Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Non-warrantable Repair:

Freight-In, Freight-Out, and $70 Evaluation Fee (if recommended work not performed, otherwise waived) is responsibility of customer.

Like I said before, not being an advocate for Sako, but everything is above board to the letter on the process to send your rifle in for service work. You are either in warranty or not. You either agreed to service work or not.

Tell us the year of manufacture of your Sako and your reasoning you believe it should be covered under warranty. Maybe we can offer you some suggestions to overturn Sako's decision that your rifle is not covered.

or

Tell us how you think you are being shafted by the service center. Maybe we can offer you some suggestions to help you work this issue out with the smith. They clearly state the waiving of the evaluation fee if you authorize the recommended out of warranty repairs. All of this is up front information that was not hidden.

Let us know if you are trying to make the best of the situation or if you are just venting.

Good Luck:)

Last edited by GaryVA; 09/02/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
BP-B6

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GaryVA
Like I said before, not being an advocate for Sako, but everything is above board to the letter on the process to send your rifle in for service work. You are either in warranty or not. You either agreed to service work or not.

Tell us the year of manufacture of your Sako and your reasoning you believe it should be covered under warranty. Maybe we can offer you some suggestions to overturn Sako's decision that your rifle is not covered.

or

Tell us how you think you are being shafted by the service center. Maybe we can offer you some suggestions to help you work this issue out with the smith. They clearly state the waiving of the evaluation fee if you authorize the recommended out of warranty repairs. All of this is up front information that was not hidden.

Let us know if you are trying to make the best of the situation or if you are just venting.

Good Luck:)

Did I mention they have really smooth actions? wink

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I called the company and explained my gun, problem and desires....to a tee...I bought the gun used, it has never come close to the 1" guarentee. I was told no problem let me transfer you to our service dept.....bolsa answers the phone. we go through the same q&a session. he tells me to send it to him so he can have a peek at it, not send it to me so I can charge you $125.00 to tell you it may not shoot well, and for another $95.00 I can offer a better outlook for it. I told them on the phone what I saw in the borescope and they said it would take 6 weeks to rebarrel it. thank god I did not have a bill for that.

I guess where I come from, if you are gonna look at a job and start working there better be a conversation about money before anyone gets started......dunno, could be just me.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
it's pretty moot at this point, I am done with sako, I vow to never own another, nor will I hold my tongue from speaking my expierience.

looks like a 6.5x284 cooper repeater will be my next try. at least I can drive to stevensville to chew on some arse if I feel screwed.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had one that didn't perform with outstanding accuracy. Those that I've heard of with complaints, were normally like this particular rifle with a lot more to the story than first blush.

If this particular rifle shot this poorly in the hands of the previous owner, then he lied. If it shot better in the hands of the previous owner, then something happened since or there is a question with the marksmanship of the current owner. If the rifle just plain shot poorly out of the box new, then there is a question with the marksmanship of the previous owner for not realizing this rifle had issues needing repair.

One thing's for sure, it's an older discontinued Sako that has been through two owners being currently out of warranty. Who's to say with all this convolution that the rifle didn't shoot exceedingly well when sold new. For certain, unless damaged or out of spec, there should be no reason it could not be made to shoot exceedingly well.

Best:)

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's ok, rap a Bushnell on something hard and send that in for warranty work. A few weeks of dealing with them will make you forget all about Sako.

This is the fix for anything that ails you...2 days later and I'm still laughing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
You dare besmirch the holy name of Sako on this site!!!......Good luck, I've got the popcorn started grin.........................Hillbilly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One problem is it is now Beretta who makes the decisions, and they are not consumer friendly.

I held a new Beretta O/U 9,3X74R double rifle, complete with factory test target that printed as well as any I have ever seen.

There was only one problem, the chambers never had a finish reamer run through, and rounds wouldn't chamber.

Beretta told the dealer that he must have screwed the gun up somehow. By the way, the dealer was Lee LeBas. It was the last Beretta he allowed into his shop.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The SS06 EELL Express Rifles are custom made with hand fitted barrels that go through repeated testing throughout the manufacturing process and proofing. You're saying they omitted all the regulation and proofing on the rifle and sent it out without even the chambering complete? I don't see how that is possible for it to skip the proofing process. Is there written record anywhere to document such a mistake?? There must be more to that story.

Last edited by GaryVA; 09/03/10.

- Clint Eastwood
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
gary, the original owner told me it shot OK, not sub moa, but ok.
sounds like you got what you bought,a very rare 1 in 1,000,000 Sako that doesn't shoot one holes like mine.
I'll take it.

