24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Swamp rat just started taking pre-orders for knives. They have three models up for sale with different blade colors and choices in scales. Swamp Warden, Howling Rat Little Mischief and Ratmandu.

I picked up a HLRM and an RMD. I wanted the HRLM for my hunting knife. Everyone tells me the RMD is the one knife they would own if they could only own one. So I ordered one of those. Never touched one before so I am taking a leap of faith on that one.

So if you ever thought about getting one now is the time. They don't manufacture them very often.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have never had any luck trying to deal with those arrogant folks.

Sam......

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
They have been pretty easy to deal with for me. But ordering knives is definately a differnt thing. Its almost mom and pop over the internet.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Link?

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have never had any luck trying to deal with those arrogant folks.

I bought a couple knives from them. Then when I ordered another it didn't come for about six months. When I tried to call and inquire about my order they said if I bothered them again they would automatically cancel my order, they were too busy making Busse knives during the day to deal with any of the Swamp Rat business.

I never got the knife, I sold my Busse and I haven't dealt with them since.............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the entire family is dysfunctional.

Sam......

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Link?

Here you go. Its a link to how to pre-order

Swamp rat pre order

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rather just have wildswalker build something similar, though tweaked as per my liking, and not deal with any bullschit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wildswalker, MichiganRoadKill, Ray Laconico, Stomper, DP knives, Landi Knives, Miles Patton, Tobin Smith..........there are a number of very good bladesmiths that can make a knife as good or better than Busse, Swamp Rat or Randall Adventure.

Sam......

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I wouldn't mind getting a knife or two from a couple of the makers you mentioned. But these aren't offered on a very regular basis at all. And never at these prices on the secondary market.

To bad you had a bad experience Mannlincher. They are really good knives for the price. Especially with an unconditional guarantee.

But they do take for ever and a day to deliver.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just traded for a Busse Active duty.. I have never dealt with those folks.. They seem to have a cult like following..

Laconico knives are very nice.. and can be found almost weekly on the secondary market on blade forums..

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have a Ratmandu, bought it a few years ago from an individual, great knife!

[Linked Image]

I also have an older Busse, Straight Handle Badger Attack (SHBA) also not bought from Busse. I did recently ship it back to the Busse Custom Shop and it was a great experience, fair pricing and great work! They removed the black finish, gave it a satin finish, new scales and solid bolt fasteners. Could not be happier.

[Linked Image]

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have to say this order was way quicker than expected. I got my Ratmandu and a Howling Rat LM in yesterday. They are scary sharp and have some heft.

I have a feeling the HRLM will be my new favorite.

They sent me my order with my choice of handle and blade color about 4 weeks faster than they promised me. I'm a happy camper.

[Linked Image]

And sharp

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Congrats!
Looks like a different blade finish on the Ratmandu?

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yep thats the new moss finish. Its actually a bit darker. The flash washed out the color on it a little. Its is heavily dimpled (overspray) The pits are almost black and the outer is green. It will look a bit better when the handle darkens up a bit from use. I took another photo which shows it a little closer to true color.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Interesting, did they change any thing else from the originals like mine?
I bet the RMD becomes a favorite, they handle and work so well.

-- Ronald Reagan
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I think its all the same as prior releases. I am leaning towards the HRLM being my favorite though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
378 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.