-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the record, here is the PM I sent HardCoreHunter. It shows that he has read the PM but did not reply to me. If he truly wanted to speak from his personal experience and he didn't have the cash laying around to buy a MR pack I wanted to give him the chance to have hands on a MR pack.
He throws all his support behind a pack that I had completely fail me and the company would not back. Then, when called out offers to make it right if I send the pack in, but the previous post stated the packs has been burnt up and junked. Come on, here was his chance to truly have a personal test with his own eyes, hands and back and he won't even reply?
Probably was a bad idea to send my pack to someone who has stated he hates all cops, essentially hates me, and trust that he would send the pack back or not damage it on purpose to prove a point. The simple fact is I believe in MR packs enough to take that gamble and it pisses me off to have some keyboard cowboy blabbing about something he knows nothing about. Maybe he wants to send me his new Eberle to try out? Doubt it.
If ya want to try out a Longbow let me know, I'll send mine out and you can give her hell for a weekend. I am gonna be tied up with work until after June 19, welcome to try it out. Happy hunting, Casey

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
How could he pass up that offer? Sheesh...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ovishunter
Bigfin,
Maybe we can start a support group... "Hello, my name is Bigfin (shameful pause as you look at the floor) and I have backpacked whitetail deer out." All of us chime in at once, "Welcome Bigfin." Next person in line in our support circle, "Hello, my name is Ovishunter (awkward pause as I fight back tears of embarrasment) I have backpacked whitetail deer out." "Welcome Ovishunter."
We could get Greeny to be the facilitator. "Hello folks, my name is Greenhorn, and I too have backpacked whitetail deer. It all started innocently, I was actually hunting elk, way off the beaten path... you know, the elk haunts... Well, this whitetail buck jumps out and without heistation BOOOOM! He's dead and I am asking myself, why did I just do that." A look of humilation falls over his face and begins to sob and cry. Somebody yells out, "For God's sake, get that man a beer!"
SamO can jump in, "It's alright Greeny, I actually packed one out on horses before." Everyone can stare in disbelief. Someone yells, "Get the hell out, we don't take 'your kind in here!" Of course we wouldn't let SamO leave, we'd have to buy him a beer to drown his sorrow too.
Of course these meetings would have take place at a bar. I think there could be a lot of progress made. LOL Happy hunting, Casey

OMG, is that funny, or what? My wife came to my aid, wiping the tears from my eyes and administering oxygen. She read it twice and cannot understand why I find it so funny. I guess it falls in the "Had to have been there catergory."

Friggin hilarious, Casey. Thanks for the great laugh.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That was pretty funny!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will have to tell you my theory on how wives and old pickups are the same. My wife doesn't think it is funny, but it makes sense to me. LOL

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laffin...

My old '76 has now outlived 4 girlfriends and one marraige. Ironically, years back it used to have a sticker in the back window that read "Women, they come and they go.... But trucks are forever."

So please, do tell... Unless its like Apple Pie and Puzzy (you can eat your moms apple pie)

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
didnt take the time to read thru all this..but my god, what a classic! Hardcore = the jeff_o of the backpack community...the hardcore backpacker from Iowa..lmao

"He easily made P&Y"..thats an accomplishment..anything thats over 2 years old makes P&Y..

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Hello, my name's Kent... (hello Kent)... I've boned and packed whitetail... (Ohhhh!).... well, not boned in 'that' way, and it was Coues... you know, 'whitetail lite'.... (Ooooow!) I'm so ashamed... Should have been more 'Iowa' hardcore... I was weak... sniff... (yessss!)

Easy dragging country...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There are elk in the same holes I get Coues out of, gotta pack either out.

[Linked Image]

Kent

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dood, thats almost as HARDCORE as a late season wilderness rabbit hunt...

N
NXP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Kent - Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, that Coues fella would be riding home in an Eberlestock pack... Proof that deer can be carried out in packs other than MR - but don't let that secret get out! :P

Other than that, I got nothin'. All my whitetails end up in the back of a pickup after a fairly reasonable length swamp drag...

NXP

*edited for clarity of humor, hopefully*

Last edited by NXP; 06/05/10.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel so inadequate... Little whitetail and I was only 2 miles from the truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To soothe my hurt feelers, I'll submit 300" of bone taken the year before. It took two trips.

And I'll also mention they were packed out in a CamelBak BFM I got at an army surplus store. I don't really recommend it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by NXP
Kent - Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, that Coues fella would be riding home in an Eberlestock pack... Proof that deer can be carried out in packs other than MR - but don't let that secret get out! :P

Other than that, I got nothin'. All my whitetails end up in the back of a pickup after a fairly reasonable length swamp drag...

NXP

*edited for clarity of humor, hopefully*

Eberle, Yep... and HCH was still upset with me when I told him... he had an agenda come hell or high water. The elk was packed out in the eberle also and was 'my' last animal taken out with that pack and it did fine again, but I wanted something a little more modular so gave it to my brother who loves it. As you can see in the deer pick it is sagging with 70 lbs and starting to pull back, the LLs are flattening out as the body sags under the weight. The material is stout on that pack and could hold more weight for sure, durability was not an issue.

Now, I wanted to up my weight carrying a little and also have different configurations, so I got a Nice frame, some buckles and webbing and learned to sew. I can go lightweight and low profile and have the ability to kill and pack and be gone. Wish I had thought to take some 'vittles' packing pics but I'm just learning different pictures are neat to have, so don't have anymore.

This little vittles package was cut up and packed out with this configuration up and out of the Superstition wilderness on a solo hunt, one trip out and about 75 lbs-ish, 4 miles, 2 seasons ago.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've packed, or helped pack several elk with this pack and my lion out whole that weighted 88 lbs, so around 100 with bow and all, but I killed in the last easy mile of a 16 mile loop so wasn't far, coulda 'drug' it...

[Linked Image]

My day hunting/overnight scouting configuration

[Linked Image]

and......

Blue, veddy Nice!

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From the group, "Welcome Kent, welcome Blue."

Kent, you are extra sick, it looks as though you are willing to spend the night out, maybe more than one to shoot a deer, wooooow! You may need profesional help rather than group therapy. Blue, shooting mule deer and packing them out is alright, after all they are deer that just wishes they were elk.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Just my opinion but some of you guys should start a backpacking picture thread. Some of the most amazing pics I have seen has been in this thread. Thanks for posting them.

Dink

PS. The pics from Iowa can be left out of the thread.

Last edited by DINK; 06/05/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats a good idea Dink, a place just to share pictures.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what do i win?

mercy triumphs over judgement
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
winter kill yesterday

[Linked Image]

mercy triumphs over judgement
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
"what do i win?"

A "Hardcore" hunt in Iowa. Sorry, I could not help myself!

Nice pics!

Good Shooting!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by hunting1
"what do i win?"

A "Hardcore" hunt in Iowa. Sorry, I could not help myself!

Nice pics!

Haha!

Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.