Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Exactly. This is an economic, environmental and cultural disaster!!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ain't ever seen oil hurt us that wasn't refined.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by derby_dude
So you prefer China, Cuba, Russia to drill in the Gulf than Americans or British?

Somebody is going to drill in the Gulf and off shore it might as well be us.

Oh it can be done DD, it just needs to be done....better. And with more preparedness for the inevitable.

Until some of those at the top face the possiblity of criminal misconduct, the culture won't change.

Man, as this disaster has unfolded, the attitude has changed around here, hasn't it?.... wink

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
during cementing operations, they had a pressure surge, the mud column didn't hold, the BOP failed, oil and gas hit the rig floor and was ignited. rig eventually burned up and sank, pipe string is twisted up on the botton. ROVs have been trying and failing to activate the BOP on the sea floor through a tangle of rig debris and pipe.

anybody who thinks BP isn't doing everything money can buy to get this shut in is smoking dope.

The money should have been spent in being better prepared. Shutting the barn door after the cows are gone isn't going to save BP now.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
No this wreck is not one of those conspiracy things.
By the way we were speaking about the Valdez the other day. 21 years later they are still finding ducks with oil on their feathers.
There are still exists pools of oil missed by the workers or that have surfaced later.

Didn't know a duck lived 21 years... [bleep] that its all damn propaganda on the old spills... I've been there a number of times since, and life is normal. Geez.

Of course thats NOT what we expected to find when there. We were on the beaches fishing and wondering around, watching the wildlife, catching fish, flipping rocks over looking for evidence, there ain't much....

Pools of oil 21 years old....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I ain't ever seen oil hurt us that wasn't refined.

?.......

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it is now reported that the decision was made not to install a half million dollar electronic remote control BOP, on the basis that it was unnecessary. while that might have failed too, this is going to drive the lawyers nuts....I'm sure Transocean and BP are going back over that little email chain right now [bleep] bullets over who made the final call.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It'll be okay. We'll get past it. If it weren't for politics this would barely be news. Not a lot different from the Mexican border thing. Since when has the rest of the country given a [bleep] about the Gulf Coast? Other than Katrina, of course. The MSM says it's news, so it's news.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by derby_dude
So you prefer China, Cuba, Russia to drill in the Gulf than Americans or British?

Somebody is going to drill in the Gulf and off shore it might as well be us.

Oh it can be done DD, it just needs to be done....better. And with more preparedness for the inevitable.

Until some of those at the top face the possiblity of criminal misconduct, the culture won't change.

Man, as this disaster has unfolded, the attitude has changed around here, hasn't it?.... wink

Casey

Yup. I'm sure this disaster will change things and make drilling in the ocean safer.

If it was an accident things will be learned for the next time.

If it was sabotage security will be changed and done better.

If it was an attack by a sub or some such, we will learn we need to protect the rigs better either by the Coast Guard or the Navy.

Out of every disaster we always learn to do things better.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Easier said than done.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by PH_Texan

And lie-berals like you are trying damned hard, damned fast, to cash in.

Typical.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's not good, but I think you have your panties too much in a wad.

I'm hearing stupid stuff like it will never recover. The gulf is dead. It's the worst disaster ever.

The current spill would have to leak at it's current rate for another full two years before it even reached the 1979 gulf spill......you don't hear that a lot on the news do you?

Did the gulf die? Did it never recover?

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by NathanL

...The current spill would have to leak at it's current rate for another full two years before it even reached the 1979 gulf spill......you don't hear that a lot on the news do you?

Did the gulf die? Did it never recover?

WRONG!

Here are the facts NathanL:

Originally Posted by Daily Tech
The spill is the worst oil disaster in the gulf since the blowout and oil spill of the Ixtoc I in 1979. It is estimated that within 50 days it will pass the worst oil spill in U.S. history � the 11 million gallons that leaked from the grounded tanker Exxon Valdez in Alaska's Prince William Sound in 1989. And the relief valve may not be finished for as long 90 days -- roughly three months.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You can't even read.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The 1979 spill dropped 3 million barrels into the Gulf, divide 5000 in 3 million, that's 600 days.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
And this:
Originally Posted by LA Times
Over 21 Years later, researchers continue to find hidden, toxic pools of oil left over from the 1989 Exxon Valdez tanker spill off Alaska�s coastline, killing pink salmon eggs and retarding the population growth of sea otters, harlequin ducks and other wildlife. Although oil does decompose, studies show that oily pockets tucked beneath boulders or buried below gravel and mussel beds in Prince William Sound escape sunlight, oxygen and waves that would break them down.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
hussein might want to shut down the Gulf, but China, Russia, Mexico, Venezuela, Iran and a host of others are drilling night and day for the oil.

Losers of course.................. America

So I guess we stay the course and try and keep up with those bench mark countries?

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well since PH seems to live in fantasy land I guess we could always use this to dril under the gulf. I'd love to live in a world where mistakes, accidents, disasters didn't happen but they do. You man up and take care of the problem, learn from it and try not to repeat it in the future.

[Linked Image]

Otto is my co-pilot.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've had better and not enough blonds

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've had better and not enough blonds

Yeah but I don't have standards.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,413
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.