24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Would anyone with a Ruger 44 be interested in helping with the development of a commercial 10 round mag? One of the greatest issues with the 44 both in deerfield, 77 and 96 formats is that its all over after 4 shots, in Australia we usually want to have a few more up our sleeve as we will generally get onto a mob of pigs.

Yes there is other guns that have more capacity in 44RemMag but we LOVE our Rugers, it was criminal when production was stopped and so we ar taking more charge of the platform working it into its ultimate configuration.

What we need is for someone to donate their rifle for a time to ROI industries so they can test the development of the magazine. Pretty much the produce Desert Eagle .44 magazines atm so the solution everyone has seen on you tube can be made by them, hopefully for as little bucks as possible!

If anyone can help it would be a great boon for all Ruger .44 users, so please let us know or spread the word far and wide, all forums, casr your nets people!. smile

Cheers

ASHO

BP-B6

OP Offline

Hey guys this IS a serious offer, I know it looks like SPAM but it is an offer too good to be true, someone is finally willing to make the magazine for us. Since you guys are in the US and I wont be selling to you I have no problems in telling you the company is Checkmate Industries and trhe cointact if you would like to go direct to him to find out what is going on.

Joe DeBello
Project Manager
Check-Mate Industries, Inc.
www.checkmateindustries.com
joecheckmateindustries.com
Phone:631-491-1777
Fax:631-491-1745
CAGE:1M291

I would have thought people would have been all over this, Imean its either SPAM and you want to expose it or its for real and every guy who ever bought a deerfield a 96 or a 77 will want these clips, surely thats worth getting it together for a quick loan for testing the prototypes and just think if you get your gun in first yours will be the one thats developed first!

Cheers

Gavin Greaves
ceo
Futrix Enterprises
www.asho.com.au

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This company will obviously be developing these mags for a profit, no?

In the big scheme of development of such mags, including design, molding, prototyping, fabrication, packaging, etc, spending a few hundred bucks to BUY the actual gun is peanuts compared to the other costs involved in this process.

Why not just buy a non-mint version of the each model (functional but not pretty) and have them at your disposal full time? For working 96/44, a 77/44, and Deerfield it might cost you $1750 ballpark for the three rifles. That's nothing compared to the costs of actually getting a high-capacity magazine from drawing board to market.

If you can't even swing a few bucks to buy the guns you're interested in developing aftermarket products for, good luck.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 06/16/10.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Do they even know the magazines are not interchangeable?
There are differences between models.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by WTM45
Do they even know the magazines are not interchangeable?
There are differences between models.

.......exactly. Some will work in other models, some won't, but I guess he'll figure that out. whistle

Last edited by BlackFrog; 06/15/10.
IC B2

OP Offline

Why do you think I'm asking for each of the models?

They arent building $50,000 worth of tooling they'll never make it back.

If you read Checkmates website and the posts above you'll work out that they make short runs of magazines down to a single magazine.

I dont even know if they can own guns Checkmate and I know I cant own guns in the states and the semi-automatic is something we generally cannot own.

So having already known this the best solution they and I could come up with is to loan the guns!! People who have the guns and want the mags will do it and you two obviously dont.

Now instead of being all smart arse and smarmy about stuff thats already known why dont you waddle off and SPAM somebody else's thread.

BTW wiki's definition of nothing has just been changed to "the space between Blackfrog's ears"

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Aust_Shooting_n_Hunting

People who have the guns and want the mags will do it and you two obviously dont.

Now instead of being all smart arse and smarmy about stuff thats already known why dont you waddle off and SPAM somebody else's thread.

BTW wiki's definition of nothing has just been changed to "the space between Blackfrog's ears"

You have been here ten days, with six posts, have assumed knowledge of what resides in other's firearms collections, made insults of other members and accused someone of "SPAMMING" your post after you included a link to your website.
Talk about ironic...

If Checkmate wants to do R&D on design and build of their aftermarket magazines for Ruger rifles, they need to make the simple financial investment in the test vehicles. They are in NY.

OP Offline
What drugs are you on or missing, where have I made any assumption about anyones gun collection?. The statement is have the guns AND want the mags, too bad for you if Im wrong in that statement because you holding the process up the way WE have decided to do it, not you, means that not only will the opportunity be available later TOO EVERYONE (everyone blame this guy).

