Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Somewhere I've got a box with a couple hundred pieces of new Remington 416Rem brass, but I can't seem to locate the darn box:( I decided to check availability in the event that it doesn't turn up and see that it is a seasonal item now and none is available until the next seasonal run.

Anybody know when Remington makes their seasonal production run of this brass?

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Did you check Graf and Sons?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It has been almost unobtainable for several months and there are rumors that Remington has discontinued manufacture. About the only source available a couple of months ago - the last time I looked - was Jamison at $117 per 100 cases.

Jamison 416 Rem

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What kind of quality is Jamison brass?

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
This happens from time to time and rumors fly..They will manufacture a batch before too long and it will be in abundance..I know of 3 times in 30 years or more this has been the case with .416 Rem brass, 25-35, 250 Savage and a few others that don't come to mind..

I bought a 1000 pieces the first time the rumor mill hit, so its no longer a problem, but I am down to about 500 loaded and perhaps 200 cases. Don't do that! smile

Last edited by atkinson; 06/19/10.
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I believe you can fire form 375 H&H brass if you are in a pinch. It's a pain but beats paying the ridiculous price of factory 416 Rem ammo.

Last edited by RockHopper; 06/20/10.
GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Midway USA has "discontinued" A-Square 416 Remington Brass but they show Remington's Brass as "Unavailable - Seasonal Run"

Seasonal Run - This product is only manufactured periodically by our vendor, often on inconsistent intervals. We have this product on order and will make it available as soon as it is received. Please use our "Remind Me" feature so that we may alert you as soon as it comes in.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=679594

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=547800

I hope Atkinson is correct reference the rumor mill, it would be nice if someone had the inside scoop as to which quarter Remington plans to make their production run of this brass.

How about the Jamison brass, is it any good??

Thanks

- Clint Eastwood
GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll try calling the Remington Ammunition & Components Plant on Monday to see if they'll give an answer.

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ordered 100 Jamison but have not loaded it yet - I still have 50-60 rounds loaded and 200 new Rem brass. Comments on the AR Forums indicate that it is OK and as good as any other.

Also, one of the posters on AR was supposedly told by Remington that he 416 RM was discontinued. It will be good to know if that is verified or refuted when you call. Please let us know what you find out.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
416Rem is a 1-step fireform process from 375H&H. I use 375 brass for practice and save the 416 Rem brass for hunting ammo if correct headstamp is important.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B3

GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Instead of 375HH, would using 8mm Rem Mag brass make a better choice being they share the same shoulder?

I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get an answer from the Components Plant reference Remington brass.

later

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can use 8mm brass easily. Hornady basic brass can als0 be used and sized to .416.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
8mm rem Mag would work but brass is much harder to find and more expensive than 375H&H. Remember that the head-spacing for the belted magnum cases is on the front of the belt so the case will be held firmly in place against the firing pin fall and correct headspace (to the shoulder) should result for your individual rifle. Checking case length after fireforming is a good idea to assure uniform length.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 06/20/10.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I'm in the process of selling a Win model 70 in .416. For me, I found that I just shoot the .375 much better.

I have about 400 new .416 Rem cases for sell. My email is in my profile if anyone is interested. Hope I don't sound like a buzzard, but I'd rather someone use them than gather dust under my bench.

Ken

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Quality Cartridge has them also but higher priced.. $39 for 20..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
It's around, and at reasonable price, you just have to shop and get it located.

I see a fellow poster has 400 rounds, so that should solve your problems. Another shows some outfit has them for $39 per 20 a couple of boxes should get you by until they are available again.

GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Okay, I got a hold of the Components Plant in Arkansas and had a good conversation reference their production of the 416 Magnum brass. The production of the component 416 brass is order driven and the plant needs to reach a threshold in pieces ordered to make it profitable to make a run. Currently the total orders on the brass are too low to start a component run and therefore no production run of 416 Magnum brass is scheduled for the 2010 calendar year. I forgot to ask the total number of pieces needed to meet this threshold, but they did say if enough orders were received that it could be possible for a production run in 2011. Some of their limited supply brass are ordered enough to make runs every year, some are ordered enough to make runs every other year, orders for the 416 Remington on the other hand are very limited and therefore production runs are very limited.

It sounds like Atkinson is correct in his assessment as you can trace this on-again / off-again supply of the Remington 416 Magnum brass going back for many years.

On a good note, my wife seems to think my box of brass was placed in our storage shed. I plan to search the shed today in hopes of finding the box. Ken, if that doesn�t pan out, I�ll give you a shout.

Best:)

- Clint Eastwood

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,772
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.