Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for the info, and the chuckles. I've never been a CA Fan or detractor for that matter, They never tripped my trigger, but I was introducing the website to my Brother who was considering one and had a question regarding the differences between the two packages.

Seriously, Ringman. Friend's don't let friend's shoot Tasco's!

Last edited by TheShootist; 12/28/09. Reason: brain fart

In the land of the blind, the one eye is king.
GB1

H
H
I own two Christensen Arms rifles and wouldn't use any other rifle. My buddies also hunt with Christensen's Carbon barreled guns and none have had issues over the past four years that they've owned them. What's overrated about them? The fact that they're lighter, more durable, and have better accuracy then any gun I've owned over the past 35 years of hunting? Are they overrated because I've packed them on several sheep hunts through all kinds of weather conditions and plugged each of my rams first shot, cold bore with neither being less than 500 yards?
Or maybe they're overrated because after winning a long range shooting competition with my Christensen recently I had more competitors after the contest asking to shoot it because they were flabbergasted at the accuracy after taking shot after shot after shot...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the Fire!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by heavyhorned
I own two Christensen Arms rifles and wouldn't use any other rifle. My buddies also hunt with Christensen's Carbon barreled guns and none have had issues over the past four years that they've owned them. What's overrated about them? The fact that they're lighter, more durable, and have better accuracy then any gun I've owned over the past 35 years of hunting? Are they overrated because I've packed them on several sheep hunts through all kinds of weather conditions and plugged each of my rams first shot, cold bore with neither being less than 500 yards?
Or maybe they're overrated because after winning a long range shooting competition with my Christensen recently I had more competitors after the contest asking to shoot it because they were flabbergasted at the accuracy after taking shot after shot after shot...

Much different experience than I had with mine (300RUM)! Granted, it's a sample of one, but you wouldn't have been winning any "long range shooting competition" with the one I HAD. If I desire lighter, I've resolved I'll just order a smaller contour.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mine, in 300RUM, was a great shooter with the PERFECT load. it would shoot said PERFECT load into .625 often. were I to shoot anything other then that load it was a solid 2moa gun. durabuility?....like if I use it for a high lift jack handle it will spring back? I will take a gun that weighs a mere few ounces more and put about anything I feed it into groups twice as tight as my CA.

sold my CA.....and my boss winnie.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Get a McWhorter. They have quite a few tackdrivers already built and ready for new homes. No Wait!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
HH,

Welcome to the fire..

What kind of competition were you in and where?

LC

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

720 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 74 invisible), 3,219 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.