-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I prefer Talley Ltwt. Never had a problem with them.

Everything Burris I buy seems to be crap. From the Fullfield II scope that wouldn't track (honest) to the Ruger-style rings that I broke a screw to the Rem 700 bases that didn't seem to be right as far as the rings being straight.

Only Burris rings I had that seemed right are an old pair of Zee rings that I have.

The Signature rings are a very good idea, but when I tighten them, the caps don't seem to be straight (the top ring half seems to have more gap fore or aft and are not straight to the bottom). I guess they slide a little on the plastic insert and there's only one screw on each side to tighten. I think this problem for me would be solved if there were 4 screws to hold the tops on instead of just 2.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the look of Talley.

I have a set of Signature rings, and they are nice.

Since I don't do a lot of scope switching, ring marks are the least of my concerns.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257heaven

The Signature rings are a very good idea, but when I tighten them, the caps don't seem to be straight (the top ring half seems to have more gap fore or aft and are not straight to the bottom). I guess they slide a little on the plastic insert and there's only one screw on each side to tighten. I think this problem for me would be solved if there were 4 screws to hold the tops on instead of just 2.

When installing the ring caps, I've found that snugging down the screws by alternating side to side, while holding the cap centered, should prevent this. I'm also careful to insure that the gaps between the cap and bottom half is roughly equal on each side. And I resist the temptation to torque the hell out of the screws as the plastic bearings crush around the scope tube.

I've yet to have a scope slip due to recoil, including on my 300 WM. I think the inserts actually improve grip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sir_springer
Originally Posted by 257heaven

When installing the ring caps, I've found that snugging down the screws by alternating side to side, while holding the cap centered, should prevent this. I'm also careful to insure that the gaps between the cap and bottom half is roughly equal on each side. And I resist the temptation to torque the hell out of the screws as the plastic bearings crush around the scope tube.

I've yet to have a scope slip due to recoil, including on my 300 WM. I think the inserts actually improve grip.

I've tried that and can get them even if I try. But wonder if they'll become uneven after much use?? Probably not and it's not a worry for me because I use strictly the Talley LW's on hunting rifles now.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

52 members (808outdoors, 2500HD, 4th_point, 7mm_Loco, BALLISTIK, 5 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,121
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.