Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yahoo! Last month at the Sagebrush bpcr shoot,I bought one of their $50 dollar raffle tickets. They're fund raising to replace the indoor range and some needed improovements at the Hoffland.
This afternoon they called and left the message I got the 100$ cabela's gift certificate.
Not as good as the 4 wheeler grand prize, but I'm pretty sure we'll put it to good use non the less.
Thanks ARC, glad we helped some, as we really enjoy coming down and shooting with ya. See you on the 3rd for the final Buffalo match of the year.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
GB1

Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes indeedy the envelope was in the mailbox.
Now am giving serious consideration to a thumblers tumbler or maybe one of their (cabelas) heavy duty tripods for the spotting scope... Wish they had Remington nickel brass...

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glad to hear of your good time and fortune at the Sagebrush.

Pete and I made a decision to trade the Sagebrush for the "mini-BPCR" long range .22 silhouette match at Coolidge, Texas this past weekend. Two 60 shot matches. Very well attended, even overbooked. Six relays. Very tough competition. David Barnes ran about the smoothest match I have ever seen, and managed to win the overall with a 96/120. Dan Zimmerman won scope class as well as the old farts' competition with a 94. I got an 80, which placed me fourth in scope class. My scores of 43 and 37 were equivalent to about a 24 and 28 for a 40 shot match, so not too bad. Got skunked by the chickens, which is par for the course. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 09/23/10. Reason: corrected score conversion

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Paul we sure missed having you guys at the Sagebrush. I had more sight troubles than you can shake a stick at, so had a pretty miserable score. Carol shot very well with her new highwall considering until we got to the match it only had 4 rounds thru it... Anyway have the front sight staked down good now, and a Heilman sight coming to replace my worn out Parts Unknown.
That 22 shoot I hope they do next year at about the same time we may work it into a fall vacation.
Really wishing I had the time to get down to the west of the Pecos shoot, but after our recent trip Carol is out of vacation time, and I've got a ton of stuff to get done around here before winter hits..

www.historicshooting.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you check the results report from tebbeman on Shiloh, he mentions that they may run it a bit later next year, like first week in October. The heat was up there in the mid-90s, and the thought is to try to do it when the weather has cooled down a bit.

I put about 1900 miles on the GUSAmobile,. We stayed in Corsicana, about 730 miles straight south from Omaha, and another 180 for me, plus about 120 miles of running around down there. Nice country. You'd find it interesting, from a cattleman's perspective. They were pretty casual about cows on the firing range, just shot around them. At one point David turned a kid loose with a BB gun to chase one stubborn old cow.

Pete had problems, but couldn't trace it to anything obviously mechanical. He did have a strong finish on the last relay, 11/15 rams. He could sure do better if he had a better spotter.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Could of been a break in the shooting rythmn, having to wait for the cows to clear that gave Pete some problems.
The wind at Alliance was a bit tricky to try and get 22 bullets to the turkey and the Ram.I finished 4th in the iron sights. Would of been 3rd but lent my rifle and ammo to Linda Clendenon and she beat me by one point... Just glad I was able to stay that close in the score. Monkey boy did the same thing lent a rifle to Bob Englehauf, who walked away with the grand enchilada..Tried to convince Linda that she should of borrowed me her rifle for the long range match. lol..
Ekalaka the wind was just flat out blowing so hard during the 22 and levergun matches you couldn't hardly hold the rifle against it, so the scores there were a bit lower than they maybe should of been.

www.historicshooting.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.