Last edited by bh444; 09/03/10.

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
just leave it there and call them once a month to inquire if it is shooting better yet smile

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I own several Sako's rifles and my 270 wsm was the hardest to get to shoot around the .5 mark for groups (three shot). It will shoot alot loads less than a inch though. The problem is dealing with [bleep] beretta. I don't think its a big deal that a dog got out but fix it with out charging a arm and leg for it.

I have had a alot of remingtons and brownings that would not shoot four inches at a 100 yards but they did not cost a $1000 or more and they at least tried to fix it (even though they consider 2.5 inches good at a 100).

I have never seen a Sako that would not shoot but I am sure they are out there.

I have always wanted a benelli shotgun but if you get one that don't work beretta will not fix it. They will keep it a year and tell you they are trying to fix it but they just don't give a damn.

I really like sako rifles but just can't stand beretta.

Dink

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Hate to hear of problems like that. I would have thought Sako rifles would have a longer warranty. I have been lucky with firearms and only had one that required warranty work so far.

I recently purchased a T/C Icon that had to be sent back to the factory. T/C replaced the rifle with a new one and I received it 23 days after I shipped them the defective one. T/C picked up the shipping both ways and gave me a free magazine. Total out of pocket expense to me was $2 for another background check.

Edited to add: All this talk of how poor Beretta's customer service is makes me hope I never have a problem with my Beretta 390 shotgun.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 09/03/10.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Although I am a sako fan I don't think much of beretta. All my sakos have shot 1" or less and been a joy to own. Although I understand your frustration.... with the rifle having passed through several owners and perhaps years of use I think it's a bit much to ask sako to cover anything that might be now wrong. If they are willing to make it right for a reasonable cost that would seem fair, but if you will never be able to enjoy the rifle, sell it as is and move on.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's ok, rap a Bushnell on something hard and send that in for warranty work. A few weeks of dealing with them will make you forget all about Sako.

This is the fix for anything that ails you...2 days later and I'm still laughing.

Yep.

Sad, true, but damned funny.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by high_country_
I bought a used sako off the fire and it was not a shooter at all. I went through extensive load development and finally gave up when it was obvious that it was simply a 2moa gun. I cleaned it and borescoped it and found a odd scratch that ran down the bore in a spiral opposite the riflings. I called the service center at sako, which forwarded me to bolsa gunsmithing in california. I explained my situation and such to the fellow, being very clear that I am not the original purchaserof this rifle and am just hoping that they will honor the 1moa guarentee. he tells me no problem, send it down.

off it goes.....shipping on my dime, I am ok with that, but I wish it were a smith and wesson. a few weeks pass and today I recieved a call asking me to call bolsa gunsmithing to make a decision on what to do. they told me that the barrel is odd and they lapped it, but the mark is just in the steel and will not affect accuracy. they offered to re cut and crown my barrel, but would need my ok. I told them I sent the gun to them to get it up to sakos guarentee and I did not care what they do to make the gun shoot short of sticking gum under the barrel, it is a sako and should at least get close to an inch. I was told that would be a $95.00 repair.

instantly I am pissed. I send a gun off to a shop for warranty work, they lap the bore and say "its fixed", I ask how it shoots, they say it should be fine and that will be $125.00......odd because sako said it should shoot too. so now I am torn between just saying screw it and telling them to keep it. that frickin POS is not worth the price of the shippig and repair.

I would appreciated it if someone could send me a # to an english speaking human from sako so I can explain to them that I have a strong 40 more years of gun buying and it will exclude them, I feel like I could have at least got some KY jelly.

completely dissapointed in sako.

Greg

Wow a Sako with a problem, unheard of! must be a mistake they are perfect!

What's the point of your sarcasm?

PROUD TO BE A VETERAN
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do you know the date of manufacture? Its at least 5 years old, as they haven't made a 75 since 2005. I'm still curious whether its built on the V action (the early ones were) or is it built on the SM action?

Don't let him keep it. Even with a dud barrel, its worth something to somebody.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Email Sako/Beretta and send them a link to this thread. Let them know that not only are you not willing to be pushed around, you're also talking to people about them and their customer service.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still do not understand what either Sako or the repair center did wrong?? What is the argument being it is an old used rifle that is out of warranty???

- Clint Eastwood
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GaryVA
I still do not understand what either Sako or the repair center did wrong?? What is the argument being it is an old used rifle that is out of warranty???

+1

Sounds to me like the issue should be with the seller, not the manufacturer at this stage of the game.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.