Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
So that's the angle I'm coming at it from. The angle of Truth. The angle of Justice. The angle of Power. The angle of All That is Proper.

That's a bunch of angles. Are any of them an obtuse angle? grin

Oops. I meant ANGELS. The ANGEL of Truth. The angel of Justice. The angel Big Boobs. They are all on my side.

grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Battue,I may set up a rifle with turrets and play around me self......

Be careful, sounds like a dance on the dark side for you.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by CLB

P.S. I think you have BobinNH salivating right now. whistle

Heehee! That's funny!Well,see Dave has hunted Alberta with Russ Thornberry so understands that when they stick you on those fields,those rutting Alberta whitetails show without warning,are always on the move and don't stop in those fields unless a hot doe is holding them;they are always going from "here to there",and by the time you laze them, the distance has already changed,and this can be from 50 yards to as far as you can hit......time is of the essence;those bucks don't dilly-dally and neither should you.....ditto a lot of the larger mule deer that I've killed,which are distinctly different in behaviour from the younger one's that lolly gag in the open...

So I say laze when you can,but when you can't......I'd rather have Dave's machine in my mitts than a slow-poke round showing 18-20" of drop at the 400 yard mark...that rig will have one in him while the Western Extreme crowd is still doping distance...besides,where I hunt,there generally is not a camera crew and 4 observers with the Kestral Wind meters and a fleet of Swaro range finders behind me calling the shots....giving the obligatory "SEND IT" command....

To 500 yards and under(the distances most stuff is killed unless you deliberately put yourself further out,a practice common on TV or when peddling Hawkemyer Scopes)I can't think of anything better than what Dave has built,and few things as good.I also doubt that outfit is gonna contribute to a bull elk's life span grin

Like my buddy RinB says..."Trophy hunting is different...."

Nice goin',Dave! Great outfit! wink

No time for clicken and dicken.
Not hard to tell those that talk from those that do.

dave

Last edited by dave7mm; 04/02/10.

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Not trying to offend anyone, but 98% of the hunters out there should not even attempt shots over 200yds. They don't have the rifles, ammo, optics, or skill to use them.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by cdi23
Not trying to offend anyone, but 98% of the hunters out there should not even attempt shots over 200yds. They don't have the rifles, ammo, optics, or skill to use them.

laffin'

Took a buddy out on the weekend with some rifles...600ml water bottles at 500+ yards were not a problem....His first round hit of a water bottle the size of a ground squirrel had him hooked. And that was from resting over a pack laying on the ground.

AND that was with a sporter-weight 223AI using ballistically inefficient 40gr vmax's, that were zero'd at 100 yards......Let him shoot a tidy little cluster at 100, then told him to look at the card and spin the turret accordingly and bust stuff at will.

Pulling out a 7mag with 162 amax's when the wind came up to about a 10-20km/hr cross-wind was childs play to hit a 10" steel gong.

Last thing he said as we drove away, was "who'd of thought it was just that easy."

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Help me out guys..
My lupy has 1/4 clicks. I have it zero'd at 200 yds. How many clicks in elavation up to get a 300 yd zero?

The bullet will drop 9 inches from 200 to 300.

At 200 yards 1 click is a 1/2 inch correct?
How many clicks to move 1 inch at 300 yards?
How many clicks to move 9 inches at 300 yards?
Thanks, Ken

This might be a little easier.

You want to keep your 200 yard zero. Your bullet drops 9 inches at 300 yards.

What do you suppose would happen if you held at the top of the animals back (at 300 yards), and pulled the trigger? wink

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,113 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,314
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.