Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I did compare my Leupold GR HD with my neighbor's SLC and the GR HD had a slight edge all the way around (splitting hairs, but it was there). Makes me wonder if the SLCneu is worth it over the Kowa Genesis, Meopta, Pentax ED, etc.
wow thats amazing. leupy GR over the slc neu? i have compared and couldnt disagree more.

I didn't say SLCneu, I said SLC. I doubt, however, there'd be much difference, and you surely wouldn't see things through a SLCneu that I couldn't see through the GR HD, ever.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I don't see how You guy's can tell the difference between any of the $750.00 + bino's, to My eye's the difference's are so slight as to be almost undetectable, I certainly don't see the extra money when You pay twice that price and even more, unless a man has more money than brains that is crazy........if that be the case, more power to ya rich guy!!!.........................Hillbilly.

There is alot of truth to this. I stare through them for hours as much as most people I know, and I've done it through Elite's, GR HD's, SLC, Trinovid, Zen ED2, Pentax SP, , Steiner's, EL's, and probably a couple I've forgotten about in the higher end stuff. You can't see things through one and not the other. If you can't it's the glasser's fault, not the glass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked through a pair on Sunday at Bass Pro. I was picking up on dead oak leaves 100 yards away. I'm impressed. They had another model called HD's next to them for $1,000 more. I didn't look, but I have to wonder if they are phasing out the SLC's they have now.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by rob p
I looked through a pair on Sunday at Bass Pro. I was picking up on dead oak leaves 100 yards away. I'm impressed. They had another model called HD's next to them for $1,000 more. I didn't look, but I have to wonder if they are phasing out the SLC's they have now.

Yes, they are phasing out the SLC's in the 42mm size because of the new HD's. They will still cont. to make the 8x30 SLC as far as I know until (or if) they come out with a newer version of that size. Same thing with the EL's. They have phased any new production of the old EL's in the 42 mm size once they came out with the new Swarovisions. Now they still make the 32 mm size of EL and as far as I know will until they come out with that size of a Swarovision.

Kind of like autos; once they come out with a new model or version and the old ones are phased out of production -"adios old amigo"

But just like an old auto that is a classic vintage-we can still "drive" the old vintage binocular classics and realize that they are still awesome pieces of machinery.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SAKO75
I did compare my Leupold GR HD with my neighbor's SLC and the GR HD had a slight edge all the way around (splitting hairs, but it was there). Makes me wonder if the SLCneu is worth it over the Kowa Genesis, Meopta, Pentax ED, etc.
wow thats amazing. leupy GR over the slc neu? i have compared and couldnt disagree more.

I didn't say SLCneu, I said SLC. I doubt, however, there'd be much difference, and you surely wouldn't see things through a SLCneu that I couldn't see through the GR HD, ever.
i bet whatever you could see with a GR HD, you could see wit ha monarch. THats only part of the equation though

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You'd be wrong then. My hunting bud on our whitetail place had a pair of monarchs until I gave him my Elite's. The monarch's suck compared to the glass I mentioned. I've looked through them for hours also. The last several posts you refer to talked about optics, not ergos.

Last edited by JGRaider; 08/10/10.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
all i notice is when it comes to leupy there seems to be the camp that thinks that they are as good as anything no matter what and the camp that says hey we tried them and didnt like the mas much.

I ordered some 8x42 GR HD's from cabelas once and returned them because i didnt like the eyecups, body armor, looks, and the optics werent "HD" to me in anyway. Look through a swarovision or Zeiss FL and you notice "HD."

I compared the Leupy to the Meopta Meostar at the time and preferred the ergos, eyecups, and sweet spot of the meostar.

I do not think you need "HD" to spot game though.....

YMMV

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
$2000+ for a hunting bino is rediculous IMO. To each his own.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Do the 8x30 SLCs come with the protective eyepiece cover or is that an add on?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes, the caps are included

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks Doug! Just placed my order.

fw707 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So how do you like the new binocs so far?

"A world without string is chaos."
Lars Smuntz

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I wonder how these 8X30's would compare to my ProMaster Elite ED's 8X42?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (257 mag, 44mc, 1eyedmule, 35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,301 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,270
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.