Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Color me not impressed.

If I tried to work the bolt on my daughter's rifle, she would kill me with a look.. And being handed a hot rifle? Where the hell does your finger go? My 8 year old knows better than that...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "don't" list was pretty long from my point of view.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm guessing that when Sarah's dad was a younger man he could really cover some ground. That was an impressive performance. I doubt I would have even the desire to make that trip at age 72. It took him 2 shots too long to figure the gun was off. That is ok. It can't be easy to hunt with a camera crew looking over your shoulder. I know the extra pressure would likely affect my thinking a little. In all, I think it was a good show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO at those that want to find fault with a person who's work schedule doesn't allow for hours at the range prior to a hunt and puts her trust in dad.

GMAFB

Some of you wish you had a relationship like theirs.

All American

All the time
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It was mentioned just after the 3rd miss that she needed to switch rifles but she fired again before finally switching. Sarah didn't seem to have too much shooting experience, based on Dad reaching over and working the bolt. When they got back to camp, the shot the rifle and proved the scope was off.

Slightly different subject. At the grocery store last night, every copy of "Going Rogue" was turned backwards on the shelf, and it made me wonder what the feminists feel about Sarah. She's just the woman they want all women to be, except she's a conservative. This has to just drive them nuts.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
It was mentioned just after the 3rd miss that she needed to switch rifles but she fired again before finally switching. Sarah didn't seem to have too much shooting experience, based on Dad reaching over and working the bolt. When they got back to camp, the shot the rifle and proved the scope was off.

Slightly different subject. At the grocery store last night, every copy of "Going Rogue" was turned backwards on the shelf, and it made me wonder what the feminists feel about Sarah. She's just the woman they want all women to be, except she's a conservative. This has to just drive them nuts.

I imagine those 2 gals at the first camp are typical feminists....rough!

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
I've bt/dt with a rifle that had been knocked off of zero..

We all have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless we're not man enough to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The thing that gets to me about the the folks in the northern areas:

Is the distances involved, the environmental changes and concerns, and not being able to see & visit in person friends, family, and neighbors for months at a time.

Those northern folks have got to be some really squared away and down to Earth folks!

I can understand the communication via internet or other media and it must some relief for better than nothing, but it will never replace face to face and a hug with the family members.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Was it a Winchester? That would explain it.

Worseorerstill, it was a push feed with impressed checkering. I thought those were so hated, that they were all melted down for scrap?

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Know of two guys who still have the Mattel Shootin' Toy version of the Model 70, both '06, 1965 production. If they were mine, believe they would have a permanent home. Both these rifles even uglier than when they were born too, if that is possible. They've stood the test, and made meat again this year also.

Pretty sure they won't get melted down for awhile yet! Rifles both rather successfully tons heavy on field performance testing. Hundred pounds there, 500# or more here, adds up over the years for what a rifle is for.

smile

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She's a keeper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Chuck Heath appears to be a quintessential hunter but not a rifle loony.

I wonder whether he handloads or knows all that much about rifles and what we here would consider the basic points of their care and feeding.

And he seems not to realize fully that despite her proven abilities and accomplishments, his Little Girl hasn't been a child for a long time.

What father of an adult daughter can fault him harshly for that very special myopia?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I�m a year older than Chuck Heath and I really appreciate your words.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm 12 years younger, and I appreciate them, too. Heck, I was 47 years old when my Dad passed on, and the day he died, he was still my Dad, and I was still his little boy - even at 260 pounds. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
'Betcha Sarah doesn't wear quite as much makeup on hunts when the cameras aren't there. I like her though. She reminds me of my wife. If no one else in camp kills a deer, my bride will, and the last one she killed was with the pre-64 Model 70 I inherited. She'd never even held the rifle before, and she popped a 6 point Texas white tail as he was running across her field of vision at about 50 yards. If no one else is catching fish, she's haulin' in lunkers out of Toledo Bend.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last week she's clubbing Halibut and then holding their still beating heart in her hand (as well as her daughter) and this weeks she's shooting young cow caribou and butchering them on the spot. You just KNOW that many a liberal's head has exploded. That alone make the show a HUGE success.

She bet her dad $5 the scope was off. She was proven right when he couldn't hit the plate either. Stuff happens and though I may have edited it out since it's not really a 'hunting show' I guess no harm in showing it like it is.

No, she doesn't come across as the greatest outdoorswoman to ever walk the tundra but she DOES come across as someone that "gets it" and isn't afraid to defend it. That alone is worth a TON in today's world.

As far as her dad (and her) kudos to BOTH of them. I wish mine was still here to hunt with. frown

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gun + scope was probably dropped or bumped, and scope got knocked off kilter. Been there done that, After a buffalo hunt, thank God. The guide put my marlin 45-70 in his truck, then opened the passenger side door of his truck for me...the rifle fell out of the passenger side of the truck. Either he was really stupid, or he didn't like girls who did one shot kills on buffalo with 45-70's. I tipped him anyways. Yeah the scope was junk after that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It seems to be more of an"Overhaulin'" show than the Boyd Coddington or OCC show.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Last week she's clubbing Halibut and then holding their still beating heart in her hand (as well as her daughter) and this weeks she's shooting young cow caribou and butchering them on the spot. You just KNOW that many a liberal's head has exploded. That alone make the show a HUGE success.

She bet her dad $5 the scope was off. She was proven right when he couldn't hit the plate either. Stuff happens and though I may have edited it out since it's not really a 'hunting show' I guess no harm in showing it like it is.

No, she doesn't come across as the greatest outdoorswoman to ever walk the tundra but she DOES come across as someone that "gets it" and isn't afraid to defend it. That alone is worth a TON in today's world.

As far as her dad (and her) kudos to BOTH of them. I wish mine was still here to hunt with. frown

More good words-wish my Dad was still here to go huntin� again�not too sure how that would work out�next January he would be 100 years old�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[bleep] Happens!!!!

Three years ago on an Elk Hunt I came out of the woods looked down and the top turret was missing on the Scope on my '06 and I didn't take any fall, drop or hit anything with the rifle while in the woods.

That's why I take a backup rifle on any hunt away from home as it doesn't do you any good to have something like that to happen when your over a hundred miles from home.

Sarah's dad took a nasty fall just before they came up on the young cow and that could have thrown the Scope out of zero. For that reason I have to give him the benefit of the doubt on whether the rifle was sighted in or not.

I only wish my daughter lived closer so that we could hunt together as I would enjoy that very much.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 73 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.