Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
I dunno about everybody else, but when I pack something CCW; it's a big auto. My first choice is the 1911 style .45. I find that the IWB style, over my hip, on my strong side with butt to the front, and canted; is the way to go. It sits in the hollow between my ribs, and hip. It is very flat, a sport shirt covers it just fine. It is very secure. It can be drawn with either hand. The only real disadvantage is that it will get wet in the summertime. It even makes the big 1911 guns seem much lighter. I'm really surprised that style of carry isn't more popular. It is very easy to live with. Comments ?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like the weak side version of your carry style. This means it is a cross draw, but I prefer that to sweeping the muzzle across my body while drawing with a butt forward strong side carry. <P>In the summer you might wear a T-shirt under the sport shirt and tucked into your briefs. This will keep the pistol semi-clean and your skin and hair will stay put as you draw. <P>I agree this is a comfortable secure way to carry. It is also more concealable than trying to hide a holster in there somewhere as well. <P>------------------<BR>Rick

Rick

E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
I agree that crossing the body with the muzzle is unsafe. I don't. I come straight up, cant the muzzle out, and around. I release the safety when coming on target, etc. This is not very fast. If I think I'll need speed, it goes in butt to rear. It tends to move around, and print; that way however. I use the t-shirt idea too. What I don't understand, is why this method of carry is not more popular. I suspect that more people would use it, if they realized how well it hides a big auto. I'm dead set against small guns in the self defense role. They are much more difficult to use effectively when the whistle blows. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I didn't think of this method of carry on my own. RJM who still posts at Shooters once in a while gave me the idea. Sounded scary at first. I finally tried it and like it much better then any holster system I've tried yet. Anyone want to buy a Pager Pal? [Linked Image] <P>------------------<BR>Rick

Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (16penny, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,827
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.