Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 454 of 1,842 1 2 452 453 454 455 456 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here's a quick link to it Bill. It's a big sucker for sure.

[email:http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/102573114.html]http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/102573114.html[/email]

I have a feeling I've seen this bear. I may have posted it last fall when we saw it. It was digging through garbage near Hwy 29. Flat out biggest bear I've ever seen. If it's not the same guy...there's another big somebitch in that same area.

Camp is where you make it.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they are saying there's a good chance of frost on saturday.
fall is definitely here!

those are some huge bear!!! mine was about half that size and the DOW aged him at 7 1/2 yrs. and he was big! wow I think I would soil my drawers if I had a close encounter with a 700lb bruin.

mine was spooky enough, first shot 20 yards, second shot 10 yards, he died 15 feet from me breaking the end off a tree I was using as a blind.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sounds like a good trip even without any bear Bill.

We had some frost here this morning.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Say, I was just wondering. I see the DNR has been doing a great job managing the Bovine TB up north. Does anyone have any opinions on it? confused

whistle

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got this picture from my friend I used to work with. He shot this with a bow, I believe in Utah I think.

[Linked Image]

What makes the story pretty cool it that this is only the 2nd year he has been able to pull back a regular bow. This is because about 5 years ago he was bow hunting just north of here, rifle season on the reservation just started. He had his area marked with orange tape and flags. He was sitting on the ground and he looked up and saw 2 men walking toward him. One of them raised his rifle and looked at him through his scope. They stood there for a while. He made gestures so they knew he was there. The one man lifted his gun and pointed it right at him. He hollered at them and got up and started running toward the brush. The next thing he knew he was on the ground. He looked around but the men were gone. He looked over and he had been hit in his upper left arm. He was by himself and tried to get back to his car but it was too far. He crawled for about 200 yards. His arm was only hanging there by a small section of skin. It started getting late and his son started to get worried so he went looking for him. He saw his car and went down the trail. He found him barely consious. He called a buddy who lives by there and he come with his truck and ran through the fence so the ambulance could get to him. They reattached the arm. The doctor said he was very lucky that it was so cold because he lost so much blood, otherwise he probly wouldn't have made it.

He had been hunting with a crossbow till last year. He has pretty good stregnth in his arm considering. He is so lucky to still be here. They still have not caught the guys who did it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't know the age of that bear Ryan, but they have a lot of crops in that area to eat. Tons of corn in the fields and grains for them to feast on. I'm sure there is a happy farmer in that area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose, mine was fed high in the mountains on scrub oaks and elk/deer it could catch. maybe a calf or two of the neighboring ranch.

I bet them corn fed ones taste better smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Sounds like a good trip even without any bear Bill.

We had some frost here this morning.

Yep, good one here too. Ornamental ponds surface was frozen.

No luck on the Ruffies last night.

Deb & I headed out @ about 6.30, so had an hour & a half of shooting light.

Saw 2, but no shots fired. Cover is still really thick & with failing light, couldn't find 'em again.

Beautiful evening though, just a great time in the bush. Trees are turning & finished with a lovely 1/2 moon for the drive back.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Damn Muffy is that the one that was shot over around Tamarack?

I have had idiots scope me before and it is one thing i worry about when i have the boys out with me.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That is a hell of a story isn't it? God I wish they caught those guys.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, & let the punishment fit the crime !

Glad he's OK Muffy. Musta bin a hell of a rehab.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I know what I'd do if I ever caught up with those two!

Man Dave, the road into Chickenbuck is a mess. You'll need a long stretch of below freezing temps to harden it up. Can the logging outfit be made to repair the road?

Tom, thanks for the link

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 09/16/10.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Not sure on the road yet Bill, I have been in contact with local forestry management. Basically my standing question to them is will they allow me to dig/scrape sand from along the sides of the road to fill in that stretch that's been pounded in.

They mentioned talking to the loggers to back drag the stretch that's so bad but that isn't going to help.

They were very nice folks to talk to, I'm sure things will work out, it will likely mean a bunch of work on my dime but.. it'll work out.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Is that county land? Just ask them who to send the bill to for repair work you'll see something done.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
State

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Even better...they gots lotso money just ask Craig, smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gess what just walked though my yard?

Freezer pleezers.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

sorry for the blurry pics.

Last edited by tzone; 09/16/10.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ya know the Sherpa would be out there trying to noose one of 'em. Any plans for dealing with these trespassers Tom?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by big drift
Damn Muffy is that the one that was shot over around Tamarack?

I have had idiots scope me before and it is one thing i worry about when i have the boys out with me.

Yep thats the one. I wouldn't want to hunt up there. He has hunted that same spot the last couple of years. I would be afraid they would come back and finish the job.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
He has hunted that same spot the last couple of years. I would be afraid they would come back and finish the job.

I don't think I'd hunt there anymore either. OTOH....he may be a bit quicker on the trigger this time instead of the other way around. If he gets scoped he'll probably shoot.

Page 454 of 1,842 1 2 452 453 454 455 456 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
639 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.