Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was looking thru the Feb.issue of Field&Stream last night and there is an article about finding BigFoot's Ass track in a mud wallow around Mt.St.Helens [Linked Image]<P>I'm not making this up folks! Had comments by a couple of eggheads who study these things. Also took hair samples from the area and they are primate related. There was a picture of the "track" along with an artists rendition of pose. It looked surprisingly like the picture of E4E's roo pic [Linked Image]<P>Anybody see this article in the Feb.,2001 Field and Stream?

James
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Yea I remember the article, hell it even made the prime time news out here. My question is what kind of sick and twisted SOB would know what Bigfoots ass looks like in the first place, let alone what kind of print it would make in the mud? Actually I must confess, I made the print.(Those who have met me can testify its not that big of a strech) I was on my way to shooterslam and got lost. I was gonna climb to the top of Mt Saint Hellens to glass for a smoke trail comeing from Mr. SS's camp fire when I slipped in the mud. Serriously,it was a pretty funny story.

Shoot Safe, Shoot Often

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Littlebit: I try to take everthing with a little humor. About 4 or 5 months ago when we had that Bear Atack thread going on over at that other site. I ran across this article. Mind you, its one of those rag articles, such as on the Globe, or Enquirer. I promised my self I wasn't going to post the link. But if you go to: <A HREF="http://www.excite.com/search/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.excite.com/search/</A> and run a search for Bear Attacks, (plural not Bear Atack). And check out the article under Black Bear Atacks Zoo Keeper. I think I could easier believe your article on Big Foot. Some of these Rags get down right outragious.<P>Phil

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK!<BR>I confess.The whole thing is a hoax!<BR>The tormenting my neighbor gig got out of hand and a reporter from the Enquirer paid me 50 bucks to put on the ape suit and leave an ass track like a dog wiping it's butt.I got tired and sat down for a bit.<BR>Littlebit you're too sharp for me and the likes of the Enquirer.<BR>However the fanged alien vampire deer(Phlebotimus Bambicus)are real,and the Globe bought my story. [Linked Image]<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Remove the mechanical variables,and then you can only blame yourself!<BR>http://home.intekom.com/upfront/cost.htm

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, found the asstrack maker. Appears that it lives in Michigan, has a penchant for screwing around with firearms and is known to crave real beer [Linked Image] badger<BR> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1505453&a=11365009&p=41434849[/img] <P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhhhh,remember when I posted about it several months ago? I'd seen the News report on a Seattle Station. You guys thought I was nuts(though I probably am).......

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Hi, guys. <P>I have seen the actual ass cast!<P>Jeff Meldrum, the guy who was featured in the Feb '01 Field & Stream, is a professor at the university here in town. I've talked with him quite a bit - our oldest sons have played together on several soccer teams, and we've spent time talking on the sidelines and such. <P>He's interesting to talk with, because he's obviously not a wack job, and doesn't really have a missionary fervor to prove the existence of this creature. He actually started out to disprove its existence, and he's been patiently assembling evidence for years now, subjecting every bit of it to the most rigorous analysis possible. Some of the stuff he has is damned fascinating, like the hair samples, for example: they don't match any known species, but are closest in composition to primates. (Of course, I've pulled crap like that out of my shower drain. [Linked Image])<P>Do I believe in the existence of Bigfoot? <P>Nah...It's just too much of a stretch.<P>Cryptozoologists point to discoveries like the new species of deer found in Cambodia last year as lending weight to the theory that Bigfoot could exist. <P>Where that falls apart, of course, is that the locals in Cambodia probably knew of this deer's existence, and just accepted it as nothing out of the ordinary. It simply hadn't been cataloged by academics. <P>Somehow, I don't think anyone living around Bigfoot is going to accept its presence as nothing out of the ordinary. "Oh, that? That's 'Bigfoot'? Hell, we got those freakin' apemen all over the place - they're a pest. We thought everyone had 'em around."<P>Greggun<P> <P>

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Hi, guys. <P>I have seen the actual ass cast!<P>Jeff Meldrum, the guy who was featured in the Feb '01 Field & Stream, is a professor at the university here in town. I've talked with him quite a bit - our oldest sons have played together on several soccer teams, and we've spent time talking on the sidelines and such. <P>He's interesting to talk with, because he's obviously not a wack job, and doesn't really have a missionary fervor to prove the existence of this creature. He actually started out to disprove its existence, and he's been patiently assembling evidence for years now, subjecting every bit of it to the most rigorous analysis possible. Some of the stuff he has is damned fascinating, like the hair samples, for example: they don't match any known species, but are closest in composition to primates. (Of course, I've pulled crap like that out of my shower drain. [Linked Image])<P>Do I believe in the existence of Bigfoot? <P>Nah...It's just too much of a stretch.<P>Cryptozoologists point to discoveries like the new species of deer found in Cambodia last year as lending weight to the theory that Bigfoot could exist. <P>Where that falls apart, of course, is that the locals in Cambodia probably knew of this deer's existence, and just accepted it as nothing out of the ordinary. It simply hadn't been cataloged by academics. <P>Somehow, I don't think anyone living around Bigfoot is going to accept its presence as nothing out of the ordinary. "Oh, that? That's 'Bigfoot'? Hell, we got those freakin' apemen all over the place - they're a pest. We thought everyone had 'em around."<P>Greggun<P> <P>

