Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just the family aspect of that segment is enough to send liberals in to a tailspin.

What network is this program on?

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Stan V
� And you KNOW she's driving the leftists mad!

Not to mention a bunch here who aren't all that far to the Left.

Is there anyone who's neutral or moderate about Mrs Palin?

Love her or hate her, she shares that trait with Reagan. There is no gray area whatsoever.

And she shares Reagan's love of America.

All American

All the time
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
If she was any kind of woman at all, she would have whipped out the bolt, bore sighted quickly and gently, stuck it back in, then got back on target for the climatic shot.

On the other hand, probably she had very little to do with it all, and her producer handlers planned everything. Anyone who thinks Anything in the videos happened by chance is a naive rube.

just sayin' It's All scripted folks.

Last edited by Roach; 12/06/10.
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Pretty impressed with her and her family. I thought she could have worked the bolt herself but,what the hey, you can't have everything.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sarah is having a picnic with all this....she loves rubbing liberal noses in it.....she harvested a caribou on the edge of ANWR..... or as the tree huggers call it: "that huge pristine forest".......lotsa trees there!

The Kavik airstrip was built by oil companies about 1969 after discovery of Prudhoe.....there is a large anticline there that contains lotsa gas and no oil. The "buildings" there are cars from a cat train that was used to house seismic crews.

Next week Sarah takes Kate + 8 out camping.....after visiting a local gunshop and taking a bear deterrence class....

I hope this pisses off the Bambi Syndrome folks to the point that they cancel their planned Alaskan vacation.

Last edited by VernAK; 12/06/10.
IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Calvin
I've bt/dt with a rifle that had been knocked off of zero..

We all have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless we're not man enough to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new son-in-law that I turned into a pheasant loony this fall. He had never hunted anything before and the sum of his experience with a firearm was shooting a cattail with a high school pard's O/U. We did some practicing with a BPS I loaned him and we hit the fields.

Early on he missed a bird, and later 'clicked' an empty chamber on two beautifully pointed roosters over a span of 10-minutes. Both birds went over the hill. The guy was really disappointed in himself and I did my best to keep him upbeat and ready for the next one. We didn't see another bird for another hour or so and I could tell by looking at the guy he was still kicking his own butt.

The next bird I shot, and as the dog was making the retrieve I saw the guy wrasslin' with the pump on the BPS. I went over to check out the problem and saw a double feed with a fired hull in the chamber. He had 'clicked' that bird also. The BPS wasn't ejecting the fired hull and he had been poking the double feed back into the magazine tube all along. He didn't know any better and thought he was doing something incorrectly - short cycling or something. It turns out it was my fault and I doubted him when I shouldn't have. After wiping some strategically located crud out of the shotgun he was back in business and nailed his first pheasant that day.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are right! My favorite part is where Mrs. Palin PERSISTS with her eye on the prize. That tells me more about her than all of the flashy political crap the media spews from both the left and the right. In short, that is one determined woman and it is more than just a little bit apparent to anyone but a blind man that when she is determined to do something, Katey bar the door! That folks is my kinda grrrl (just like Snow White) and I have now made up my mind who I'm voting for.

Flower Child

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I thought it was cool that Heath and Becker had old school external kelty packs. Heath was using a cutco knife and used the float trip method of field dressing. It looked like he boned out the caribou fairly well. I don't understand why they went from using really good binoculars to kind of crappy ones. I found it interesting that Becker was wearing blue jeans-this was the dumbest thing found in the video. SOP says you should check your zero when you go out.

The gun stuff happens but walking across the creek and getting your boots wet..and then walking them dry. Yeah, she earned that caribou.

People down below might not know what walking on tussocks is like. Its not like walking along a feedlot.

Sue Atkin, the camp sitter, was quite the broad. She had the impressive story about the bear mauling. That is some pretty checky stuff.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Last edited by kaboku68; 12/06/10.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by SuperCub
She's a keeper.

Throw her back! Her Rack is too small for B & C or SCI.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Shooting a critter in front of a camera for 3.5 million people qualifies as a high pressure shot. She did well, once she got her hands on a rifle that was not messed up.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Having her father working the bolt for her doesn't come across as very presidential.

He should have realized that.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I mean,...Teddy Roosevelt's daddy didn't tag along to work the bolt on *his* rifle.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Your right-looked to me like her Dad got a little excited after the first miss by his �little girl.�
Sarah did just fine working the bolt after that and it was obvious she knows her way around bolt rifles.
And the later paper plate test proved that Sarah knew her sight picture was good-it was the gun-not her.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
$5 says gun #1 was a .270.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Having her father working the bolt for her doesn't come across as very presidential.

He should have realized that.

either does quitting the governor's office.
Is she gonna walk out when the SHTF?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
H
H
Dad took a pretty good spill. Not sure why they did not bother to sight back in when they got to camp. Unless they edited it, the kill was not until the next day. Who runs through water and soaks their pants and feet with a 5 mile walk ahead of them to get back to camp unless absolutely necessary. Based on the dads responses I think he enjoyed the hunt, but they are far and few between.

Being attacked by a bear and sewing up your own head after coming back and killing the bear!!!! Sue for president.

Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself. Monty Python
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ColsPaul

either does quitting the governor's office.

Please tell me everything you know about that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I read her book, Going Rogue.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm beginning to wonder if the producers of the show intend for it to portray her in a bad light.

Here it is the Christmas season,...and they decide that it's time for Palin to plug a reindeer.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"Donder is down! Now let's top the hill and blast Blitzen."

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.