-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No my fiend,I felt no doubt... It is an unbeleiveable DR for the price. I am normally NOT impressed with any of the new guns,however looking and handling one of these "reeks" of shooting something big.In today's world,I think it's smart money for someone that has the DR Itch with having to set up a mortgage loan....rifle

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well I'm certainly going to take a good hard look at one. It's taking a lot of will power not to call Cabelas and order that 450NE from their Michigan store but I guess I'll wait until January for the DSC convention and handle one there at the Cabelas exibit or wait until my next business trip to Texas and check them out at the Fort Worth store. I was planning on buying one before too long and this might save me a LOT of money. thanks!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There are several active threads on AccurateReloading about the Sabattis, and views are generally favorable. I've handled both the 500NE and the 45-70 at Cabelas and found them to be well finished, with good wood to metal fitting, even wood finish and checkering, and the actions were smooth. Opening the actions felt similar to opening a new Browning Citori--somewhat stiff, but firm and not rigid. My bet is they would smooth up with use, just like a good shotgun. That is only my impression, though, from having handled a few samples at the Lacey, Wa. Cabelas.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Gee... No further word from Sabattistinks? I expected more.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well I'm certainly going to take a good hard look at one. It's taking a lot of will power not to call Cabelas and order that 450NE from their Michigan store but I guess I'll wait until January for the DSC convention and handle one there at the Cabelas exibit or wait until my next business trip to Texas and check them out at the Fort Worth store. I was planning on buying one before too long and this might save me a LOT of money. thanks!

Just a word from experience, do not think that Cabelas website is current. It took some work and a bit of luck to get my two rifles layed away. Those that I was interested in on their site were already on lay away though not marked as sold when I emailed them. The 9.3x74's are the most difficult to land. Mine just happend to land the day I emailed and had never been out of their receiving dept.

And yes, Sabattistinks is a simpleton....

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are interested in one,move quick,last year they ran out at SCI and DSC and had to take names...Do not rely on the site either,they are getting about 4 million hits a month on the Internet."May be here today and gone tomorrow" is the rule with them,I've bought a few guns from them, but you cannot be a procrastinator with them....
They also hit off the Guns International site and they move some guns....FWIW

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Business trip? I thought you was retired!.....wink grin

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am, sort of. Spent nine months on the lam and got called by an Aircraft/Aerospace company so I'm working again to keep the wife in shoes and me in guns and safaris. smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am, sort of. Spent nine months on the lam and got called by an Aircraft/Aerospace company so I'm working again to keep the wife in shoes and me in guns and safaris. smile

Good Plan!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
On gunsinternational.com under European Double Rifles the pages are full of new and used Sabattis at prices as low as $3000 to $5400...Look like nice guns and lots of good words about them..I noticed they have several 450-400s and a couple of 450-3.25..I think the gun is too light for a 450-3.25, but perfect for a 450-400...looks like you get a target with them..

I am sure they get a lemon now and then, and I know Cabellas will always make it right on refunds and replacement, at least that has been my lifetime results with them. If your dad looked at another and it had the same problem then he should have made them show him another without that problem, and brought the problem to the attention of customer service, I know they would deal with it if the problem is legitamate.

Last edited by atkinsonhunting; 09/24/10.
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have NEVER had a problem with any of Cabela's customer service. They respond and act immediately to remedy all complaints. I really question the original post.

"Living is hazardous to your health..."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So, sabattistinks seems to be a drive-by troll....

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounded like someone didn't get their way.....

"a drive-by troll"....that's funny right there!!

Come on America,

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It'd probably take much more time than it's worth but if the admin or a mod were to compare the ISP numbers...... It might yeild some interesting results.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (338reddog, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,957 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,160
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.