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Folks - Sorry about the triple posting. My computer was freaking out. <BR>Greggun

IC B3

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
greggun: Here is the story about it, from the guy who studied the butt print...He...he. Don't you believe this story, because it is not true.<P>Speaking of Bigfoot<P> Posted by Robert M Oregon<BR> February 05, 1999 at 11:19:57<P>We Northwesterners have wondered for quite some time why the Pacific Northwest is the habitat of Bigfoot. Scientific evidence has recently come to light that shows these creatures have developed their large feet as a result of an evolutionary trend due mainly to climate conditions.<P>The rainy conditions that causes a layer of mud to cover much of the terrain, it has been discovered, has caused an adaptation to occur which allows Bigfoot to walk on the surface without becoming mired ankle deep and therefore stranded in the rush of oncoming mudslides. (This is supported by evidence of sightings of the Yeti, or more commonly, the Abominable Snowman, in the Himalayas whose feet have grown to snowshoe size proportions. They are able then to scamper away from oncoming avalanches.)<P>Fossils have been found of a creature that pre-dates Bigfoot. This animal was known as Patella Rex-literally, King Kneecap. Big Knee ruled the Northwest Rainforests when the climate was even wetter, and the mud was knee deep. Again, Indian legend speaks of Big Knee with awe and reverence. Unfortunately, most records of this monster were lost in the Y1K heiroglyphics crash when the bark libraries were demolished by the now extinct Bark Bug.<P>Scientists and other explorers are excited however, by the recent discovery of two large smooth indentations nearly eight feet across found in a sample of slaty mudstone that appear to even predate Big Knee. One of the researcers was quoted as saying, "This discovery clearly indicates the effect of climate on the evolutionary trend that leads us to Bigfoot. The Pacific Northwest was even wetter in the past, and we now have proof of the existence and origin of Big Butt."<P><BR>

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Littlebit,<BR>I'm allways suprised to hear about Bigfoot sightings in the Pacific Northwest. I allways figured th' boy was from Alabama, I mean, what with the wall to wall body hair and knuckle dragging gait he was pro'lly from around Tuscaloosa somewhere.<BR>Ya'll do know Alabama has a gene pool.....it just don't got no deep end.<BR>Nyuk,nyuk<BR>Dan

NRA Life Member

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're gonna like it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ok guys, three years ago I was ELK hunting by the Hoh river close to the olympic national park boundaries, I was down by the river in just a mess of alders and swamp looking for some elk as I had seen several sets of tracks there, It was starting to get a little late and I had got a little confused as to where my actual whereabouts were, As I entered I had crossed one stream and now on my way out I somehow crossed two and was starting to become concerned as the light was failing fast, and I was up to my knees in mud and brush, I found a different stream and decided I would follow it as it would probably lead me to a road, suddenly as I was struggling to advance in this swamp I had a VERY STRANGE feeling that I was not alone, made my hair stand up on the back of my neck, and in front of me, maybe 30-40yds, hard to tell with the light , I saw a very large dusk colored something in this same swamp as Me, I remember stopping, just looking and trying to figure out what IT was, I shouldered my rifle in case it was a BEAR, I had a bear tag, but when I got my scope to my eye, nothing was there, and I couldn't see anything with my naked eye anymore, but whatever it was, was gone, and it was in the direction I was heading, needless to say, I did I quick double time turn around do say do, and backtrailed faster than I knew I could, crossed the two streams, went way the hell the other way and found a different road, when I got back to camp and shared my experiences, the boys all tried to explain it off as moss, or a bear, or shadows, poor lighting etc,,,but I tell ya what, whatever IT was, Scared my but, and you won't find me hunting in alder swamps by myself in the evening anymore,,BEARHUNTER

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Guys, just to let ya know, this isn't bullcrap, what I saw, I don't know, but it has affected me,,BEARHUNTER

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember this subject coming up on "the other board" a while back and we had a heck of a lot of fun with it, but now I'm starting to get scared! Anybody got a hug? LOLOL- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Badger,<P>That's it! That's the real BigFoot! [Linked Image]<P>E4E, Please put your legs together and put some clothes on! Sheeesh! LOL

James
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bearhunter, You WOULD tell a scary story,right before I go to sleep!<P>Good thing It's breaking daylight.<BR>Good night Irene...Littlebit

James
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was hoping someone would call bullcrap on my story, I guess ya all know that BIGFOOT is out there wandering around the forests of the west,,,,BEARHUNTER

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe Shaq has been into those nasty hormones and steroids again... Did it happen to be wearing a gold tank top?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ahhhhh,remember when I posted about it several months ago? I'd seen the News report on a Seattle Station. You guys thought I was nuts(though I probably am).......
YUP

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.