Your the one who led of with the insults, too bad you dont take it better than you give because I can give it better than you can apparently. Once again you have made a post adding no value to the thread ofr the project of completing the development of these magazines and guess what idiot? They will go ahead without you or not, you're an absolute obscurity in this process.

How is it spam to include my E_MAIL address not my website when I dont even sell to the States at all anyway? Its information people need to know to take the next step in the process.

I know where they are, I know where I am and I know what they want to complete their process and since you cant accept that on face value perhapos you should just leave the thread when you shouldnt have had anything to say in the first place.

How unfortunate that people who can finally achieve what 30,000+ views of 2 posts on you tube want to see are being held up by a person like you.

As I suggested take the opportunity to bow out.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
"Lead off with insults?"
"Idiot?"
"Obscurity?"
"Held up?"
I PERSONALLY know folks at RUGER right here in CT.
You have NO IDEA who you are talking down to.

"Taking charge of the platform?"
HA!

OP Offline

If I do it wont be by you limp.

So what if you know someone from Ruger, I know someone from Ruger,everyone knows someone from Ruger, doesnt make any difference when they dont WANT to make the magazines.

I have every idea who I am talking too. I'm talking to an idiot (yes I think that anyone who wants to hold up progress or fun in anyone else's leves because it doesnt concur with what they think is an idiot) who dropped in on thread and tried to derail it by negative comments about the process the manufacturer decided. Its their decision and it doesnt matter two pennies if you agree with that or not. You want to influence their process talk to them dont tal it down in public.

Why? What interest you have in derailing it I have no idea but since you are so close to Ruger apparently and they dont want to make it I can only assume youre at the very least a staunch supporter. Well so am I but I'm not letting the fact they wont produce the magazine I want stop me from doing so and other people concur.

So why dont we clean up the post, get rid of the crap and if you want to suggest a different approach to checkmate because you have some perceived influence in the world then you can suggest that through the appropriate channels to chackmate, details above.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You started the namecalling my friend, not I. Please notice I did not continue with it as you did.

I wish you luck in your endeavors.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You said in your first post "we love our Rugers", that would make one think that you, or people you know would actually have the guns in question. Otherwise, how would you know you love them?

But here you are, begging for someone to loan you guns while making insults and calling people names. Excellent way to make a good impression!

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 06/17/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be damned if I would loan out any of my guns for "development work".Im not even sure its legal.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If the development of the mag only involved dry runs, manually cycling rounds and not firing, I can see where someone interested in a 10 rounder might be willing to loan if they lived nearby. But I can't see where that would work. For the product to be dependable it would require some fairly extensive live fire. And of course the factory mags are rotary design. For the hi-cap I would assume a single or preferably double stack design would have to be developed for the rimmed .44, with substantial live fire at the various steps. Personally, without any financial interest involved, I wouldn't subject my Deerfield to that much wear. Bottom line, somebody has to buy some rifles. Possibly the manufacturer could buy them, keep up with the round count, then sell them with history after product development. In the long run however a firing platform would really need to be on hand for continuing QA and for returns. Good luck to you, I'd love to see a positive result; but it's hard to get most people to loan their guns out for a hunt, much less for industrial strength testing.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Gavin, you didn't, perchance grow up in England, did you?

Jim
D
DMW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Aust_Shooting_n_Hunting

If I do it wont be by you limp.

So what if you know someone from Ruger, I know someone from Ruger,everyone knows someone from Ruger, doesnt make any difference when they dont WANT to make the magazines.

I have every idea who I am talking too. I'm talking to an idiot (yes I think that anyone who wants to hold up progress or fun in anyone else's leves because it doesnt concur with what they think is an idiot) who dropped in on thread and tried to derail it by negative comments about the process the manufacturer decided. Its their decision and it doesnt matter two pennies if you agree with that or not. You want to influence their process talk to them dont tal it down in public.

Why? What interest you have in derailing it I have no idea but since you are so close to Ruger apparently and they dont want to make it I can only assume youre at the very least a staunch supporter. Well so am I but I'm not letting the fact they wont produce the magazine I want stop me from doing so and other people concur.

So why dont we clean up the post, get rid of the crap and if you want to suggest a different approach to checkmate because you have some perceived influence in the world then you can suggest that through the appropriate channels to chackmate, details above.

I vote "get rid of the crap"

...meaning you.

Even if this isn't a scam, you blew any chance you had of obtaining your goal.

DW

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.