-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
I am headed to unit 21 the first week of September. Driving out next Wednesday and was wondering if anybody else was going to be in that area. I will be picking up my brother in-law in Cheyenne and heading out to some public land. This is our first Elk hunt. One of his friends from base is supposed to be our guide. Should be a good time.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Where are you going up there?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You must be bow hunting or did you draw a reduced price cow/calf tag? I'll be there during rifle season.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you should see lots of elk and hunters. don't be afraid to get aways off the roads and away from the other hunters. 1st week would not be my choice but as thick as the elk are over there it should not matter. Don't plan on any monster bulls, they are few and far between hard for any bull to get to six years old with all the access over there.

Keep a chain saw with ya, lots of beetel kill so you can get a road blocked behind ya real EZ.

I've hunted the area for the past 30 years, if you need some info let me know. I'm flying into Akron Oh. Saturday night but if you need anything let me know before that..

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PS bring sun sceen and cold weather gear.

IC B2

B
OP Offline
B
I have lat and longitude numbers. something around 41 and 107. I would rather have gone the second week but I made plans for when the guy that knew the area was available. I have cold gear waiting to be washed, going to do it this weekend. I will be bow hunting with a general tag. I don't want a monster just something branched will work for my first time out. I think we are planning on going about 3 to 5 miles in off the trail head. Just want to see Elk and have the opportunity to take one.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Killed more than one elk on the first of September up there. Enjoy your trip. You will see elk. Have fun in Huston Park.

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you, I plan on having lots of fun. Hope to hear a bugle or two while I am up there. I know it is early but would like to hear it in person instead of just on tv.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When you come through Cheyenne give a shout. I plan on hunting 21 during rifle season in Oct.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
B
OP Offline
B
WyoJoe, I should arrive in Cheyenne late Thursday night. I need to buy my archery license and my conservation stamp on Friday morning. Then we are headed out to set up camp. BTW I think if I strike out during archery I will try a long weekend in October.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should be able to get your lic. at any sporting goods place in fact the flystore in Laramie will have them if Fosters is not open.
Wyoelk knows that area about as good as anyone and better then most. I think he'll agree your going to see elk unless your blind in one eye and cann't see out of the other. your need to get a small game lic. for Blue Grouse and bring some blunts to shoot the with unless your good at throwing rocks(you'll under stand after you've seen them).

B
OP Offline
B
thanks gotlost I think I will pick up a small game tag. On another note it's official my free guide will not be joining us so it will be my brother in law and myself on our own so if anyone is out in unit 21 the first week of september and see a grey truck with a red tonneau and ohio plates stop by and say hello.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Send me a PM of where you are going and I can give you some tips. The bulls will be pretty quiet during the day but you can still pull one to you.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.