Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Stag lower with there 2 stage trigger, its a great trigger but want a "nice" single stage trigger, something in the 3 lb range. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks

PP

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have 2 LMT single stage triggers but they are factory.....I replaced them with WOA tuned RRA triggers.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Timney is very good.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have a Timney and installed it myself in about 15 minutes. If you knew me, you would be impressed by that...

It's a great trigger.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Can the Timney be tuned to break like a bolt gun trigger?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Passport,

The JP comes pretty highly reccomended.
http://www.jprifles.com/index.php

My armorer buddy says they'll break nicely, around 3#. I don't have experience with it, as I'm happy with my RRA.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have not pulled all the single stage ones out there, but I have yet to pull one that breaks like a right bolt gun trigger. Good yes. Right. Nope. Never without some creep..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495
I have not pulled all the single stage ones out there, but I have yet to pull one that breaks like a right bolt gun trigger. Good yes. Right. Nope. Never without some creep..

The AR Gold does.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I believe you had tried the Geiselle, if so, doesn't it break like a bolt gun? At $270, it had better......

Allen

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Any idea what the 2 stage I have now is worth? Is a really good trigger just too light, super clean. The gun was a Super Varmiter and I made it into a 16 inch CAR gun, thus the need for a new trigger.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have both the Timney and McCormick and the McCormick is the best.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I put a JP trigger in my Bushmaster and like it a lot. Breaks nice and crisp at 3 lbs. Real nice triggers and won't break the bank.
Good luck!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hemiallen

I believe you had tried the Geiselle, if so, doesn't it break like a bolt gun? At $270, it had better......

Allen

Geiselle yes, but those never get mentioned here in single stage.... rarely anyway, and are high dollar, most folks are thinking 100-150 buck triggers. BTW the Geiselle, like any good one, has to be set up correctly to be great.

And nope... have yet to test an AR gold.... oldman whatever the F he was, touted them too.... which made me puke....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I have always liked my Chip McCormick single stage match. Expensive, but crisp.

Grandpa's Wisdom:"Sunrise is God's time of the day, shortly thereafter all the [bleep]'s wake up"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
What is your price range?

hammer

HRCH Superchamp's Pocket Change "PESO"
�Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.�-GENESIS 1:28
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HammerTimeBagley
What is your price range?

hammer

Im open, I dont want to spend 250 or anything like that, as close to 100 as I can keep it. Kinda hoping I can find a used one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not going to tell you what you really need ect. Just curious if you have ever tried a good two stage trigger? You will probably find a lot cleaner breaking trigger in a two stage.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Ok, i'll play dumb. All my rifles have single stage triggers, explain to us that do not know what is the difference? I am all ears.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 65X54
Not going to tell you what you really need ect. Just curious if you have ever tried a good two stage trigger? You will probably find a lot cleaner breaking trigger in a two stage.

I have a great 2 stage now, just too light. Plus I never cared for a 2 stage. My hope is to make the trigger as "bolt action" like as I can.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hunting1
Ok, i'll play dumb. All my rifles have single stage triggers, explain to us that do not know what is the difference? I am all ears.

The issue in the past has been, and its been addressed, Geiselle has a decent version and supposedly AR Gold is ok too, but the rest....good but not perfect either, that in a semi auto you cannot right a light single stage as it'll jump the sear due to how hard the actions run in recoil... much like a bit too light a bolt gun trigger, if you run the bolt hard and rough, you can make it not catch the sear eihter.

Anyway with a 2 stage you can hold that from jumping by the 2 stages, and set the intial one to be maybe 2-3 pounds give or take, but the second around a pound or so.... And there is a definite stop in there... pretty simple actually... I'd never shot one till I bought an M1A.. and now I love them or at least lets say I have no qualms using them... you pull the weight up on the first stage as you get ready, it gets to the stop, then when you are actually ready, you apply a pound more pressure, that breaks like a glass rod, and its gone... Single stage cannot be that crisp due to action of the recoil and so on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 51 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.