Print Thread
Hop To
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stoney Point OAL Gauge is a must-have for any serious centerfire reloader. It is, by far, the best way to measure the distance from the boltface to the lands with EVERY different type of bullet you plan to shoot in YOUR rifle. No guessing anymore.<P>The device is a hollow aluminim tube with a threaded end that accepts a special threaded dummy case. A rod slides within the hollow tube and into the case.<P>You simply drop whatever bullet you want to load into the dummy case, then, with the bolt removed, slide the case through the receiver and into the chamber. Once the case is fully in the chamber, you slide the rod forward, which pushes the bullet into the lands, at which point you lock the rod with a twist. Now, simply remove the assembly and measure the OAL for YOUR chamber with that bullet. Back off a few hundredths, and you've got a great starting point for getting a good bullet seating depth for YOUR rifle!<P>I've tried the smoke trick and various others, and nothing is so convenient and accurate. I highly recommend them, and wish they sold them here, although you only need one for all of your rifles.<P>Cost was about $35 last time I checked, but the dummy cartridges will cost you a few bucks each, and you'll need the comparator as well.<P>Still, it's well worth it! <P>The Stoney Point OAL Gauge is a winner.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Want to buy mine? (Can we do that here?)

Critr
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Critr:<P>You can definitely do that here. I will create a forum expressly for "business transactions," and we'll just confine all such posts to there.<P>Thanks for the courtesy of asking.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Great idea for a forum to peddle your wares! Thanks Rick!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.