Print Thread
Hop To
'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
I've seen the topics on the lost art of bowhunting....and heard the comments on not having time enough for bowhunting, and the money and this and that......<P>......but what about the great bugling bowhunting for bulls can get you in!<BR>You can't get that from a rifle hunt unless your in a special draw unit somewhere. Bowhunting also allows you to get after your quarry generally a month earlier than rifle......with these two advantages alone......how can we not bowhunt!!!!????<BR>DS

'Slayer
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bowhunting is such a blast! when i first started, it was very frustrating, and seemed to be a waste. after my 2nd year of plugging away at it, i gave serious thought to selling all my hunting rifles. i became a better hunter because of bowhunting. i learned so much more about deer because of bowhunting them. it is a close and personal way of hunting, for sure.<P>first time a deer walked by me close enough to touch, my heart was thumping so hard i could swear she'd hear it! the adrenaline rush was like none other i've ever felt! after she left, i stood up (i was hunting from the ground), and my legs were shaking, and i felt pretty weak. what a rush! can't wait for sep. to get here!<P>------------------<BR>Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stringpullers, bull elk are enough to keep me in bow tackle despite the fun I have with whitetails. Hunting rutting bulls is on my agenda, big time. Talk about a sphincter check!!<P>Talus

'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
I can tell you guys from personal experience.....toting a bow in Sept in Wyoming is heaven on earth! I was looking across a meadow at first light with another hunter, and 5 big dagger-pointed bulls with a bunch of smaller satelites, and girlfriends to round out the group of approx. 100 elk.........our pants were warm from crapping on ourselves for sure! Even though they were well out of bow range, just the chance to be amongst them at a time when they were so active and unpressured was all the reason we ever needed to be chasing them with a stick! [Linked Image] Even though we went home empty.....the shot opportunities were there......but it a whole different ball game for sure.....<BR>DS

'Slayer

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.