Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone know or have added target turrets to a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40? I'd like to have this done if possible. If you had it done, how much and how long did it take?

Thanks

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dear ,

We can install target knobs to your 3-9x40 Conquest scope both elevation and windage, the cost is $50.00 per knob and $15.00 for shipping.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the repair/service of your
Zeiss product.

In the US, please send it to our repair department at:

Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, Inc.
Attn: Service Center
13005 North Kingston Avenue
Chester, VA 23836-8333

Canadian residents, please send to our distributor:

Gentec
90 Royal Crest Court
Markham, Ontario
CANADA L3R 9X6
ph: 905-513-7733

Please enclose a letter stating any problems or services you would like to
have our technician perform and include your name, complete return shipping
address, and a daytime phone number. We highly recommend using an insured
carrier to ship the product to us.

I hope this information is of help to you. Please do not hesitate to
contact us if you have any questions or require additional information.

Best regards,

Karen Bookout
Customer Service/Repair Administrator
Carl Zeiss Optical Inc.
13005 N. Kingston Avenue
Chester, VA 23836 USA

Phone: +1 800-441-3005 ext 8461
Fax: +1 804-530-8333
mailto:kbookoutzeiss.com
http://www.zeiss.com/sports

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had a turret intalled on one of those model scopes, it worked great. I sold the scope to a guy on this forum. I used the scope to make a 666 yard shot on a coyote. I wanted a CDS turret with zero stop. the problem with the zeiss is its difficult to confirm you don't have an xtra turn in the turret, with the leupold what ever the scope dial says its on its what its on, you are limited to 15 moa, however that is fine with me. the zero stop is the best invention for a hunting scope I have seen yet. the zeiss has really really good optics and tons of eyerelief.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Zeiss turret has 18MOA, which will get you to nearly 1000 yards with most modern cartridges.

Boman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks everyone, especially the Zeiss rep. Much appreciated

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I should have noted this was an email I got from Karen Booker.

By the way I have not had great service with her. You may want to ask for someone else. I'd say her service is lousy.

I'm no Ziess rep. should have made that clearer.

David

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

Boman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No problem, Thanks for passing the info along and for the heads up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't write off the stock turret, the little one under the cap. I just got a 3-9 Conquest with the idea that I'd do like Jordan and put a "hunting" turret on it. However, the little stock turret is a very slick design, superior to the stock Leupold design. It has a resettable floating zero, so you can zero it out visually and have it all lined up visually... aargh, hard to explain, but I'm going to give it a run as-is before I send it off, if indeed I do.

By the way I just spoke with someone at Zeiss and they said $50+$15 as in the email, and 5-8 business days.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You'll eventually give in to the dark side. grin

The only problem with the factory knobs is that the clicks aren't numbered at all, so you have to count clicks or lines, which gets tedious.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew you'd be up, fellow night owl! smile

Agreed, and that'd suck on a varmint or target rifle... maybe not on a hunting rifle though.

Did you notice the center line is marked (6moa out of the 12 that have lines)? Thinking on my '06 and .338, 12 MOA gits 'er done anyway...

I like how I can visually zero it such that all my "up" is in the rotational direction of the lines. Makes it super-easy to know which way to turn it- which can get confusing if you run both Loop and Zeiss turrets as they are backwards from each other.

Anyway, we'll see; I'm not signing off on them yet. But I am going to give then a try as-is. If nothing else they are VERY low profile, which the upgraded Zeiss turret is not.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I actually thought that the upgraded turret is extremely low profile compared to other target-style turrets.

I did notice that the center line is marked, but what happens if you need to dial in 9.75MOA to take a poke at ____? You're going to sit there counting 39 clicks. With the target turret you would just run it to 1 click shy of the 10MOA marker. It's a free world, I'm just trying to get you to fully give in and join me wink grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jordan, could you post a pic of the Hunter turret, I was under the impression that referred to the stock one.

Thanks

Ryan

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I actually thought that the upgraded turret is extremely low profile compared to other target-style turrets.

I did notice that the center line is marked, but what happens if you need to dial in 9.75MOA to take a poke at ____? You're going to sit there counting 39 clicks. With the target turret you would just run it to 1 click shy of the 10MOA marker. It's a free world, I'm just trying to get you to fully give in and join me wink grin

I'd just dial 3 lines past the center, 6 moa, line, plus 3 clicks.

I've actually been runnin' the 1.8-5.5 on my .358 in just this manner. It does work. But again, I'm just throwing it out as a possible "solution" for the occasional turret spinner.

I'll be shooting my '06 with this method today. Will report back.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Jordan, could you post a pic of the Hunter turret, I was under the impression that referred to the stock one.

Thanks

Ryan

I'm not sure which turret they are referring to by "hunter turret", since this is the turret I got when I sent my factory Conquest in and requested "target turrets"...

Not the greatest photo, but you get the idea:
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is exactly what I needed, a friend of mine just got his 4.5-14 with "Target Turrets" so I will compare. Thanks

Ryan

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe the hunter turrets are just the factory unmarked knobs...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shot my '06 with the new 3-9 Conquest and the stock ("hunter"?) turret today.

First of all, I was struck, again, by how easy it is to zero a Conquest. None of that chasing chit around that I've done so much with mumble mumble Leupolds mumble. smile

I bore-sighted, was on paper with my first shot, and was zeroed 4 shots later.

I then went to my long-range spot. I created a drop chart using Ballistic on my iPhone, then dialed in for my 325-yd plate. Hit. Dialed for 375, hit. 460, hit. 525, hit.

(Remember, I've fired 9 shots, total, at this point, with a newly mounted scope!)

Next shot was at 610, miss. I wasn't compensating for wind, since I was getting hits, and finally at 610 I needed to be holding off. I later doped the wind at 1.25 moa.

The stock turret was completely easy to use to do this. I have one of the turrets like on Jordans scope, on a 6.5-20 Conquest, and they are real nice. But I'll probably just stick with the stock turret on this rifle. It works!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That's great, Jeff. I'm glad you like it! I'll be interested to hear whether you still like it as much when the heat is on and you're sitting there counting clicks while trying to shoot a deer or elk wink grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a decent chance the turrets will be upgraded by hunting season. I'll be shooting/testing a bunch between then and now. My only real concern with the lil stock unit is in low light where I can't see the lines, because then I'd indeed be counting clickss, and that's not how I roll. smile

Then again, I can't see taking a shot that requires a bunch of clicks in low light so.....

At any rate the upgraded turret is inexpensive enough that it will just be decided by form and function. I do like the low-profile form factor of the stock units. Function is still TBD.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FYI- spoke with Neil at Cameraland today. The "Hunter" turret is indeed the stock unit, under the cap. The "Target" turret is what Jordan shows in that photo. Target turrets are $50 + $15 shipping, 5-8 business days.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (358WCF, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 23 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.