Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another free bump because phideaux didn't stoop to insults, but instead showed some real class.

Shows character, and I think he would likely be a good guy to buy from!

John

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by phideaux
somebody please tell me if Im way off on this,Im open to offers!

This is off the first page of this thread..

While I agree that Ranch13 should have probably PM'd with his opinion, "Phideaux" litterally ASKED for it. He also never specified the manner of communication(PMs ,emails etc) he preferred.

So, I think you guys are killing the messenger here, Ranch13 is probably right, even if his delivery method was a bit blunt.

We are adults here. Sometimes the truth hurts.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Free bump because Ranch13 is a jerk.

Ever heard of a PM Ranch?

Little history for you son.
Potential seller of this rifle plugged it on another thread,where the op is looking mostly for a Big Timber made rifle, no details , just a link.
His opening statement here, and by the link left on another thread (and an old one at that) leaves the door open for comments.
States that "someone" must of made the dings in the stock to "make it look old". Tells me he doesn't know the history of the rifle,so no telling what the insides are like.
Do the price checking all you want, but that particular rifle can be bought brand new with the barrel sights and no bluing wear halfway down the barrel on the bottom flats and no dings and dongs in the stock for 1000-1200$ from Dixie, Cabela's and a couple gunbroker listings.
Some of the Pedersoli sights are good some are not, irregaurdless this entire set up is used and as such should command a used price, not full retail of a brand new one.Part of the pitfalls of buying the Italian rifles, they may be a couple hundred cheaper than a Big Timber made rifle to begin with but they don'/won't hold the value.
So another free bump for the rifle, that likely won't do any good until the price gets down to where it belongs.

And yes I have heard of pm's, but as just explained......

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by phideaux
somebody please tell me if Im way off on this,Im open to offers!

Just in case our lill friend that has the authority to assess who may or may not be a jerk missed it......

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The veracity of the post made by Ranch was never in question to me, only the method he used to express it.

Just seems wrong to me to blow up somebody elses ad like that.

I was rude in my post, and for that I apologize.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Didnt mean to get anything started here.This is just a classified,if you're interested fine if not fine.
$1000.00 and we can close this ad!!!!!!!

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
any offers?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ranch IS right, that's an $800 rifle in today's used market.

My $.02

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Is that an offer?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, thanks just the same.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
BTT

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,771 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.