-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MOA Trev, it's always easy to run a load and make your own drop sheet. Then if you want to change loads, or the scope ends up on a different rifle, you are still good to go.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rackmastr
Next decision is going to be whether to get an M1 etched for a load or if I'll just run it with MOA markings instead.

A BDC less MOA,is a quick track to pissing up a rope.

Forget the BDC notion and drive straight .25MOA graduations...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I've been toying with the idea of getting the 2 free CDS dials on for my new Rem 700 30-06. You guys have pretty much talked me into the M1 w/ .25MOA for my VX3 3.5-10x40.

What about the windage turrets? Does anyone use them? Or is it overkill?

Brian

Last edited by moosedrool; 12/14/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm content running without a windage knob,as much due to the function of how I tote my rifle in a laden pack...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you have never played with windage turrets there is no time like the present so start. they are fun to mess with anyways and there is nothing that says you cannot hold off for wind with one on your scope.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I getta kick outta the Holdoff Crowd,because with just a leetle downrange distance and just a leetle bit of wind...you are then gunning things less reticle interface.

Gimme LRF,dialed ele and I'll happily nudge wind with the horizintal wire,in conjunction to crosshair interface.

Easier than it sounds and it assuredly don't sound difficult either...............(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, so let me get this straight. Range, spin, crosshair where you want to poke, pull the trigger.

I don't know, sounds kinda complicated leaving out which dot or hash mark to use. Let's see, do I have a mil/moa or moa/mil, damn, where's my calculator, that critter is about to disappear. grin

Only kidding folks, I am trying to decide on a scope for a long range rig myself, and since I am a little slow to learn, I keep going back to the beauty of simplicity.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love Naysayers and I do get a bunch,but never for long.(grin)

Process is thus:

Load Naysayer into rig full of rifles/ammo,drive to Range,have them set 12" steel plates up at distances beyond their modest comprehension(typically 450/700/1K).

Flop Naysayer MPAJ in the dirt,with a rucksack front rest and nothing to the rear. Have Naysayer laze target,read comeups on the inside of stock and dump erector accordingly. Have Naysayer send one onto plate...then await their "Holy [bleep] Schit This Is Easy" Rant to wane. Have Naysayer laze next plate,dump dope,send one and then outlast the second reiteration of the initial Rant to peter out. Lastly,have Naysayer Laze next plate,dump dope,send one and then brace myself for the length of the pending Rant.(grin)

Have Naysayer return turret to "0" and repeat with different rifle/chambering.

Sells alotta rifles/glass and LRF's......................(grin)

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Sells alotta rifles/glass and LRF's......................(grin)

maybe you should go work for JB grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She should take notes,that's for certain.................

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried out my CDS last night and it has pretty firm/positive clicks. Do not have an M1 to compare it to, but I can't see where it'd be moving all over the place on it's own.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Live and learn................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Question for you guys using turrets- any of you using them on rifles you carry in scabbards, on horseback hunts?

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lotsa pards schlep them aboard Ponies...less issue...............

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,171 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.