24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks man. How you do like bolt feel? Does the bolt drag at all? Not worried about the trigger, those can be tuned up.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bolt seems pretty good though I'm far from an authority as I hunt with firearms that are my age(or older). The carbon fiber is interesting. I had to pull out a magnet to see that the receiver really is titanium. The gun is made in Japan by Miroku which some people may not like. I was going to hold out for Kimber 84L but I've heard so little about it besides the forum gossip and a lot of that gossip is that Kimber's aren't always great. For $1100 I couldn't pass up on the Ti. Plus being and engineer makes me susceptible to words like Titanium and carbon fiber.

Do you know how permits are issued on the Bosque del Oso in unit 85 for cow elk hunts?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exotic materials score big points with me too.
Regarding the Bosque cow tags, they are issued by drawing like any other tag. If you meant how many, there's 25 in each of the late seasons, no points required, and a handful of tags make it to 2nd and 3rd choices.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My overall impression of the rifle is that it's high tech, light weight, and average usability. I'll soon find out how it shoots. You have to switch the safety off to get the bolt open which is how my 40 year old 700BDL works. I've noticed the 325WSM is less popular than the 300/270 so I bet that if you're patient you can probably get a better price than I did.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to plan my out of state hunting trip.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Sounds like it is a pretty good rifle. I guess I'll have to pick one up.

It's more than just the trigger pull.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a cheap b**tard and suffer from chronic buyers remorse but I'm sure get lots of enjoyment out of it. You probably will too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It looks like Browning redesigned these guns so that's probably why they are showing up so cheap. The main difference I see is the WSM rifles will have alumnium bedding blocks.

http://www.browning.com/products/ca...alue=001B&cat_id=035&type_id=195

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heavier too now, but not by much

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Looked at one in 308, but had a hard time getting past the camo stock. Anyone make an aftermarket quality stock for the TI ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I imagine any A-Bolt stock would work. I believe that one was made by B&C, but you should be able to get a McMillan, HS, Manners and various others to do one up for you. You could also repaint the stock of a lot less than buying a new one.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Timney makes a spring kit for the browning's which makes a big difference. I whined at first about $20 for a ball point pen spring but when it does that nice a job it's worth it.

Fred

Fourth Generation Border Rat
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hey Mark - when you say "they feed better" do you mean just in the 270WSM or all calibers in general?

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I know this is an old thread but I like reviving some old ones on interesting rifles. When I saw the mountain ti on a wall rack of 100 rifles, it stood out out among all of the others. I asked what caliber is that? When he said 325wsm in a titanium action, it put me in the mood to own one. After I held it I said: “give me the NICS sheet, that silver Leupold VX3, order me rings and bases to match, give me that camo sling, those 1” flip up lens covers, and those four boxes of 325 wsm ammo over there (simultaneously pointing in a few different directions). And start packing it up. It’ll make a great backup rifle for my 325wsm Kimber Super America in 325wsm.” It shoots great and folks are always asking me what rifle and caliber is that when I got it out. It’s a light weight thumper. I mostly own wood stocks. I chose this as one of two camo patterns that I own because it looked so good.

Last edited by Vinootz; 08/23/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This is an old thread!

I still have my rifle and have killed ~15 big game animals with it. The only problem I've had is the Duratouch finish turned into a sticky mess. Browning offered to fix it but I had to send in my rifle. I decided to do it myself by using nail polish remover with steel wool to get it off. Then I just clear coated it. I miss the finish but not enough to risk having to take it off again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Friend has TI’s in 270 & 300WSM and they are shooting machines! Very nice rifles.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Browning took care of my duratouch stock within four weeks.
That’s the quickest service I’ve ever gotten from a firearm manufacturer. I’m glad too because my stock’s condition degraded to an extremely sticky state. It was like glue. I needed a chemical to clean it off my hands.lol. Browning did a great job providing quick convenient service at no cost to me.
Well done Browning- thank you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 2 of the Browning Ti rifles, one in 243 and one in 300 WSM. They both had stock issues and Browning quickly took care of both of them. They want the complete rifle back so that they can bed the action to it.

I also bought a camo finished Cynergy shotgun that was slightly used. Fired it twice and stuck it in the safe. A few years later I took it out and noticed that the stock was tacky. Off to Browning it went. They wanted the whole shotgun because it is fully camoed and they wanted to make sure the furniture matched the action and barrel.

I received a call from Browning a couple weeks later. They stated that they were not satisfied with the match on the camo pattern and wanted to know if it was ok if they sent me a brand new shotgun.....

My mama raised a fool but it was my brother and I now have a new Cynergy in the camo pattern of my choice.

Kudos to Browning!

BTY, the 243 is in new condition, has had 11 rounds fired through it, and has never been hunted. I would consider selling or trading it. I only use the 300 WSM.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ti 243 still up for sale??

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,824 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.