Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Does anyone know if the Bucheimer Comany (holster) is still in business? I haven't been able to find them in "Shooters Bible" or on the Internet.

Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hi Norm, they went the way of the DO-DO bird in the mid 70's sir. Sorry.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
T LEE,

Just what I figured.

I bought Bucheimer Combat 13A-52 at a gun show over the weekend because it's a perfect fit for my 2.5" M66. The retaining strap which snaps at both ends is missing. Guess I'll have to go elsewhere to get one.

Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad.

And ahh, the memories! The original Bucheimer company used to occupy a corner on York Road at the north end of Towson, Maryland (on the corner of York and Joppa Roads, IIRC). When I first knew the outfit, it was making and selling very-high-quality leather goods to the Maryland horse crowd. No holsters at first. Those came later.

I stopped-in there many times between 1950 and 1953 on my way from the Naval Photographic Center in Anacostia to spend weekends with my folks in Cockeysville, just a few miles farther up York Road. In a basement in the same block, Set Fitchett's "Sets's Sport Shop" was an even more frequent stop where I bought and traded (mostly bought) a passel of old guns and related goodies (including black powder, percussion caps, etc). The kid who worked for Set, Belden Burns, grew-up to be a manufacturers' rep (and Cockeysville resident, IIRC) whom I used to run into at SHOT Shows. Haven't seen Bel for a good many years now.

I've just now realized that I haven't seen a Bucheimer belt or holster for many years. Didn't miss 'em until now that I hear that the outfit is no more. Hope that Bel's still up and about.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Norm, they use standard snaps, go see you favorite shoe repair shop.

Ken, don't ya wish SOME things could remain the same? I sure do.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Ken - Thanks for your comments. It now appears that I have a collectable as well as a fine belt holster. I have one other Bucheimer holster - a field holster for a 6" bbl K-Frame which I've had for more than 30 years.

This one will take a little saddle soap, a little bleach, some die and refinishing but structurally it is sound. And I do want to replace that missing strap.

Interesting insight. Thanks again.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
T LEE,

There's a good leather man close here in central Indiana. I think I'll look him up to make the strap and maybe refinish the holster for me.

It works great for the M66. Holds tight, sits right and the gun comes out smoothly.

Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you were close enough to drop-by 407 Spring Street, Stevensville, with that gun and holster, I'd make that strap for you or direct you while you'd make it yourself. I have all the materials and tools that we'd need for the job, and it's too easy to worry about for long.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Ken,

Nice offer. Loading up the Jeep and heading west might be a good idea. I think your state is one that honors my Indiana or Florida carry permits.

My wife would question my sanity driving 3000 miles for a holster strap but it seems reasonable to me.

Guess I'll have to pass but I appreciate the offer.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
G
G
I am a new member and was reading about the bucheimer holster. I have quite a few. I will check and see if I have the model you have If I do I will send you the strap and snap.
Greeneman
Former United States Marine Vietnam 66-67
Law Enforcement 30 years
Now Hunter and Fisherman
Rider of Harleys

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a full-flap holster by Bucheimer that is military-style, made of leather and canvas--looks like a Browning High Power holster, just smaller. Don't know what it was made for but it fits my S&W 651 .22 Mag perfectly, also my Speed Six. Wish I could find a bigger one for my Rugers.

S
S
I found this old topic and needed some help.
I picked up this older Bucheimer Patrolman holster and belt and want to try and identify what model gun it fits. The numbers are
B7A-16 stamped on the holster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a bunch of Bucheimer's listed on GunBroker. You might browse the ads and find a match.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sodeo
I found this old topic and needed some help.
I picked up this older Bucheimer Patrolman holster and belt and want to try and identify what model gun it fits. The numbers are
B7A-16 stamped on the holster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As far as I remember the B indicates "black", the 7A the model of the handgun, and 16 the style of the stamping (F for floral, etc.). If there is no code letter then I believe the holster was plain. Bucheimer fitted each of their holsters to a specific gun, and assigned each manufacture an alpha/numeric inventory number. I seem to recall that "7" was the S&W inventory number, with "A" indicating the model. Based on that assumption I'd hazard a guess that your holster is for a K or N frame Smith and Wesson revolver.

Hope that helps.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
S
S
Just found some great info on Bucheimer holsters.
I hope posting the link here is not a problem for others.
http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/270497-bucheimer-clark-holster-fit-chart-1975-1956-a.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for digging this out and posting it. Three years ago I got a 1980's Smith M36 at a good price.
As we talked $$$ the seller said he would include a holster. It's a Bucheimer holster, after checking
thru GB today, it would be worth $50 (+or-) cool

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I bought 2 Bucheimers in '68 for a Ruger BlackHawk. Here's one of them that I modified for a 44 Special FlatTop. Still a good holster that I use a lot.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by LarryfromBend; 10/11/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never looked thru GB for holsters before now. Turns out old but very high quality leather holsters are
worth big $$$. shocked Can someone list the best of the old holster companies ?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I found one for a 45 at a garage sale for 5 bucks. Good shape.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.