Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#39786 06/20/01
G
gunner Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Just blew in.....<P>Hey, Way Cool, nice to see another "handle" from another site.<P>Like Steve, I field trial my english pointers, have walking horses, an atv to "road the pups" and train when I'm to tired or lazy to saddle up.<BR> <BR>I love the out-of-doors! Besides fooling with the pups and ponies I do an awful lot of nature, bird, and wildlife photography.<P>I was a founder of the Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society and propagate a number of native tallgrass prairie rarities.<P>I'm envious of you New Mexico guys. What fantastic country! I've driven or flown down on a number of occasions to the Soccorro, Bosque del Apache area.<P>Glad I found this site!<P>best to all.......<P>gunner

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hey, here's another newbie to this site. Posted on AO for awhile back when it started, got fed up with all the advertising and constant changing software.<P>I'm a Colorado Resident, been here for almost 30 years, out of New mexico. Married a Colorado native.<P>I'm an elk hunted by trade, but just keep my day job to finance it.<P>I'm a mule packer, and have 3 mules and sad to say one horse ( although she is mostly a brood mare for my mules).<P>For you New Mexicans, I hunted the Pecos,Questa, and Tres Piedras, but didn't get into the Gila much. Here in Colorado, I hunted the Flat Tops for about 20 years and now hunt the Gunnison area.Always interested in hearing from mule riders and users and elk hunters. <P>I plan to retire a year from this September and the goal is to hunt New Mexico/ Colorado and Wyoming all that year. <P>After that, move to Cody, Wyoming and fade into oblivion hunting elk.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
saddle:<P>You do any packing into the West Elk Wilderness? I got a tag and no one to go with.<P>Rick Bin

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Rick, If you end up with nothing from anyone on this let me know. A friend of mine that just retired from hunting the west elk wilderness (he was an outfitter there), would be more than glad to help you out with it I imagine. If ya email me I will shoot ya his telephone number. Good luck down there. I have been in there several times myself, but its been ten years, I think Tony would be able to give ya lots of info and maybe some help on it. bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Rick, Didn't get back to you over the weekend, because I left my password at work<P>I hunt the east side of the West Elk Wilderness around the Castles and Storm Mountain Pass. The area is horses only because you have to pack in and then around a large block of private land. This is about 9 miles. Or you can go in at Mill creek ,but it's a pretty steep climb. A good area is Soap Basin West of that about 15 miles. There is a way in to it from the south, but a have just ridden into from the east, which is a 25 mile ride.<P>However, this year, I drew a Muzzle Loader tag for my 2nd choice, and I'm going to be hunting the Medano Pass area in the Southern Sangre De Chisto Range,East of the Sand Dunes and north of La Vet. Then I'm guiding a friend on a sheep hunt.If I can help you out anyway , let me know. A few years ago, I helped Jump Trap out wih some directions when him and his boy came out to Co to hunt.<P>you can reach me at vincent.mautino @itt.com

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,334
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.