Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sheesh Jim62, don't get your panties in a wad. I have carried my .06 for 20 years in a scabbard, over some mighty rocky country and in some nasty country.I ain't been sitting in some tree blind all those years.Put a few goat and sheep hunts on one, and if you don't get some dings, you haven't been hunting

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mehulkamdar
I don't own this rifle but I was given the pictures for posting on another forum - The rifle is unusual in having a stainless steel barrel that was blued using a proprietary process by Boener in Germany.

That rifle gives me a Boener too. smile Gorgeous.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
All of the rifles posted above are exquisite, and I would be proud to own any and all of them.
I don't own these rifles, but feel that they represent the very highest quality of rifles I dream about owning, in my favorite chamberings.

Stephen Heilmann 250 Savage

[Linked Image]

Maurice Ottmar 7x57

[Linked Image]

Bob Owen Springfield

[Linked Image]

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
buckfever1;
Thanks for starting the thread as I never tire of looking at unique wood patterns and what craftsmen have been able to do with it.

With the understanding that it's pretty dry here and since we have generous seasons don't have to hunt in the rain if we don't want to, here are a few of ours or one's I've worked on for BC folks.

My saddle gun for years, a No. 1 in .300WinMag with a factory butt stock and a fore end made by yours truly as I really don't prefer the factory "B" type fore ends.
[Linked Image]
One of my "walking around rifles", a Ruger 77 in .308Norma stocked with a fairly light Richards blank. It now has a 6x42 on it, but otherwise is the same as the photo.
[Linked Image]
A 1958 Brno that has taken a pile of BC grouse over the years both in my hands and in both of our daughter's hands as well. It pretty much lives on the back seat of the pickup for 3 months every year.
[Linked Image]
A Model 70 in .300WinMag that I restocked for a fellow out of a Boyd's blank who said he has every intention of hunting it this fall.
[Linked Image]

Thanks again for the thread and thanks to all who've responded, it has made for enjoyable viewing.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Don't know if any of my rifles are in the same league as the previous rifles, but here are a some of my favorites. Yes, I do hunt with them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Pre-64 M70 264 Win Mag and a M70 SS '06 [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WinModel70
Don't know if any of my rifles are in the same league as the previous rifles, but here are a some of my favorites.

WinModel70;
Well for whatever it might be worth this fine Sunday afternoon, in my view that top rifle you posted doesn't take a back seat to many rifles when it comes to figure and depth in it's stock. cool

If the bolt was on the other side and we lived in the same country I might even try to talk you out of it. whistle

Thanks for putting that photo up anyway, it is one fine looking rifle.

I hope you and yours have a good week.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Sheesh Jim62, don't get your panties in a wad. I have carried my .06 for 20 years in a scabbard, over some mighty rocky country and in some nasty country.I ain't been sitting in some tree blind all those years.Put a few goat and sheep hunts on one, and if you don't get some dings, you haven't been hunting

I was not the one with my panties in a wad. I also was not the one on this thread who claimed to "be ashamed of rifles that looked like that" -not me.

You were the one who implied just because the rifles in the pics are not in nice shape, that somehow their owners have not used them. Which is utter bullschit.

I have seen PLENTY of rifles that have been used on hard hunts that had usage marks,dings that would not have shown up in most pics.

I have also seen guns with enough dings and scrapes from storage and ignorant handling that have hardly ever been FIRED let alone hunted, to know that wear from abuse is no indicator of how "hard" a gun has been hunted with. It's mostly just an indicator of how poorly some folks take care of a rifle.

Like I said, just because someone does not beat the hell out of their equipement,does not mean they of not used it.. whether it is made from blued steel and fine walnut or stainbless teel and painted fiberglass.

Last edited by jim62; 06/13/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
[quote=BC30calWinModel70;
Well for whatever it might be worth this fine Sunday afternoon, in my view that top rifle you posted doesn't take a back seat to many rifles when it comes to figure and depth in it's stock. cool
[/quote]

A BIG amen on that rifle. It is exquisite.. WOW!!

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Don't know if any of my rifles are in the same league as the previous rifles, but here are a some of my favorites.

WinModel70;

If the bolt was on the other side and we lived in the same country I might even try to talk you out of it. whistle

Regards,
Dwayne

I will add a third amen to that and I do have a question about the top rifle.

Is it a factory Winchester stock? I have never seen a post 1981 Winchester featherweight stock with a cheekpeice. Is is a custom shop gun?

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by BC30cal

WinModel70;

Regards,
Dwayne

I will add a third amen to that and I do have a question about the top rifle.

Is it a factory Winchester stock? I have never seen a post 1981 Winchester featherweight stock with a cheekpeice. Is is a custom shop gun?

It is an Ultimate Classic stock from the custom shop. I got it fully inletted without the finish and checkering. I love the FW checker pattern and had a local stock maker checker and finish it for me with that pattern. He's a stock maker for Ljutic. They send him the blanks and he does the work in his basement.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks for the great pictures guys, boy those are some good looking rugers,I've posted this before, but I never get tired of looking at nicely stocked rifles. Here's my 1957 .270 fwt and 1937 7x57.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by vapodog
It's really hard to beat the '98 Masuser when it's slicked up a bit.

[Linked Image]

Classy touch, love that forend tip. Never have seen one like it before.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by handwerk
Thanks for the great pictures guys, boy those are some good looking rugers,I've posted this before, but I never get tired of looking at nicely stocked rifles. Here's my 1957 .270 fwt and 1937 7x57.

I'm jealous!! smile VERY beautiful rifles and they make a gorgeous pair! Thanks for posting the photo!

Cheers!
-Bob F. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess I'm fairly simple to please but I reckon the Ruger Hawkeyes are just about the nicest looking blued/wood factory rifles on the market. The stock dimensions fit me perfectly. They are a fairly plain design, but I think that is where the class shines through. My two get carried a lot. I also like the Ruger No.1As. It's a pity they are offered in so few chamberings.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice rifles Dwayne!

Travis

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Gentlemen, I can't thank you enough for the great wood and blue show. I would love to own any that I have seen here! They are all truely works of ART! Buckfever1

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by handwerk
[Linked Image]

Those two rifles are exquisite, in every respect.
Kudos on owning them.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by buckfever1
Gentlemen, I can't thank you enough for the great wood and blue show. I would love to own any that I have seen here! They are all truely works of ART! Buckfever1

Even the Savage 110.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My most favoritest (technical term) rifle on the 'Fire.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...a_Johnson_s_Oberndorf_Mauser#Post2637106

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 15 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,665
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.