

Not only does it work, it gives one a feeling of satisfaction.

Also considering that these places all sell mailing lists back and forth, believe me.. it will get you off of a lot of other people's mailing list real fast..

a bald 31 x 10.50 truck tire costs them about $75 or $80.. and by postal contract, they have to pay for it..whether they like it or not.

I'll guarantee this works real well..

I learned this off of a lady who was a customer of mine about 10 years ago. She was trying to get off of some company's mailing list, and after a zillion letters to them, nothing worked.. her son who worked for the Post Office told her about this.

So she tried it several times.. Not only did she get off that mailing list, but a whole bunch of others..plus she was rewarded with a scathing letter from that company's president.

Which she promptly framed and put on the wall in her office.
gotta love happy endings like that one.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
THE OLD PEOPLE IS RUNNIN' WILD!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shooting50
AARP, Drives me Nuts!!!!!!!!!!! You could heat my house with all the Junk Mail I receive from them. I will never ever support anyone or anything that has no REMOVE ME from mailing list.Hear me people I do not want your junk mail. Seriously they drive me nuts How do I remove myself from their mailing list? Does anyone else have this problem with them. Everyday I receive something, insurance, membership, you name it. They must be out of their mind to think someone would join an outfit only to be driven crazier. Gee WHIZ ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE getting AARP mail.. I just take the prepaid envelop, fill it (and I mean FILL it) with pro-Second Amendment stuff and mail it back..

One small step for mankind.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The NRA is just as bad with all the stiff they send out.... kind of make me wish I was not a life member.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since I've aged and grayed, clerks are always asking if I want the golden age discounts. I've never understood that, as I've earned and still have a sh-tload more money than the youngsters around. They're the ones that need the discounts.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Way back in the dim dark past I received several invitations from AARP to join up. I finally sent them a polite note telling them that I didn't think they had much to offer someone who had just reached the ripe old age of 23.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When I rec'd my first AARP letter, I was at first insulted that they would think I was that old.

Then I was depressed because it occurred to me that it was regarding retirement and I had way too far to go before that would ever happen.

I haven't joined, though my wife was going to sign me up so she could get discounts and stuff.

Steve

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by shooting50
How do I remove myself from their mailing list?

I sent them a crappy Depends with a cease and desist notification on it.
Worked for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just fill the return postage envelope full of junk mail and return it to them I've been doing it for some time now.

NRA Lifetime Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sako
The NRA is just as bad with all the stiff they send out.... kind of make me wish I was not a life member.

The RNC is in the running..

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
AARP mail doesn't bother me. I do get a lot of it and simply toss it in the trash can. Done. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Last edited by TNrifleman; 02/05/10.

μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I don't get anymore mail from AARP than I get from others.I don't like much of what they do, but I am a member out of necessity. A lot of us on fixed income never got to the point of having too much money. If you work for wages sll your life,you seldom do. All the senior discounts help with the inflation creep very year that those on fixed income get bit by.

I sure didn't want to do it, but my Medicare Supplement Health Insurance coupled with my wifes premium was going to go up $240/month this year or $1040/mo. total. I joined the AARP Secure Horizon for $40 /month and get a YMCA membership out of it that I use, which would cost me that much alone.Right now I'm about break even with what I paid per month in 2009

A hear a lot of guys say they won't do this or they won't do that because it is against thier principals. However ,in the long run,you find out that usually thier prncipals are only as deep as thier pockets that they keep thier wallets in.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
A hear a lot of guys say they won't do this or they won't do that because it is against thier principals. However ,in the long run,you find out that usually thier prncipals are only as deep as thier pockets that they keep thier wallets in.

Which is why we have our fine deficit, and we get the crooks in office that we have.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HawkI

Which is why we have our fine deficit, and we get the crooks in office that we have.

I think some members of congress go in with good intentions, but the system favors lobbyist, corporations and thieves. It's like a guy going to get a haircut, he sits down and 5 barbers are waiting for him. 2 hold him down, 1 grabs his balls and twists, the other rifles his pockets, and the last one holds a straight razor to his throat. Day in and day out they get wore down and go with the flow. AARP may have been established with good intentions, I don't know much about them, but will have to read up.

Last edited by rkamp; 02/05/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I tried letters with no result so finally I did the brick return. I haven't received anything in over 5 years. I'm a life member & instructor of NRA & never receive any unrequested mailings.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
386 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.