Lake Toho and The Kissimmee Chain
<br>Fishing Report
<br>by: Captain Chuck Matthews
<br>http://www.centralfloridabassfishing.com
<br>800-936-7398
<br>January 07, 2002
<br>
<br>Well, what do we have here weather wise... Cold fronts, nice day, cold front. Some would say that this looks bad for fishing. Let�s look back to the first of 1991 when B.A.S.S. had their record breaking catches here. We had pretty much the same weather conditions. What does that tell you? The weather conditions are just right for catching big bass.
<br>
<br>
<br>Lake Toho�s bass are in great shape and so is the lake. What I�m looking forward to is the next full moon which will bring a major spawning period. That means of course that we have a lot of big fish will be moving and easy to spot.
<br>
<br>Saturday and Sunday shiner fishing we put over 40 fish in the boat. Most of the fish where fat with eggs and where very healthy. Now, there are things to do in order to fish the cold front for bass this week. The outer edge grassline in sparse grass, fish a plastic lizard. Slow and I mean slow. Or a worm. I would downsize the worm to a four or six inch. Colors: dark in the morning and as the sun comes up go to a brighter worm such as a red shad glitter. Also as the day warms up start checking out the shallow water to see if any fish have moved up close to shore. Water temperature will get fish moving up to look
<br>for beds.
<br>
<br>On Lake Toho, the fish are in open water that has hydrilla on the bottom in six to eight feet of water. Carolina rigs worked very slow are a good deal for these fish. Shiner fishing has been great. Then fish again in the spacer grass. Throw your bait right in the
<br>small pockets.
<br>
<br>There are a lot of big fish to be caught at this time of year. But please remember this is coming to bedding season. Release your fish immediately. Why even put them in the live well. The less stress you put them through the better.
<br>
<br>We are offering discounts for all Police, Fire and Rescue, and Veterans. So give me a call.
<br>
<br>Have a very happy 2002 Year. God Bless America.
<br>
<br>Captain Chuck Matthews
<br>Pro Bass Guide
<br>A Action Bass Fishing Guides Services
<br>http://www.centralfloridabassfishing.com
<br>CaptainChuckcentralfloridabassfishing.com