-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
OP Offline
W
I have a 1917 Enfield, 5-box mag, that I am needing a trigger for. It has the standard military trigger, but I need a replacement and they are extremely hard to find. Any ideas on where to look?

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
They are very easy to find. Just need to look in the right place. Try midway, that's where I bought my Timney. The Timneys are nice adjustable triggers that I put in all my m1917's. Hope that helps. BSA

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Hey, thanks! I'll let my gunsmith know about this.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
No problem Wyatt, think you will like that trigger a whole lot better than the military one. BSA

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This is my 1917 Remington Enfield with a Timney. The second pic is with the new bolt handle. It will be a 416 Rigby.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The next metal work on it will be extended tangs.
Butch

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dayton-Traister makes a nice one

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRoper

+1
And their Speedlock/cock-on-opening kit is pretty nice as well.
You do have to modify the cocking ramp but IMO that is what makes the D-T system the best.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
This is my 1917 Remington Enfield with a Timney. The second pic is with the new bolt handle. It will be a 416 Rigby.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The next metal work on it will be extended tangs.
Butch

Very nice Butch, looks like you put a swing safety on it too. I think I have a preference for the enfield safety lever personally. My bolt handle was put on by Birmingham Small Arms company (England) back around 1950 and also sporterized by them. Too bad they left the military trigger in it though. I had to put a timney in it. I don't care for the cock on opening for this action because I've heard of too many accidental firings with that system on the enfields. Here's a pic of what the BSA'S look like:
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't heard many stories about the COO conversions causing AD's but since my converted 1917 was stolen I wouldn't mind if an AD deafened the creep who stole it from me!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It happens my friend nsaqam. Google it. Was looking at a m1917 last month at the gunshow that was converted to C on Open and it would AD. The guy took it off the rack becasue it was definitely unsafe.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the cocking cam isn't welded, milled and stoned correctly I can see it being problem.
Done correctly it is every bit as safe as any other rifle IMO.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BSA1917hunter. I did it for looks only. I have a Remington 30Express with the factory safety and it will not be changed.
Butch

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by BRoper

+1
And their Speedlock/cock-on-opening kit is pretty nice as well.
You do have to modify the cocking ramp but IMO that is what makes the D-T system the best.

My Step Dad had a 1917 with a Dayton-Traiser trigger speedlock unit in his that he did not long after WWII ended. Not sure when D-T came out with that system, but they've been around for a long time.
It was in the original 30-06 with a Curly Maple stock that was a good looking rifle. It had iron sights only, and I used it one year for hunting. I do LOVE that safety.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
BSA1917hunter. I did it for looks only. I have a Remington 30Express with the factory safety and it will not be changed.
Butch

Butch, that's a beauty. You'll have to post some pictures of that thing when you are done with it. Take care, BSA.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.