-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it happens here... there is no good place to run.

Who would want us?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
The best thing you can do is get your finances in order and try to streamline your medical needs.

The rest of the world won't let our economy collapse because there would be no one left to by their trinkets. Sure, your dollar might only buy 10-25% of what it use to but it probably won't be any different anywhere else.

Going to a foreign country, especially one you're not familiar with, would only make your struggles 10 fold.
Tell that to the Jews who stayed in Germany.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
All those very wealthy who bought tens of thousands of acres of land in the the west are going to become unwitting landlords.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WoodsStalker
+1 I've never have been one to run from anything. If it gets bad, remember who caused it and make sure they pay the price!!!
+1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just hope SHTF waits until after football season so I can claim my prize cos I might need the boolits for when SHTF!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If it gets bad, remember who caused it and make sure they pay the price!!!

You're going to shoot 95% of Americans?
Only those who didn't vote for Ron Paul when it could have made a difference. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by POC
My wife, ever the alarmist, is getting nervous about this. I told her we wil just have to suck it up and make due, living off the land. We have plent to do it.
She has a medical condition and requires pretty specialized medicine available from only a couple of pharmaceutical companies in the country, and oxygen at times. And her condition will only get worse, never better.
Anyway, I think if SHTF here, we're going to be SOL as far as her meds go anyways. With the new insurance changes coming....who knows what these meds will start costing us. Currently it is $150/mo. for her one special med, after insurance, before insurance it's $6,000/mo. There is no way we could swing that.
So back to my original question, where would be a friendly country to flee to? My wife has distant relatives in Italy....
Thanks,
POC

How about this for some serious advice.

Instead of feeding and furthering your wife's fears reassure her that worst won't happen. Enjoy what life you left together.

Instead of spending money on stockpiling drugs use it to take a vacation and visit those distant relatives in Italy, if you still can.

Do you want her last days to be lived in fear and paranoia about what might happen?

Do your best to make her life the very best it can be. It's bad enough to have to live with a serious medical condition. Why make it worse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
"We have met the enemy and he is us". Pogo.

So much wisdom in a simple comic, I do miss that one along with "Our Boarding House".

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The most sage advice yet offered. As I said earlier, quality of life beats hell out of quantity if the quality is gone.

Hell, have her make a bucket list and do your best to finish it and do reruns if ya can.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
WGAF!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i'll be fighting!
I hear you. I took it that the old boy was trying to move beyond wishful thinking and make some preps. Usually the best Generals have retreat plans or contingency plans in case their original idea goes to hell. Nobody is saying America isn't worth fighting for. Selling one's life dearly is different than giving it away. The land is good but the ideals are carried in the hearts of live human beings and one of your first duties as a believer in liberty and the blessings thereof, is to live. Living isn't the top, but it is way up there and a desirable thing, most usually.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Only flee to Your home bunker and start slingin TF outta lead
Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by isaac
if it gets this bad, it won't matter where you are anyway.
==============

It will matter and, fortunately for POC, he's already in the right place should SHTF.
I agree completely. It's like "size does matter". It will definitely matter where one is if the feces goes through the blades. I live right on a major US Highway and that troubles me to no end because I've got about everything else set.

in case of a breakdown scenario, got any idea how many groups of individuals, families, etc. might be trudging along that road? as their vehicles breakdown or run out of fuel/dead batteries, they'll take to hoofing it. then stopping to rest and "refuel." your location instantly becomes suspect to me.
I've got a good idea. I live right on the shortest route from Kansas City to Tulsa, near to halfway. It's also the shortest major route to Dallas from KC. Whether I am out actively defending our country or not, I would like to see my family out of harm's immediate way. Lots of hang ups to doing so though. One does the best they can.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by byc

BBQ on the house! If the cat sits on your truck we'll cook that too!

The cat or the truck?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bermuda.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve you're better traveled than myself.

do you have to have the shorts before applying for citizenship there or can you get them afterwards?

I've already got the black socks and sandals covered (they're part of my SHTF kit)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by POC
My wife, ever the alarmist, is getting nervous about this. I told her we wil just have to suck it up and make due, living off the land. We have plent to do it.
She has a medical condition and requires pretty specialized medicine available from only a couple of pharmaceutical companies in the country, and oxygen at times. And her condition will only get worse, never better.
Anyway, I think if SHTF here, we're going to be SOL as far as her meds go anyways. With the new insurance changes coming....who knows what these meds will start costing us. Currently it is $150/mo. for her one special med, after insurance, before insurance it's $6,000/mo. There is no way we could swing that.
So back to my original question, where would be a friendly country to flee to? My wife has distant relatives in Italy....
Thanks,
POC

How about this for some serious advice.

Instead of feeding and furthering your wife's fears reassure her that worst won't happen. Enjoy what life you left together.

Instead of spending money on stockpiling drugs use it to take a vacation and visit those distant relatives in Italy, if you still can.

Do you want her last days to be lived in fear and paranoia about what might happen?

Do your best to make her life the very best it can be. It's bad enough to have to live with a serious medical condition. Why make it worse.

Well said, 'cause there ain't much other option.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Steve you're better traveled than myself.

do you have to have the shorts before applying for citizenship there or can you get them afterwards?

I've already got the black socks and sandals covered (they're part of my SHTF kit)

you can get them there...and they do wear the damn things everywhere.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If it gets bad, remember who caused it and make sure they pay the price!!!

You're going to shoot 95% of Americans?
Only those who didn't vote for Ron Paul when it could have made a difference. grin
I'd have to grin too - after that statement.. Hehehehee

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't worry, the SHTF the day Obama was elected. The "majority" that did this to our nation will never be able to do any worse than that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.